• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I went ahead and bought the Bioshock three-pack. Hell of a bargain. I already own the first two, though. Anyone want em who has yet to play through?
I'd take 2 but I've already played it, sure someone more deserving out there will take it off your hands!

FloatOn

new release:

header_292x136.jpg

Carnage Racing

a game with a store page as bland as it's title. it can be yours for one easy payment of $8.99!!!

omgkitty

If I buy a game through Amazon with a Steam code, and it says Windows only on it, will I still be able to play it on my Mac as long as it's a Mac compatible game on Steam?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
If I buy a game through Amazon with a Steam code, and it says Windows only on it, will I still be able to play it on my Mac as long as it's a Mac compatible game on Steam?

Yes unless it's Call of Duty. If it's "Steamplay" on Steam, and you're getting a Steam code from Amazon, you're good to go.

Grief.exe

If the title is Steamplay, than yes.

You can actually do the opposite as well, but a Mac game, redeem on Steam, play the Win/Linux versions as well.

Yes unless it's Call of Duty. If it's "Steamplay" on Steam, and you're getting a Steam code from Amazon, you're good to go.

Like Jshackles said, be very sure the title is Steamplay. Some publishers like to keep them separate because they are greedy.

wazoo

I have it on GOG; but I don't remember it ever being this narrow. But then again it was long time since I played it, so maybe I remember it wrong. Just looks weird to me.

gog version is not dotemu. It is english only also and based on the dos version (gog use dosbox).

If you want original dos version : gog.com, original windows version : dotemu.com, remake on steam.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
ESO finished downloading overnight. I live on the top floor of my apartment building, and download speeds are really bad from about 5:00 PM to 2:00 AM. After that, people go to bed and I can creep up to about 2 mb/s down.

omgkitty

Okay so if it has the Steamplay icon in Steam itself right? On Amazon, they all just say DRM: Steam. I'm mostly just looking at the stuff they just put up leading to Black Friday like Bioshock Infinite, Borderlands and Civ V.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I like Pinball Arcade a little more than Pinball FX2 (even though I think the game part of the game is better in Pinball FX2).

Pinball Arcade seems kinda amateur-ish. I get a vpinmame vibe from it.

Pinball FX2, on the other hand, has shitty tables.

Anyway, I bought the BTA and I hope to be able to buy all the other tables for both games for cheap in the future.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Keys for Beast Boxing Turbo (Indie Royale - The Debut 2 Bundle) are now available through Desura.

Looks like a nice Punch-Out like game :)

Acccent

I still haven't found who taargus and allalright are!

Also if you added me and your steam name isn't the same as your gaf name please tell me! (looking at you Tenrius! At first I thought you were, well, Keldor)

Kapow

I bought Skyrim from the Ubisoft site and when i activated it on steam it says its the UK version even though im in Canada. Does it matter? Should i ask for a NA copy?

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
How do you even get a key out of the POS that is the Desura Client? I can't find it anywhere.

How do you access the key through the client?

I always scroll all the way down and click on sitemap in the lower left.
Look under "Shopping" on the sitemap page, there is a link to the keys page...

I bet there is a more direct way to the keys but i never bothered looking for the option in the client :p

Baha

I always scroll all the way down and click on sitemap in the lover left.

I bet there is a more direct way to the keys but i never bothered looking for the option in the client :p

Thanks, worked for me!

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I always scroll all the way down and click on sitemap in the lover left.

That's fucking weird. Going that way only takes you to the http://desura.com/collection page. However, on the browser, it gives me that thing I pasted to you.

On the client itself, it does give me a key. What the hell?

Grief.exe

On cold days like this, I like to grab some hot tea and pull my dog's old chair up to the computer.
We can browse SteamGAF and he gets some pets in.

Stay warm out there fellow gaffers!

ibaCpDEfiTamyo.png

Dunno if it was posted, but it looks like Steamworld Dig is coming to PC on December 5th.

That is awesome! Have the game on 3DS, about to start it after I finish SMTIV.

nexen

I'm not sure I like Steam encroaching on GOG territory with all these old games. I liked DRM free and, more importantly, I keep having to make hard decisions about which service to buy a game on.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
One of my favourite games on Steam, hopefully it's enjoyed by someone else.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Tiny and Big Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-AD2774E14CC7F29B - Taken by Purkake4. 11 entrants total.

t1385078719z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom