• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KPJZKC

Borntoplay, I sincerely hope your way of handling situations and the way you treat other people eventually comes back to bite you in the ass.

Needless to say I shall also enter the giveaway, so I shall just have to hope blocks can't be added after it's started!

Spookie

I met thedevs last month, they were really nice and demonstrated the concepts of the game to players, even dressed up in vintage suits and bowler hats.

Really should pick it up.

Having met one of the designers last month who were super cool to speak to. Sold. Done. Enjoy my money you cool, suave fuckers.

thanks for friend request Cuban Legend :p

http://steamcommunity.com/id/233233/
anyone else feel free to be muh friend :3

Patrick+saying+I+love+you.gif

Played FEZ for an hour and it has some pretty cool puzzle ideas wrapped in a bad platformer and some pretty cool platforming ideas wrapped in bad puzzle game

FOX_

Neo Member
I have a fancy to give DXHR Director's Cut a spin. Any word on how *successfully* the boss battles have been revamped?

Thought I'd posted this, but it looks like I didn't: is the Director's Cut upgrade worth it for someone who has Deus Ex and the DLC, but hasn't played it yet?

Turfster

Thought I'd posted this, but it looks like I didn't: is the Director's Cut upgrade worth it for someone who has Deus Ex and the DLC, but hasn't played it yet?

First: what's wrong with you? ;)
Second:
The director's cut has combined the missing link into the main campaign, reworked the boss fights, redone the lighting, added newgame+ and director's commentary.

Li Kao

Depends, the dev allegedly fused the dlc content with the main game, reworked boss battles and others little things. I'm in your case and will bite.

First: what's wrong with you? ;)
Second:
The director's cut has combined the missing link into the main campaign, reworked the boss fights, redone the lighting, added newgame+ and director's commentary.

Backlog, man. It's on my list. :lol

Hmm, maybe I'll buy it once I'm ready to play, then. Get it all in one.

The_Monk

New thread? And it's 9 pages already? You never disappoint me, guys!

I haven't seen you around and now you have a different avatar? What's going on!

---

Anyway, with Halloween holiday arriving is anyone planning on starting to play something horror related to get in the mood?

Halloween may not be a fairly common tradition in here but I do like the spirit of such holiday, it's fun.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Yes, because it's boring reading someone cry about the OG boss design for the 85 millionth time because they don't have a grasp on basic gameplay functions or planning.

Tellaerin

Even though I didn't care for the main game of Red Faction (there, I spelled it correctly this time, no math) Guerilla, the multiplayer and how much you can destroy/highest score segment was bloody good fun and I would have loved if that had become a full game instead of Armageddon.
If cheap enough or won through a giveaway, it's worth it on it's own as something to come back to from time to time.

I could never like Red Faction: Armageddon though. People said it had moments that made it feel like Descent, they were wrong. Also mediocre bland linear game play where it's biggest gimmick of repair/fix damage did nothing of interest for most players.

It's strange you'd mention this, since I happen to be in the middle of a Red Faction: Armageddon playthrough now. I actually installed it by mistake (I meant to reinstall Guerrilla, started the download, went to take the dog for a walk, and came back to discover that I'd apparently highlighted the wrong game on the list. >.> At that point I was about 4 gig into the download, so I was like, "Welp, guess I get to try out Armageddon now!") I'm actually enjoying it, and had been thinking about asking why people seemed to be so down on the game before I saw your post.

So far, the linear nature of the game hasn't been an issue for me. Coming off of finishing Saints Row 3, it feels like a nice change of pace. It hasn't been "run down this corridor-set-dressed-to-look-like-Afghanistan and do what your squadmates prompt you to do when they prompt you to do it" linearity, which is what I typically have issues with.

The story's not terribly deep or anything, but I like the protagonist - the poor bastard never seems to catch a break, so I'm hoping he manages to turn things around for himself by the end of the game. I'm pleasantly surprised at how well Volition worked the nanotech repair thing into the gameplay. Being able to rebuild destructible cover for yourself on the fly is cool. More importantly, it means you'll almost always have fodder on hand for the magnet gun. Being able to fire a magnetic charge into some marauding creature that's charging at you, shoot another one over its shoulder into the shantytown behind it, and watch it get yanked back and flung through a building never gets old. Or firing a magnetic charge into something, shooting another one into the stalactites overhead, and watching the monster get flung up into the air and gib on the ceiling. (Maybe I just amuse easily, I don't know.) The Force powers Nano Forge abilities have been fun to play with so far, too. And I spent about an hour messing with Ruin Mode last night, trying to beat my high scores.

So yeah, maybe I'm in the minority here, but I'm having fun with RF: A, and I'm not really seeing why it has the rep it does.

Volcynika

Here's my leftovers from The Flying Bundle that I picked up yesterday. I thought I didn't have Clones but apparently I did! So it should work, but I apologize if it doesn't...

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Beep -- MB-2943009F60019DCE - Taken by Cth
Clones -- MB-B078A05067ABF67E - Taken by Purkake4
The Polynomial -- MB-6184205BE10CAAE4 - Taken by Tellaerin
Bob Came In Pieces -- MB-BF520BC3ED773EDE - Taken by louiedog

Cth

Gone Home is very tempting, but so is The Stanley Parable.

I can only have one. Help me choose, Steam-GAF.

Personally I'd go with TSP.

Gone Home requires a little more work (as in you get out of it what you put into it -- reading and piecing together the backstory).. TSB actively engages the player.

Tellaerin

Here's my leftovers from The Flying Bundle that I picked up yesterday. I thought I didn't have Clones but apparently I did! So it should work, but I apologize if it doesn't...

Thank you for The Polynomial, Volcynika! (And now I feel like I'm back in a high school math class... >.> )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom