• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

Bought SteamWorld Dig on 3DS recently, havent played much of it yet. Announced for Steam in a couple weeks. Kinda prefer to play it there.

My streams are crossing :(

Divius

On cold days like this, I like to grab some hot tea and pull my dog's old chair up to the computer.
We can browse SteamGAF and he gets some pets in.

Stay warm out there fellow gaffers!

ibaCpDEfiTamyo.png
I want to PET HIM! What's his name?

Grief.exe

Bought SteamWorld Dig on 3DS recently, havent played much of it yet. Announced for Steam in a couple weeks. Kinda prefer to play it there.

My streams are crossing :(

I already have it on 3DS too, but I think I will just wait to play it on PC. 1080p, 60FPS, achievements, and trading cards. Too much value.

I want to PET HIM! What's his name?

Reggie

He is very soft and loves all people.

Dr Dogg

Evening SteamGAF peeps. Is the Rage Scorchers dlc worth it? I still haven't got round to finishing off the main game due to the early issue it had but been tempted to reinstall it for a while now.

But it's like 38 degrees (99 degrees for you infidels) where I live... :(

It's about 8 degrees here and even with the fire raging it's stupidly cold. Price you pay for a living out in the country, great view and lots of fresh air but shitty broadband and next to no insulation.

Dolor

I very much understand and respect this. I've seen similar sentiments expressed numerous times on other boards and wrestled with them myself before finally deciding to buy Distant Worlds anyway. It's a shame, because you'd probably both enjoy it - especially you jaundicejuice: I remember the detailed series of posts you made a while back when you were playing Civ 5 - but sometimes companies are their own worst enemies.

I do want to make it clear however: it is the publisher that has the problem with Steam (and heavy discounting in general), not the developer.

As for Pandora, I haven't played it myself yet, but I've been hearing positive things from a number of people who have.

Well, I said it a bit tongue-in-cheek earlier, but I actually do wish them success. I am just very unlikely to buy it, and I am definitely in the target audience for that kind of game.

Momentary

Banned
Man... $6 for all of those tables....

Done.

Maybe Pinball Arcade might have a sale one day, but aren't their transactions handles through some storefront in the actual game?

Anybody getting Ashes Cricket (besides JaseC but that doesn't help)? Ok it was timed for the original ashes and delayed twice because it was too shit to release. But... yeah I don't know where I'm going with that.

Bring back AB's cricket and ET's rugby league.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Arma 2 goes on sale but get the highend graphics for DayZ I'm missing about $.80-$1

WHY.jpg :(

Grief.exe

Handsome fella there! I have this mutt that looks like an oversized Jack Russell Terrier. Winter gaming often involves a similar setup to your picture, or him curled up under a blanket with me while I use a controller.

He's a super active dog that needs a lot of exercise, but he knows when to dial it back. When its PC gaming time he curls up and chills out.

Dogs or girlfriends + winter + a hot beverage + gaming

perfect combination

Aw, I smilled. Really nice Grief. :) Thanks for sharing!

I channeled yourself when I was writing that Monk.

But it's like 38 degrees (99 degrees for you infidels) where I live... :(

Welcome to the northern hemisphere right now.

well dmn last week rule
otherwise hell yea i want it

Oooh. That would be cool.

We have these three options (or no optoin at all) here:

NOWINNERSMONTHLY
This makes it so that people who have won within a month are not eligible.
NOWINNERSWEEKLY
This makes it so that people who have won within a week are not eligible.
NOWINNERSDAILY
This makes it so that people who have won within the last day are not eligible.
Would it not be awesome we could hybridize these for a raffle, so that it would take all entries, but at the end, it would first look for NOWINNERSMONTHLY winners among the pool of entrants, then go on down the list until it found someone.

Feature Request?

Eanan

On cold days like this, I like to grab some hot tea and pull my dog's old chair up to the computer.
We can browse SteamGAF and he gets some pets in.

Stay warm out there fellow gaffers!

On cold days like this, I like to grab the girlfriend and lounge about in bed listening to the XX and chatting.

Oh wait... I dont have a GF currently.

Or an indoor dog.

This Christmas will be a bit shit...

Dr Dogg

Anybody getting Ashes Cricket (besides JaseC but that doesn't help)? Ok it was timed for the original ashes and delayed twice because it was too shit to release. But... yeah I don't know where I'm going with that.

Bring back AB's cricket and ET's rugby league.

Don't know, my pc cricketing love died with Brian Lara 2005. Who's the dev of Ashes 2013?

Wished SI made a cricket sim in the vain of Michael Vaughan's Cricket Manager. I'd be all over that.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Would it not be awesome we could hybridize these for a raffle, so that it would take all entries, but at the end, it would first look for NOWINNERSMONTHLY winners among the pool of entrants, then go on down the list until it found someone.

Feature Request?

You mean to preferentially award games to the least recent winners in a raffle? I thought about implementing a slight bias against frequent winners in raffle draws but I haven't done anything yet. I look at the stats to see whether or not throttles are encouraging people to enter or if it's just snypas spam-bombing everything.

In general I don't want to make people scared to enter because winning something now will punish them when something better comes along later to enter. It's tough.

Caerith

Remember this guys for those who want to buy Batman: AO:

IT WILL BE SOLD FOR 19,99$ ON AMAZON.COM FROM 28-29 THIS MONTH!
I'm remembering that it will get a bunch of DLC which will then get pulled from the store when they release a GOTY edition with incompatible saves.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

The_Monk

I channeled yourself when I was writing that Monk.

It is... an honor!

On a side note, when playing a game with GFWL the most random bug happened to me again today. I couldn't Shift + Tab to chat and later on my PC would refuse to connect my Keyboard. I had to plug it out and then back in. Even after closing the game, it would keep the same, ugh.

I very much understand and respect this. I've seen similar sentiments expressed numerous times on other boards and wrestled with them myself before finally deciding to buy Distant Worlds anyway. It's a shame, because you'd probably both enjoy it - especially you jaundicejuice: I remember the detailed series of posts you made a while back when you were playing Civ 5 - but sometimes companies are their own worst enemies.

I do want to make it clear however: it is the publisher that has the problem with Steam (and heavy discounting in general), not the developer.

As for Pandora, I haven't played it myself yet, but I've been hearing positive things from a number of people who have.

Have you purchased games off of Slitherine before? I'm just curious as to how it works with them, like is it a one time download or do I have a persistent account with them and can download the game again at any time in the future.

The terms and conditions on their site are kind of vague, beyond stating there's no drm and no returns, that sales are final. Might be worth the extra 15$ just to have a physical copy, also it's been forever since I bought physical media and they give you a DD copy right away.

Here's my dog! On Topic: I am really Liking The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing! Though it did give me trouble starting up. Got it to work though so no worries there.

10985539174_9236ef4e9c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom