• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Ah, free DLC for a week for those who already own Total War Rome II
http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/105979-Nomadic-Tribes-FREE-for-a-week
http://store.steampowered.com/app/258270

The Dark Matter issue could have been handled way better. I mean the devs could have made slight changes to the non-end and say it is a critique/reference on certain games and game endings in general, for example. Make it a design decision to drop the ending in order to get a message across. At least that is what I would have done.

Had they just been fully honest and upfront about it, made sure everyone who even looked at the Steam page for the game knew it was incomplete and why, there would have been less resentment and complaints. Hell, if they knew they couldn't finish it and wouldn't return to it, leave it open so players could mod and finish it even and make that a selling point while again explaining why.

Many games end up being dropped, cancelled, left incomplete, and that is understandable. Why they went about it this way and just "ended" the game as they did, just a mess all the way through.

LEGO Marvel is finally up for download and purchase for anyone waiting.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/249130/

The revommended specs says you need 8mb in your hd xD.
Recommended: 

* Processor: AMD or Intel Quad Core running at 4*2600 Mhz 

* Memory: 4 GB RAM 

* Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 or ATI Radeon HD 5850 or better 

* DirectX: Version 11 

* Network: Broadband Internet connection 

* Hard Drive: 8 MB available space

BruteUA

What would concern me in the event of an abused ModBot block list is how that would affect other giveaways using the BLACKLIST command.

BLACKLIST
This will block any user that another user has permanently blocked--basically, this is when you feel like users are exploiting the system, but you don't know who to block. It's community policing.

Is this why we can't have nice things?

It appears as a separate entry.

JaseC will be pleased.

IndieGala isn't the best bundlesite really.. If I counted it right, the average price for the weekly bundle would be 3,1 dollars, however they are charging 4,93$ for it. Pretty good offer still but Gala doesn't really give a warm vibe to it like Humble Bundle and groupees. Also their website sucks.

nexen

Guerrilla is worth it for the pass-the-controller mode called Wrecking Crew where you take turns seeing who can wreck the most stuff. Get some beer and it's a blast.

Yeah, RFG is fantastic, in my opinion. One of the few games I've played through multiple times. I understand the complaints about it being bland and/or dull but destruction + Total Recall (the original one) = win for me.

The_Monk

Anyone in euro land payed for Dark Souls in here?

http://uk.gamesplanet.com/buy-download-pc-games/Dark-Souls---Prepare-to-Die-Edition-3308-25.html

£5 is about 6€ or at least by Google, I was expecting more but I'm also expecting fees. I wanted to know if anyone payed in € to give me a exact amount for curiosity sake.

Also, I can't help but to think what will happen to DS Online Community after GFWL is over, how's the Community right now? I wonder if there's still people helping in most of Boss Fights, leaving signs and all that helpful actions or they are only focusing on PVP now...

neoism

You can use Steam Achievement Manager to idle games, no game download required. Just don't accidentally unlock any achievements if you don't want to. :p

..so how does idling cards in that program work...I'm not interested in cheating for achievements ?

Hasney

Wish me luck, SteamGAF. Due to the, uh, special way Windows 8 does things, I can't upgrade to 8.1 as I moved the User folder off the SSD. So I've used the Windows 8 ISO builder with my key to trick the Windows 8.1 ISO builder to download since Windows 8 keys don't work on 8.1. Then I shall be inserting a fake Win 8.1 key to get it installed after wiping my C drive, changing that to my Win 8 key once it boots which should allegedly make it normal and legit.

Most convoluted fucking OS install ever.

Eh, what the hell. Since it's a new thread and all.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Ticket to Ride -- MB-5B4819756AF08D04 - Taken by Alien8. 2 entrants total.
Anodyne -- MB-2D16AD761DA65305 - Taken by Ingueferroque. 7 entrants total.
Incredipede- -- MB-26170AED4666D2A4 - Taken by eyeless. 3 entrants total.
Ticket to Ride DLC -- MB-48B0A1C2B962D8BE - Taken by kulapik. 1 entrants total.
Greed Corp -- MB-DB80CBF43AB3B4EA - Taken by KenOD. 2 entrants total.

t1382461383z1.png

mannerbot

Happy to see the Spelunky love in this thread, it's an amazing game. Hope that it goes on sale soon for everyone on the fence.

Li Kao

Wish me luck, SteamGAF. Due to the, uh, special way Windows 8 does things, I can't upgrade to 8.1 as I moved the User folder off the SSD. So I've used the Windows 8 ISO builder with my key to trick the Windows 8.1 ISO builder to download since Windows 8 keys don't work on 8.1. Then I shall be inserting a fake Win 8.1 key to get it installed after wiping my C drive, changing that to my Win 8 key once it boots which should allegedly make it normal and legit.

Wow, not entering the win 8 good or bad, but you REALLY want that upgrade :eek:

An error was encountered while processing your request:
This item is currently unavailable in your region
I sure hope it doesn't stay this way...

Not available in europe, maybe that's your case.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
It is possible that ModBot will be down for a little while later today. The server it is hosted on is doing some maintenance (not related to ModBot :p)

kafiend

..so how does idling cards in that program work...I'm not interested in cheating for achievements ?

Fire up SAM. Find game you want to idle for cards in its list and double click it. It saves you having to install the game in order to get cards.

http://uk.gamesplanet.com/buy-download-pc-games/Dark-Souls---Prepare-to-Die-Edition-3308-25.html

£5 is about 6€ or at least by Google, I was expecting more but I'm also expecting fees. I wanted to know if anyone payed in € to give me a exact amount for curiosity sake.

Also, I can't help but to think what will happen to DS Online Community after GFWL is over, how's the Community right now? I wonder if there's still people helping in most of Boss Fights, leaving signs and all that helpful actions or they are only focusing on PVP now...

The good thing about Dark Souls is that it remains an amazing game even solo. That said, I believe there's still a healthy community for all aspects of it, be it coop or PvP. One thing I did realize when playing the PC version (not long after release) is that fewer people seemed interested in leaving helpful messages, as opposed to PS3 (which I played quite longer after release). Or perhaps they changed the netcode for them? Anyway, even Demon Souls seems to have quite a lot of players, even as recently as a few months back.

I would, however, guess that once Dark Souls 2 is released, a chunk of those players will flock to it, as it's only natural.

Turfster

Wait, what?
That shouldn't really affect it, should it? I mean, I moved my User folder off my SSD too...
I just had to install a couple of optional updates before the 8.1 update appeared in the Store.
(I had to re-move it after the 8.1 upgrade, because they totally dumbed down the install)

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
What would concern me in the event of an abused ModBot block list is how that would affect other giveaways using the BLACKLIST command.
Yeah...technically, if some yahoo permablocked everyone* but themselves, giveaways using the BLACKLIST command would block everyone but said yahoo from winning. At least, that's my understanding of how that works. I don't really see anyone going that far, but I definitely imagine a few of the posters here are a bit more grudge-prone than I am. Not to criticize anyone; they're free to feel what they do and act accordingly, but I generally avoid using it for that reason.

* "Everyone" would be unfeasible, but you could pretty easily nail a lot of people using the "who posted" section.

Cheddahz

Banned
I've been playing Payday 2 recently and it sucks that 95% of the time, you play with people who are assholes and/or don't come prepared (no ammo bag/first-aid kit) and they depend on you for everything

In Latin America we have a saying "el que se pica, es porque ají come", its equivalent in English would be "if the shoe fits, wear it".. So you get what you deserve...

So instead of addressing my implicit request that you justify your comment you compound your ad hominem slur with more of the same.

In conjunction with your cognitive dissonant posting style i.e. ignoring criticisms that are raised against you and only addressing criticisms when it suits you to do so, I find your approach to discussion disingenuous, if not dishonest.

Given this, let me make my position on this matter perfectly blunt:

• I do NOT have any issue with the number of ModBot wins you have accrued. If you enter a great number of these and just happen to win frequently then the system has allowed you to do so.
  • I DO take issue with the fact that you have won games merely to give them to family and friends as you have admitted yourself in a previous thread. That is contrary to the spirit and intention of ModBot which Stump himself has stated IIRC.
  • I DO take issue to your selective argumentation [as mentioned above]
  • I DO take issue with you making ad hominem attacks especially given how none have been made against you in this conversation. Several GAFers have raised their concerns about your behaviour with regard to ModBot and why. Your response to this is to make an ad hominem attack and not only fail to justify it when challenged but exacerbate it.

Frankly I am done with this matter and you. I'm too old for this shit [/Glover]. I have no wish to put you on ignore since my ignore list is currently empty but you have consistently shown yourself incapable or unwilling of deporting yourself in a reasonable manner.

I shall let the Mods deal with you henceforth.

Now, if you will excuse me boys and girls I have some serious gaming to do. Far rather that than this unpleasantness.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I saw an ad on reddit advertising Guardians of Middle Earth for 50% off today, but the store page isn't showing it.

Guessing that'll be the daily.

Li Kao

Yeah...technically, if some yahoo permablocked everyone* but themselves, giveaways using the BLACKLIST command would block everyone but said yahoo from winning. At least, that's my understanding of how that works. I don't really see anyone going that far, but I definitely imagine a few of the posters here are a bit more grudge-prone than I am. Not to criticize anyone; they're free to feel what they do and act accordingly, but I generally avoid using it for that reason.

* "Everyone" would be unfeasible, but you could pretty easily nail a lot of people using the "who posted" section.

But going by your theory wouldn't it be quickly discovered and be the best way to a well earned perma ban ?

Copons

WAIT
This is actually the most awesomest idea ever, wish you wrote it before the Deadly Premonition repeat giveaway. :(

BorntoPlay

So instead of addressing my implicit request that you justify your comment you compound your ad hominem slur with more of the same.

In conjunction with your cognitive dissonant posting style i.e. ignoring criticisms that are raised against you and only addressing criticisms when it suits you to do so, I find your approach to discussion disingenuous, if not dishonest.

Given this, let me make my position on this matter perfectly blunt:

• I do NOT have any issue with the number of ModBot wins you have accrued. If you enter a great number of these and just happen to win frequently then the system has allowed you to do so.
  • I DO take issue with the fact that you have won games merely to give them to family and friends as you have admitted yourself in a previous thread. That is contrary to the spirit and intention of ModBot which Stump himself has stated IIRC.
  • I DO take issue to your selective argumentation [as mentioned above]
  • I DO take issue with you making ad hominem attacks especially given how none have been made against you in this conversation. Several GAFers have raised their concerns about your behaviour with regard to ModBot and why. Your response to this is to make an ad hominem attack and not only fail to justify it when challenged but exacerbate it.

Frankly I am done with this matter and you. I'm too old for this shit [/Glover]. I have no wish to put you on ignore since my ignore list is currently empty but you have consistently shown yourself incapable or unwilling of deporting yourself in a reasonable manner.

I shall let the Mods deal with you henceforth.

Now, if you will excuse me boys and girls I have some serious gaming to do. Far rather that than this unpleasantness.

I have no reason to apologize again for that, as I did at the time ... If you have a problem with me that proves my point ... My conscience is clear, so relax and go play some games ... ;)

kadab

cool thanks

Hasney

Wait, what?
That shouldn't really affect it, should it? I mean, I moved my User folder off my SSD too...
I just had to install a couple of optional updates before the 8.1 update appeared in the Store.
(I had to re-move it after the 8.1 upgrade, because they totally dumbed down the install)

How did you move it originally, using sysprep?

It was already in the store, it downloaded and then got an error. Googled the error and that was the cause apparently.

Sysprep is also apparently gone from 8.1...

The_Monk

The good thing about Dark Souls is that it remains an amazing game even solo. That said, I believe there's still a healthy community for all aspects of it, be it coop or PvP. One thing I did realize when playing the PC version (not long after release) is that fewer people seemed interested in leaving helpful messages, as opposed to PS3 (which I played quite longer after release). Or perhaps they changed the netcode for them? Anyway, even Demon Souls seems to have quite a lot of players, even as recently as a few months back.

I would, however, guess that once Dark Souls 2 is released, a chunk of those players will flock to it, as it's only natural.

Thanks a lot. I had this game Day One, Limited edition on the PS3 but I no longer have the game or the console and after 40 hours I never finished it. Your post made me realize I should just wait for Dark Souls 2 and save e every penny I can for it, it might be a nice Birthday gift to myself.

cool thanks

It was posted earlier fellow GAFfer, I take no credit for the find. Have fun! ;)

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
But going by your theory wouldn't it be quickly discovered and be the best way to a well earned perma ban ?
Perhaps. I don't think a huge percentage of giveaways use the blacklist. And again, since it'd be unfeasible to block everyone, people they neglected to block (co-conspirators?!?!!) would still be able to win. They also don't have to enter every giveaway. You can see there are a few ways to try and avoid detection. And even if a clever detective sussed them out, it would still be after they'd won several giveaways.

Even if Stump is keeping a close eye on the permablock list, it could be a little tough to distinguish someone who simply...doesn't like a lot of SteamGAF (which is their prerogative) and someone who is deliberately trying to game the system.

WAIT
This is actually the most awesomest idea ever, wish you wrote it before the Deadly Premonition repeat giveaway. :(
Literally laughing out loud at my desk here. :D

Parsnip

Fire up SAM. Find game you want to idle for cards in its list and double click it. It saves you having to install the game in order to get cards.
Yup. Naturally you have to have Steam running. As long the achievement list for a game is open in SAM it will count as the game running. The only sensible way to idle in multiple games at the same time.
If you want to idle for a game that doesn't have achievements, you can feed SAM the appID and that will work as well.

derExperte

WAIT

Wouldn't have worked because it has a manual blocklist, not the global one. And if it had that one it wouldn't be too late because afaik ModBot only checks that stuff when the raffle actually happens. So for example someone can enter one and then quickly post a few times to avoid the no_lurkers rule.

• Sir, you are being hunted 50% off

Bought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom