• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
ModBot was drunk because of an oddly formed PM received yesterday around noon. No one's fault. I just got it fixed because Jordan PMed me to let me know it wasn't responding. The queue should be cleared over the next little while. If you spammed modbot with multiple giveaway requests, you'll get... multiple responses!

This kind of thing is fairly rare at this juncture because almost every possible issue should just cause that PM not to be processed, but this was a piece of code that didn't have proper error handling on it. My bad.

Sorry for the inconvenience. On the bright side, there should be a bunch of giveaways today!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
That's just the beginning.

Later on "Stumpokapow" is actually Modbot AI. And soon enough even Evil Lore is Modbot.

Pakkidis

Something seems to be wrong with modbot for me. After sending them a pm to register a game in took nearly a full day to go through and get a pm back. The problem is that I put a 3 hour raffle on it and thus has now expired. What do I do now?

I really hope Xmas Sale won't start exactly at Xmas

Going by the leaked email the Winter Sale is starting December 19th.

Something seems to be wrong with modbot for me. After sending them a pm to register a game in took nearly a full day to go through and get a pm back. The problem is that I put a 3 hour raffle on it and thus has now expired. What do I do now?

Nuke the keys and register again.

Part of me wonders whether 7 Days to Die is secretly an experiment from a couple of dudebro's trying to see how far they can go with a game developed from inside their garage. It has to be something like that if your company carries a name like The Fun Pimps. Self-published too by their Entertainment LLC branch. Also, the very first screenshot you see when opening up its storepage:

ss_607852099e10ef19d746cdb2b423496c1b89a41e.600x338.jpg

Zombie cleavage!

Jawmuncher

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sanctum: Collection -- MB-CEC7BBA7F8EF04EB - Taken by Deques
Faerie Solitaire -- MB-8F70F8A986D8D52F - Taken by AScotAbroad
Zeno Clash -- MB-24946B1DB18AED12 - Taken by Darth Kupi
Killing Floor -- MB-8F8FC7928C77DFFB - Taken by DeadlyVirus

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Sanctum: Collection was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Faerie Solitaire was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Zeno Clash was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Killing Floor was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

That was the hell modbot had to go through to giveaway these games for you all.

Jawmuncher

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Cognition Episode 1 -- MB-A3A6D76DA13A3AD8 - Taken by Faabulous
Cognition Episode 2 -- MB-69DE4BBBD12E43E8 - Taken by nightstorm

Having either episode gives a discount on the full game.

cicero

How can you not like the new Sarah Connor?

It would have been better to have chosen more of an everyday normal substantial Linda Hamilton-esque actress than some trendy pretty face who has had just one role of any note. Even Lena Headey from Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles has had a notable array of far more substantial tough on screen personas. IMO it is just another typically Hollywood flash over substance decision designed at furthering the movie's sex appeal draw and reacting to popular trends rather than serving the story and characters. I expect something like the 2012 reboot of Total Recall. Lots of CGI, pretty faces, quick shaky camera shots creating the illusion of intense action, mediocre to incredibly bad story and dialogue, low believability, you know, all of the typical Hollywood norms.

Over the years one learns never to expect much from Hollywood, that way a person is rarely disappointed.

Turfster

It would have been better to have chosen more of an everyday normal substantial Linda Hamilton-esque actress than some trendy pretty face who has had just one role of any note.
Except that Linda Hamilton hadn't really done anything substantial before she was Sarah Connor either. If you never give people a chance, they won't be able to pleasantly surprise you either.

I just saw that Wasteland 2 dropped 10€ in price going from 54€ to 44€ was there any news regarding this my good people?
Looks like they price-matched the US price. Now we both pay the equivalent of 60$

Kifimbo

Modbot 2 said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Aztaka -- MB-19B71E636393CE4A - Taken by PandaPedinte
Gravi -- MB-CB28C2B01BF89CC7 - Taken by corrosivefrost

Thanks Stump.

Tizoc

My first time using ModBot, hope I'm doing it right ^^;
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Typing of the Dead Overkill -- MB-D3106E2CC6283B71

t1387117893z1.png

Dr Dogg

I just saw that Wasteland 2 dropped 10€ in price going from 54€ to 44€ was there any news regarding this my good people?

Seeing as it's still £29.99 here I assume it's bringing the € price more into line with the $ price. If only other devs were as gracious as inXile as some of the 1:1 €-$ prices (or even greater) are way more than tax on top.

My first time using ModBot, hope I'm doing it right ^^;

By offering Typing of the Dead you're doing it more than right ;)

Divius

I'm really digging Hard Reset. It's easy to pick up and play for a bit. The fast paced arcade shooting feels wonderful and the more difficult encounters are just difficult enough to let me clear them while barely surviving, which feels great. The visual style really speaks to me and when the player is let into the open (too much is inside and the level design isn't exactly spectacular) it often reminds me of Blade Runner.

edit: I've played for a few hours and have no idea how far into the game I am, but do I ever get new weapons?

cicero

Except that Linda Hamilton hadn't really done anything substantial before she was Sarah Connor either. If you never give people a chance, they won't be able to pleasantly surprise you either.

Regardless of what she did since her Terminator role, she fit the story and character very well. She was not the typical trendy pretty face being pushed at that time. She looked like an everyday woman working as a waitress in gritty 1980s LA. Also, Linda had worked for years doing numerous TV shows and movies before she hit it big in Terminator. I could be very wrong about this casting choice and what the end product will be, but I doubt very much that they will buck the usual big tentpole style over substance production. Time will tell. This seemingly shallow casting choice and typical move to reboot a franchise instead of creating something new doesn't bode well or give me hope though.

milena87

Ok, let's try this

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

BioShock Infinite -- MB-D7A0BA5928D58ED6 - Taken by Wok. 45 entrants total.

t1387047846z1.png

Dambrosi

Banned
Haven't played Risk of Rain but I'm not really interested.

And I hated Bioshock Infinite. It's among the games I played this year I liked the least.
Noted!

Risk of Rain looks pretty sweet as well. I played BioInf and wasn't a fan.
Actually, I hear y'all about Infinite. It would have been so much better with some exploration and adventure elements, and not so many bullet-sponges. It certainly doesn't deserve to be on anyone's GOTY list, IMO, and certainly not over the likes of Metro: Last Light or Dishonored GOTY. EDIT: Oh milena87, such fortuitous timing XD

Accent, I did a write-up on my initial experiences with RoR here. I hope that it convinces you to at least take another look at this overlooked gem.

Just finished Deadpool which I was a bit unsure about picking up in the sale. Ended up biting when it hit $10. It was surprisingly enjoyable. The combat was quite basic and repetitive however once you get a few momentum(meter used for specials) upgrades it never gets old when you chain them all together.

It was pretty much just the humor that made it an enjoyable play through though. It was spot on IMO. Well worth the $10.

Appreciating the 10 hour or less games these days. Not sure if that's a bad thing or not.

Jørdan

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Children of the Nile Complete -- MB-307DE62614F5E34B - Taken by jshackles
Hinterland -- MB-38E637245A58A106 - Taken by user237

Also using Details without icons view.

Acccent

Accent, I did a write-up on my initial experiences with RoR here. I hope that it convinces you to at least take another look at this overlooked gem.

Thanks, but the thing is: these days I'm really not hungry for any kind of conflict in the games I play. Not fast-paced conflict, anyway. I didn't like Rogue Legacy at all... and my 2013 top 5 was The Swapper, Starseed Pilgrim, Proteus, Papers Please and Fez - there's barely any conflict in any of these. (Well, you could argue that "there's conflict but not combat", and that Papers Please is super fast-paced, but you see what I mean.) I'm just not in the mood for it!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Jørdan;93651477 said:
Also using Details without icons view.

Thanks for Children of the Nile!

milena87

EDIT: Oh milena87, such fortuitous timing XD

I try my best :p

And I agree that, while I personally liked Infinite, I didn't find it better than others that I played this year (admittedly, this year I mostly played Dark Souls). Anyway it's still fun and with a nice story, now someone else will get to try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom