• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

maneil99

I'd be curious to hear more about War Thunder if anyone has sunk some time into it (or any other of the recent f2p games; is Elsword anything like SSB, is Ragnarok Online not lame)

War Thunder, tricky subject to judge depending on who you are. First thing you will want to know is if it is F2P or P2W ( Thats what the kids say now right? )
Good news is its not needed to spend any money to progress. I have spent a whopping 0$ and feel like at no disadvantage. To be honest I don't see ANY reason to pay money, if I had an option to get free $ for a F2P game this would not be it as I see no purpose.
What can you buy? Each faction has planes locked for money only but these are not very good planes and are only about 5% of the total planes in the game. You can also spend$ to increase your rank which is annoying but due to how the Queue works you only are matched against people withing 1-2 levels so doing so may actually put you against better players.

Speaking of Planes lets talk factions. There are 5 factions, each has its own planes. You level up factions independently, meaning you need to master a faction before unlocking all the planes. If you rank up two factions at the same time you will find yourself running low on $.
There is two types of currency in the game. Lions and Eagles, eagles are the paid for currency, lions are the ingame free currency. You get additional lions from kills, hits, assists,wins,completions,logging in ect.
There is a few issues I have which involve the currency. Planes cost lions to be immediately repaired, however its is a small fee, normally 300-500 lions ( you get about 5,000 a game ) Also it costs Lions o train your crew to fly a new plane. Once a crew flys a plane once you will not need to pay to put it into service again. You can buy up to 5 crew slots per faction with Lions, more with eagles. Once a plane dies in game its done for the match assuming you didn't purchase a 2nd life ( Lions only ) However most of the time assuming you are decent this will never happen. You are free to leave whenever you want, never being XP penalized for quiting.

Gameplay wise there are 3 Core Game modes

Arcade : easy controls, unlimited fuel ( Fuel Leaks are present ) start in the air, mixed faction teams

Historical Battle : Hardcore controls, Take of from runway, fixed faction teams (US vs Japan ) historical maps that fit context only ( No USA vs Britain )

Realism mode : Flight simulator to the max, everything in Historical turned up to 10, you need to complete Tutorials to play HB or Realism Mode )

Gameplay wise its very satisfying, crash landings ,high quality destructible planes, awesome cockpits and amazing visuals provide a great experience.

Overall I have 30+ Hours in the game, I am loving it, it does take a bit of time to rank up but the free Lions and Eagles you get really help your economy and you never feel like you need to pay. Also because maps are unlocked as you level up there is always something new and cool you are finding. Whether that be a lightning map at night, attacking pearl harbor or fighting in the desert with the sun in your eyes its always fun.Even if you aren't a fan of plane games I would give this game a go.

9.2/10

Graphics - 9.8/10 (Poor Motion Blur effect on terrain is annoying, game is well optimized)

Sound -9.6/10 ( Not an Expert on planes but they sound great )

Gameplay 9/10 ( Great in game game play slightly bogged down by grindy levels towards to end of a factions ranking system and high priced end game planes )

Community 8/10 ( A lot of rammers which gets annoying but with a active player base of over 15,000+ users at all times this game definitely has legs )

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_2783133

If you use this invite referal link you get 50 free eagles ( Paid Currency ) to start

Dr Dogg

Well I feel dirty. Not only have I just preordered Battlefield 4 but I've also shopped at GAME. I think the 10% off voucher and £12 in reward dosh swayed me but I think I need to grab some soap.

denx

After playing some of the Batman Arkham Asylum challenges, it is pretty clear to me now that I'm way over my head with these things. There's no way I'm gonna get anything more than one badge per combat challenge. So much for going for 100% completion. :(

Oh well, on to the next thing I guess. I feel like I might burn out on the Batman formula if I play Arkham City right now, so I'm gonna play War for Cybertron next. Should be good.
come on Acti 75% discount for Fall of Cybertron plis

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I apologize to Salsa and the people of Uruguay for my extra-nasty remarks. I am still hut/upset, but that was not pro of me.

KarmaCow

Thought I would share this here, I finished Escape Goat - All Intensive Purposes. That was fun and stressful at the same time. It took me 25 hours (even if the screen says 12h) and 2500 deaths

I don't know why but I thought it was just a hard mode variant (ie limited lives) of the main game so I never touched it despite passing over it multiple times. Grats on completing it, sounds insane.

Khronico

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Salvation Prophecy -- MB-9EA0CC7840AD2A0B - Taken by Tellaerin. 22 entrants total.

t1382934619z1.png

Hot off the presses.

Mideon

Halloween sale come to me!! First time having a decent rig when there is a sale. Looking forward to emptying my wallet!

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Thought I would share this here, I finished Escape Goat - All Intensive Purposes. That was fun and stressful at the same time. It took me 25 hours (even if the screen says 12h) and 2500 deaths

You have my respect. I'm going to finish it myself too but not anytime soon, I got stuck on level 6 (I think) of the 4th door for about 2 hours and I was like: "Nope"

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
Really itching for more STALKER after I finish my playthrough(s) of Shadow of Chernobyl so I hope Clear Sky & Call of Pripyat get 75% rebates. They're uh, Halloween-ish. Maybe.

maty

I don't know why but I thought it was just a hard mode variant (ie limited lives) of the main game so I never touched it despite passing over it multiple times. Grats on completing it, sounds insane.

Thanks, I didn't know about those levels until I read it here and since I like hard platformers (well, platformers in general), SMB, Giana Sisters, etc, I figured I'd tried them. I didn't imagine it would be this hard though.

You have my respect. I'm going to finish it myself too but not anytime soon, I got stuck on level 6 (I think) of the 4th door for about 2 hours and I was like: "Nope"

Gracias NaM :p

There are several levels that at first glance seem impossible, but most of it comes to repetition until you start clearing sections and get used to the timing. Of course, that doesn't mean you won't get frustrated in the process.

Now I can quote al Diego "Toti PasmanAll intensive purposes la tenes adentro"

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Now I can quote al Diego "Toti PasmanAll intensive purposes la tenes adentro"

If we are using quotes from him to do a parallelism with the game something more appropiate in my case would be: "No nos comamos el chamuyo Alemán"
:(

maty

If we are using quotes from him to do a parallelism with the game something more appropiate in my case would be: "No nos comamos el chamuyo Alemán"
:(

Please don't remind me of that, I was there both times, in Germany and South Africa :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom