• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razorskin

----- ------
Guess what arrived at my doorstep today!

007lbim7.jpg

Your attitude is infectious, but I'm nothing if not reasonable. ;)
Please tell me you paid a reasonable price for it

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Terraria ran circles around minecraft and did it without being appalling to look at. Terraria's the only good indie game to come out so far.

I was asking what genres those were in 1992. Matter of you preferring a 2D game over a 3D geometry one wasn't a question in my mind.

As for "only good indie", that's not something I could ever understand the opinion of. I've had just such a great time with so many various independently developed or produced games over the years, be it back in the 80s/early 90s on my ZX Spectrum out of magazines or today on jayisgames.com, Steam, or other resources.

Atomski

I was asking what genres those were in 1992. Matter of you preferring a 2D game over a 3D geometry one wasn't a question in my mind.

As for "only good indie", that's not something I could ever understand the opinion of. I've had just such a great time with so many various independently developed or produced games over the years, be it back in the 80s/early 90s on my ZX Spectrum out of magazines or today on jayisgames.com, Steam, or other resources.

I remember playing games like Chivalry, Stanley Parable, Kerbal Space Program and so on in 1992.. it was good times.

maneil99

I liked it better the first way. It was more correct based on actual indie games that have come out. There's probably potential to be found somewhere but no one's figured out how to bring it out in anything besides a genre I played in 1992.
I like you. For now.

Sarcasm

Terraria ran circles around minecraft and did it without being appalling to look at. Terraria's the only good indie game to come out so far.

Come on, that's ridiculous.

Yeah I didn't really like Terraria either.

Terraria is awesome so is Minercraft.

Just Minecraft by itself really isn't a game and the update scene on it sucks just as much as it does in T. Gets better that Minecraft has a team behind it. The best they can do is take a few things that have been in the modding scene for months & months and add it in. You'd imagine with that cash income they are sitting on they can do better than a couple things added. Sure 1.7.2 adds some variation to world generation..but sadly still behind a mod that has been what around since 1.4.7?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Terraria wins by actually being a game and actually being coded in a language other than fucking java.

liezryou

Ok grief.exe and other steam database gurus. Can anyone tell me what the difference between XCOM: Enemy Unknown US/NA and the ROW version (steam gifts).

Sajjaja

YO GUYS. THE WALKING DEAD MAN, THE WALKING DEAD....THE WALKING DEAD.....THE WALKING DEAD. THE WALKING DEAD. THE WALKING DEAD. THE WALKING DEAD. THE WALKING DEAD. THE WALKING DEAD. THE WALKING DEAD. THE WALKING DEAD. THE WALKING DEAD................................I JUST FINISHED.... THE WALKING DEAD..........

GAME OF THE YEAR, GUYS.... FEELS, ALL OF THEM.... GUYS.... I... ='(

I NEED TO REPLAY THIS....

I NEED TELLTALE IN MY VEINS!!!!

I gotta get Wolf Among Us... Walking Dead season 2 reveal tomorrow (29th).....im all excited.

YO GUYS. THE WALKING DEAD MAN, THE WALKING DEAD....THE WALKING DEAD.....THE WALKING DEAD. THE WALKING DEAD. THE WALKING DEAD. THE WALKING DEAD. THE WALKING DEAD. THE WALKING DEAD. THE WALKING DEAD. THE WALKING DEAD. THE WALKING DEAD................................I JUST FINISHED.... THE WALKING DEAD..........

I gotta get Wolf Among Us... Walking Dead season 2 reveal tomorrow (29th).....im all excited.

Yes, The Walking Dead is an amazing piece of story telling, the 400 days DLC is not up to par in my opinion, probably because you don't connect to the characters as stories are too short, but I hope that season 2 is good.

Sajjaja

*all these feels....feels........so many fucking feels*

Yes, The Walking Dead is an amazing piece of story telling, the 400 days DLC is not up to par in my opinion, probably because you don't connect to the characters as stories are too short, but I hope that season 2 is good.

I hope to get it with my card money ($2.27, living large), if it goes as deep a discount as it is on Amazon ($1.25).

Did anyone here really replayed the walking dead?

Aaron

I didn't dig Wolf Among Us. Walking Dead had an excuse to be constantly bleak, but in the Fables game I just got so numb to everything that not even the ending shocking me. If something good or positive ever happened in the first episode then maybe I wouldn't constantly be expecting the worse. Made for a dull experience despite the characters.

Wok

I didn't dig Wolf Among Us. Walking Dead had an excuse to be constantly bleak, but in the Fables game I just got so numb to everything that not even the ending shocking me. If something good or positive ever happened in the first episode then maybe I wouldn't constantly be expecting the worse. Made for a dull experience despite the characters.

I like how the ending scene is shot as it would have been in a movie. With movies like Gravity borrowing from videogame first-person views à la Bioshock, and games like TWAS borrowing from movies, both media improve.

Sajjaja

Not really, the illusion of choice was always present, you thought you could change the game drastically, you can't.

Major decisions sure, but there are still other decisions that will impact how the game progresses. The main events will always be the same, but the journey won't be.

Major decisions sure, but there are still other decisions that will impact how the game progresses. The main events will always be the same, but the journey won't be.
It's weird to look at characters and think, "you are already dead, and I can't do anything to save you." .

Copons

Not really, the illusion of choice was always present, you thought you could change the game drastically, you can't.

Well, there are like 3 or 4 outcomes that are in fact different (even if not drastically), and replaying the game would lead to other outcomes possibly changing how Season 2 (or even some details in 400 Days) will play.
I'm very curious to see how they managed some other choices, but still, I'd prefer to stick with my first and only "true" playthrough.

Sajjaja

Well, there are like 3 or 4 outcomes that are in fact different (even if not drastically), and replaying the game would lead to other outcomes possibly changing how Season 2 (or even some details in 400 Days) will play.
I'm very curious to see how they managed some other choices, but still, I'd prefer to stick with my first and only "true" playthrough.

That's why there are 3 save slots :p But yeah, for season 2, I'm definitely sticking to my first playthrough.

Sajjaja

It's weird to look at characters and think, "you are already dead, and I can't do anything to save you." .

Might as well not play games then right? I believe the saying goes, "Life is a journey, it's not about where you end up, but how you get there." Or something flowery like that. There are moderate relationship dynamics and there certainly are instances where you directly impact the fate of the characters around you and that can change (even remotely) the journey, which, in my opinion, makes it worthy of a replay.

It is stranger to look at characters and think "you died, why are you suddenly back in the game?"

... yeah I need to get over it.

Dude...just do it....Do it....Do it.

Clawww

I gotta stay out of these PC gaming threads, man. People literally bitching that they can't run AAA games on their laptops and proclaiming this as some kind of sign of PC gaming's 'failure.'

Sajjaja

I gotta stay out of these PC gaming threads, man. People literally bitching that they can't run AAA games on their laptops and proclaiming this as some kind of sign of PC gaming's 'failure.'

Hey man, just click my tag, and you'll understand what it means to be a PC gamer :p

Walking Dead is probably the least replayable game I've ever played. It does well in convincing you that you had worthwhile choices to make throughout, that you were shaping it into a wildly different and personalized experience, but replays will just give you a peek behind the curtains that ruins the thing it has going for it.

Definitely the kind of game that you play once, stick adamantly to your choices, and appreciate that experience.

I like the guy who cherry picked a highly controversial EA game just to add a number of steps to illustrate the woes of PC gaming.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ok grief.exe and other steam database gurus. Can anyone tell me what the difference between XCOM: Enemy Unknown US/NA and the ROW version (steam gifts).

This NA sub? Code class 4 ("Steam 2010 Key") means it was made specifically for retail keys, but aside from that there's nothing special about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom