• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished Deadpool which I was a bit unsure about picking up in the sale. Ended up biting when it hit $10. It was surprisingly enjoyable. The combat was quite basic and repetitive however once you get a few momentum(meter used for specials) upgrades it never gets old when you chain them all together.

It was pretty much just the humor that made it an enjoyable play through though. It was spot on IMO. Well worth the $10.

Appreciating the 10 hour or less games these days. Not sure if that's a bad thing or not.

Agreed, I grabbed it at the same price and think its a great game to dip in and out of. While I've not been impressed with HMS Transformers ports, this game works rather nicely on PC. Also helps I love Deadpool humour.

Dambrosi

Banned
Thanks, but the thing is: these days I'm really not hungry for any kind of conflict in the games I play. Not fast-paced conflict, anyway. I didn't like Rogue Legacy at all... and my 2013 top 5 was The Swapper, Starseed Pilgrim, Proteus, Papers Please and Fez - there's barely any conflict in any of these. (Well, you could argue that there's "conflict but not combat", and that Papers Please is super fast-paced, but you see what I mean.) I'm just not in the mood for it!
Ah, i see. Actually, trying to think of non-casual games without conflict/combat in them is kind of difficult without a list in front of you. though I think you might dig Gone Home or Dear Esther, since you're a Proteus fan (although I wouldn't call them games, myself, more "auto-narrated environment simulators"). Also, have you tried Stealth Bastard? No combat, but mentally taxing, and well worth a play through IMO.

Lain

So, I put aside my hate for GAME and bought the Skyrim collection just to get the DLC even though all my time spent with Skyrim has been a few hours, most of which was wasted trying to make a good looking character (which felt impossibly hard for me) and checking out some mods.
To justify such a bad spending of money, one of you guys can have the base Skyrim:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim -- MB-B12E7A2995F71124 - Taken by bloke. 37 entrants total.

t1387049647z1.png

Turfster

Ah, i see. Actually, trying to think of non-casual games without conflict/combat in them is kind of difficult without a list in front of you. though I think you might dig Gone Home or Dear Esther, since you're a Proteus fan (although I wouldn't call them games, myself, more "auto-narrated environment simulators"). Also, have you tried Stealth Bastard? No combat, but mentally taxing, and well worth a play through IMO.

Gone Home is a good suggestion (and it is so a game).
Stay away from Dear Esther, tho.

Acccent

yup I have all of these already (they're totally games!) thanks!

My first time using ModBot, hope I'm doing it right ^^;

Ok, let's try this

So, I put aside my hate for GAME and bought the Skyrim collection just to get the DLC even though all my time spent with Skyrim has been a few hours, most of which was wasted trying to make a good looking character (which felt impossibly hard for me) and checking out some mods.
To justify such a bad spending of money, one of you guys can have the base Skyrim:

Holy crap, you guys are amazing. <3

I own all three and they're FANTASTIC giveaways!

user237

ModBot said:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Theatre of War -- MB-27D70901B06842C3 - Taken by Dusk Golem. 2 entrants total.
Pacific Storm Allies -- MB-F6E4DC5ECE4EDE6D
King's Bounty: The Legend -- MB-0088333E6114224F - Taken by zerokoolpsx. 1 entrants total.
Race On -- MB-18AC2A4940C87FE3 - Taken by Darkroronoa. 2 entrants total.
STCC II -- MB-DCC6559BDDDBE13F
WWIII: Black Gold -- MB-E55380AE74C78C02
Combat Wings: Battle of Britain -- MB-762EE22A9ED34A09 - Taken by bigwinnerx. 2 entrants total.
WWII Panzer Claws 1 & 2 -- MB-D9D3CD4BDCE25A59 - Taken by Mugatu. 1 entrants total.
Commander: Conquest of the Americas Gold -- MB-0C3F782137D7BB40
Real Warfare 2: Northern Crusades -- MB-9ADAEF1870D429FB - Taken by nightstorm. 1 entrants total.
Death to Spies: Gold -- MB-F0BD10210CA70536 - Taken by Cosmic Schwung. 7 entrants total.
Earth 2140 -- MB-E1BC73BCE7781DB6 - Taken by Freezard. 7 entrants total.

t1387050996z1.png

random games

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sgt.Pepper, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken -- MB-234675E5B88BE527 - Taken by YianGaruga. 2 entrants total.
A Virus Named TOM -- MB-00B4F660E7AC50A4 - Taken by KenOD. 1 entrants total.

t1387041231z1.png

Some codes I had around.

Lain

About The Bureau: XCOM Declassified, are the DLC Hangar 6 R&D and Light Plasma Pistol worth the (75% off) asking price? Or can they be ignored.

Tomodachi

I just crafted a badge and got a christmas sale card, did you guys already know about this?

EDIT:

Yep. We even watched someone try to corner the market on foils for 12$ a few days ago and dig himself into a deep hole.

Figured as much, I don't have a lot of time for checking the thread like I used to, sorry. Carry on everyone ;)

Dambrosi

Banned
There is, but they didn't finish the game, no ending.
Yeah, there was quite the furore about that, let me tell you.

Tomodachi, you mean the snowglobe? I have no idea what they're for, either. Probably some Winter Sale metagame or something. Someone wants to trade his #1 for my #5, but I'm not entirely sure i should do it.

Turfster

I think it was already posted here right?

Yeah, but I'd done the christmas deals too, so if we're recapping for the "day" crowd, might as well recap all deals since it's probably a good bet that most people don't read all the pages between the last thing they read and the latest post.
At least, that would explain all the repeated questions about when the sale starts/played time errors etc ;)

I just crafted a badge and got a christmas sale card, did you guys already know about this?
Yep. We even watched someone try to corner the market on foils for 12$ a few days ago and dig himself into a deep hole.

Tomodachi, you mean the snowglobe? I have no idea what they're for, either. Probably some Winter Sale ARG or something. Someone wants to trade his #1 for my #5, but I'm not entirely sure i should do it.

If it's like the summer sale cards, you probably craft a badge with a full "set", which is probably what the numbers are for. Last time, we didn't have numbers, only different steamdb indexes, which didn't match up with different cards in the end.

Yeah, but I'd done the christmas deals too, so if we're recapping for the "day" crowd, might as well recap all deals since it's probably a good bet that most people don't read all the pages between the last thing they read and the latest post.
At least, that would explain all the repeated questions about when the sale starts/played time errors etc ;)

Oh my bad, didn't know you alredy posted it anyway:

Nuuvem 2 for the price of 1 steam games:
  • Civ V
  • Mount and Blade: Collection
  • Puddle
  • Teleglitch
  • Castle of Illusion

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
One experience game I enjoyed but I seriously never see mentioned is The Path. It's not the best, but it is one I can say I enjoyed a fair bit.

But this is coming from someone who thinks Silent Hill: Shattered Memories should be considered an experience game and that it's the best one (followed by Gone Home).

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Rayman Origins is really good. I can't believe it's taken me this long to play it.

Is Legends even better?

I can't say Legends is a better game. While it has a fair more amount of variety, the music stages are wonderful (woah Black Betty), and the challenge mode made it worth coming back to often enough, it lacks some of the detailed and well designed stages outside of said music stages. Still a lot of fun and any platformer fan can find plenty to enjoy, but really outside of WiiU I would argue, it's more of Origins without being as fresh.

So you should of course get it, just don't expect it to be everything a sequel should be other than "more of what I found fun", give or take your feelings on the shoot-em-up ections of Origins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom