• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

The only version of Doom 3 I owned was on Xbox so I went ahead and grabbed the BFG edition. Even without the mods seems like a good deal to me for all that content/

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Wasn't there a Nintendo 64 version of Doom that wasn't like the others? I remember really liking that game. Maybe I'll go look for an emulator...

Doom 64, and yes, it's a totally different game, very unique, and worth checking out. You're probably best off looking for a modded version to play on PC rather than going the N64 emulation route.

Freezard

GetLoaded SEGA
Choose any 2 games for 8€/10$
  • Aliens Colonial Marines
  • Aliens vs Predator Collection
  • Dawn of War
  • Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed
  • Binary Domain
  • Company of Heroes Complete
  • Medieval Total War II Collection
  • Rome Total War Collecion
  • Empire Total War
  • Hell Yeah
  • Condemned Criminal Origins
  • Viking
  • Alpha Protocol
  • Renegade Ops Collection
  • Virtua Tennis 4
  • Dreamcast Collection

Decent price for Colonial Marines and Sonic Transformed but nothing special.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I found this on reddit
http://i.imgur.com/IMUDwcR.jpg

I didnt know steam was announcing their sales..

Even accounting for a sale title change depending on region (the Autumn Sale was the Spring Sale in southern hemisphere territories, so the Winter Sale analogue, considering the Summer Sale has already been and gone and didn't sport a different title in southern parts of the world, would indeed be either Christmas Sale or Holiday Sale), "... from action and indie and everything in between" screams fake to me.

Decent price for Colonial Marines and Sonic Transformed but nothing special.
Just purchased yesterday at a local store both the boxed retail versions of Binary Domain and Condemned for less than 6€ in total. I'll skip this sale then, already have what I want except for Hell Yeah.

Grief.exe

I found this on reddit
http://i.imgur.com/IMUDwcR.jpg

I didnt know steam was announcing their sales..

Has Steam ever run an advertisement? I'm generally curious.

Lawl. My dad was trying to recover a couple of old documednts from a very old computer we had. When he finally got the computer starting Steam automatically logged on my Steam user, my first ever Steam user (I have ahd 3, first I forgot the password and username, second got hacked) and there Wheelman, Breach and a couple of other games was.

Im gonna go to the cinema today to watch The Hobbit 2 with some friends, so I won't touch them before tommorrow though.

Btw, is there any new deals or bundles going on? Any big news?

That's pretty cool, fanto. Family Share that immediately.

Grid view is the best view.

Agreed, though I will say, like, if you get over 30 games it starts to become unwieldy. I'm on the cusp of doing a reformat right now.

Hey everybody... Ben from Ripstone Games here (Intern, so I may or may not keep introducing myself as that for a while). I'm here to let people know that Stick It To The Man, which came out on PS3/Vita last month, in between the two next gen console launches, is coming to Steam TODAY. If anybody has any questions, please, ask away. I'll do my best to answer anything and everything.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressreleases/206986/STICK_IT_TO_THE_MAN_OUT_TODAY_ON_STEAM.php

Stick It To The Man will be available to download from Steam on Friday 13 th December 2013 (unlucky for some) at 11:00am PST. The game will be priced at £11.99 / €13.99 / $14.99 with a 40% launch discount for one week only! The Steam version of the game features Trading Cards & Achievements. Grab the game here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/251830/

Cheers all. :)

Ben

Thanks for the info!

drizzle

Axel Hertz
That's pretty cool, fanto. Family Share that immediately

He doesn't have the password for the account and the email it was registered with is no longer available.

In other words, he can't change the email from within the client itself (you need the password for that) or the email (he needs to click on a confirmation email to do so).

I'm kinda puzzled at how you can get into a situation that you can't change the password on a Steam account OR the email it's associated to. I'm trying to think of a way out, but I don't see one.

Tizoc

Hey everybody... Ben from Ripstone Games here (Intern, so I may or may not keep introducing myself as that for a while). I'm here to let people know that Stick It To The Man, which came out on PS3/Vita last month, in between the two next gen console launches, is coming to Steam TODAY. If anybody has any questions, please, ask away. I'll do my best to answer anything and everything.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressreleases/206986/STICK_IT_TO_THE_MAN_OUT_TODAY_ON_STEAM.php

Cheers all. :)

Ben
No dice on a 2pack option? Ah well gonna gift it when its released.

JaseC

Steam.exe freezes when I try to log into my primary account but loads up just fine when I log into my secondary account. Fantastic.

Turfster

Steam.exe freezes when I try to log into my primary account but loads up just fine when I log into my secondary account. Fantastic.

Too many games, it can't list them all!
(Does it actually freeze, or does it still do stuff but doesn't update the window? Because mine does that sometimes at launch)

drizzle

Axel Hertz

1) Delete every .blob file from the Steam folder
2) delete everything but userdata, steamapps and steam.exe from the folder
3) stop using skins

JaseC

Too many games.
Too many games, it can't list them all!

mq_003pxzvs.jpg

(Does it actually freeze, or does it still do stuff but doesn't update the window? Because mine does that sometimes at launch)

It freezes: the RAM usage rises for a few moments before grinding to a halt. My secondary account successfully logs in within about 10 seconds.

Edit:
1) Delete every .blob file from the Steam folder
2) delete everything but userdata, steamapps and steam.exe from the folder
3) stop using skins

I did that and completely reinstalled to no avail, but I did overcome the issue by taking the 7, config, and ufg folders out of my userdata folder. Better make a note of that somewhere.

delete your computer

I tried that but I'm not very good at computer.

Turfster

mq_003pxzvs.jpg

It freezes: the RAM usage rises for a few moments before grinding to a halt. My secondary account successfully logs in within about 10 seconds.

Yeah, what drizzle said then, if you haven't tried it yet.
First remove just the blob file, if that doesn't help, remove everything in the steam root dir except the executable and try that (make a backup copy first, of course, altho since the other account *can* log in, I don't think this would help)

JaseC

I think that's the best picture of Saoirse posted that I have seen.

When she had short hair I missed the long hair, but now that she's had long hair again for quite a while I miss the short hair, haha.

Yeah, what drizzle said then, if you haven't tried it yet.
First remove just the blob file, if that doesn't help, remove everything in the steam root dir except the executable and try that (make a backup copy first, of course, altho since the other account *can* log in, I don't think this would help)

I fixderised the problem:

I did that and completely reinstalled to no avail, but I did overcome the issue by taking the 7, config, and ufg folders out of my userdata folder. Better make a note of that somewhere.

Ah, that delicious flat chest there...

Boobs schmoobs! ;)

Do you guys need a banner for the Steam GOTY voting? I'm working on one for the Indie Thread, and all I'd have to do is change the pictures to only Steam games

What do you think?

ajEPol2.jpg

Jawmuncher

Do you guys need a banner for the Steam GOTY voting? I'm working on one for the Indie Thread, and all I'd have to do is change the pictures to only Steam games

What do you think?

ajEPol2.jpg

You'll have to get with MRORANGE but I like the idea here.
Simple but it conveys exactly what it needs to. The GAF logo needs to be fixed though looks like some artifcats on it.

You'll have to get with MRORANGE but I like the idea here.
Simple but it conveys exactly what it needs to. The GAF logo needs to be fixed though looks like some artifcats on it.
I'm using Pixlr not Photoshop (since I only have PS access when on campus), so I'm not sure how to fine tune it like that. Plus I think it helps the word stand out from the images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom