• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

Could I insist on a question that went unanswered just one more time ?
"I didn't really like the scare tactic and AI of Amnesia, but loved the accessible and interesting puzzles. Should I play Penumbra ? It seems it is Amnesia without the hiding in closet simulation (which I didn't found great either, need moar closet in Amnesia)."
Have I a good idea of the trilogy here ?

There's a new Game Music Bundle... of the Damned!

5 Albums for $1.00

Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs
Limbo
Bloodrayne: Betrayal
Dead Space

14 Albums for $10.00

Home
Year Walk
Penumbra
Horror at MS Aurora
Organ Trail: Director's Cut
Alice: Madness Returns
Plants vs Zombies
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
[Survaillant]

Cheddahz

Banned
OoL0AsY.png

Xanathus

Yeah...technically, if some yahoo permablocked everyone* but themselves, giveaways using the BLACKLIST command would block everyone but said yahoo from winning. At least, that's my understanding of how that works. I don't really see anyone going that far, but I definitely imagine a few of the posters here are a bit more grudge-prone than I am. Not to criticize anyone; they're free to feel what they do and act accordingly, but I generally avoid using it for that reason.

* "Everyone" would be unfeasible, but you could pretty easily nail a lot of people using the "who posted" section.

We've already discussed this possibility in a previous thread, Stump has confirmed that that's NOT how the BLACKLIST command works. The TLDR of what he said is basically just go ahead and use the BLACKLIST command with no worries.

Could I insist on a question that went unanswered just one more time ?
"I didn't really like the scare tactic and AI of Amnesia, but loved the accessible and interesting puzzles. Should I play Penumbra ? It seems it is Amnesia without the hiding in closet simulation (which I didn't found great either, need moar closet in Amnesia)."
Have I a good idea of the trilogy here ?
Penumbra games are great, you should definitely play them.

Fanto just messaged me on Steam and said the reason for the ban was due to port begging in a Titanfall thread.

I noticed they were really bringing the hammer down on anyone who mentioned PS4.

Poor Fanto, will miss you buddy.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Wow it looks like they just reused assets from the Tiny Tina DLC and Borderlands 1's Zombie Island DLC. Isn't that enemy in the 2nd screenshot the same boss from a sidequest in the BL1 DLC?

Yeah looks like another case of "lazy".

That's why it's 3$ lol.

It's $3, but it doesn't sound like it's a very big/long expansion. Seems from the description that we can expect more of these "single mission" DLC packs in the future too. sigh

wow, they are really running this well dry aren't they? Not in the season pass either, lameo.

This is the rub for me. I purchased BL2 + season pass on day one. If I would have known they'd be releasing this much DLC I probably wouldn't have even bothered at all.

I hate games that are perpetually "never done". I enjoy games that have a clear beginning and end, and stay that way.

jediyoshi

This is the rub for me. I purchased BL2 + season pass on day one. If I would have known they'd be releasing this much DLC I probably wouldn't have even bothered at all.

I hate games that are perpetually "never done". I enjoy games that have a clear beginning and end, and stay that way.

It's not exactly pushing a narrative edge or anything, everything past the season pass stuff has either been aesthetic or arena based challenges.

Xanathus

It's not exactly pushing a narrative edge or anything, everything past the season pass stuff has either been aesthetic or arena based challenges.

Yeah that's why I'm sorta OK with it. The only thing that bugs me is that they're devoting resources to it rather than Borderlands 3, although it probably just means that their leads are still stuck in the brainstorming/design phase of it.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Anyone who has played Sir You are Being Hunted early access before the sale?

Thoughts? Worth the early opt in at half price?

Tellaerin

Yet another reason to wait for GOTY editions that include all the DLC, so you can go through it as part of a regular playthrough. Rather than "complete the base game first, then play this DLC, then that DLC", where it really just feels like stuff tacked on after the fact.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I am so tempted my Sir you are being hunted but I just can't convince myself to pull the trigger.

Li Kao

Other gaffers will be more qualified than me to answer, but just wanted to say that while the game had some (big ?) flaws early on, the dev seems hard at work and just released a big patch some days ago.

Definitely. I'm not sure I would have paid $20 for it in the state it was in at the time, but it's seen some decent updates and is pretty unique/interesting. Go for it.

Xanathus

Yet another reason to wait for GOTY editions that include all the DLC, so you can go through it as part of a regular playthrough. Rather than "complete the base game first, then play this DLC, then that DLC", where it really just feels like stuff tacked on after the fact.

Would be funny if Gearbox released a GOTD (Game of the Decade) version of BL2 when they're REALLY done with all DLC. I can imagine Randy Pitchford being a big enough ass to do that.

Turfster

Games added to the Humble PC & Android 7 bundle:
  • Organ Trail
  • Broken Sword Director's Cut
  • Anomaly Korea (Android)
  • Ticket to Ride Europe DLC

CheesecakeRecipe posted some screenshots and impressions for the new update yesterday.

The new Sir, You Are Being Hunted biome + halloween update is a lot of fun so far.

6270CF622A31F2F8FA76F982326C961F04D702FF

The industrial biome finally brings the game full-circle. Comparisons between SYABH and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. have come to life in the usual tongue-in-cheek manner. It's bleaker than the other biomes, at night the air has a chilling green tint characteristic of the smog generated by the still-operating machinery. Piles of junk, abandoned cranes and other various urban production vessels dot the English countryside. Naturally, the Biome operates very much in the same way as others - find the parts of the shattered stone - but some new evils lurk that present additional challenge...

6B91354DEDEA7945CFD421323E4A55C4B527B4B9

3AE1F5E430EDC67589002D0B20D46E1CEA419726

Do be careful, sir.

well the new stuff isn't included in the GOTY...so you be waiting quite a while.

Sajjaja

I like to think fantomena got banned for beating a dead horse as the "joke," was made about 10 times before he posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom