• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So I got into the Rekoil beta and activated my key with Steam just fine.

Now, I won a giveaway on Steamgifts for the full version. I can't register the key because it says I already own the game. SteamDB says that the full version and beta are the same app.

So... not sure what to do in this situation. I'm not sure how long the beta lasts...

SparkTR

So I've been out of PC gaming for about 8 years now.

Just ordered the parts for a new build and I plan to go balls to the wall this weekend.

What are the essential games that I need to buy on Steam? Let's assume money isn't an issue.

My preferred genres are RTS, TBS, RPG, and TPS but I'm open to trying anything really.

The only essential games that every Steam user should own are Half Life and Portal. Outside of that explore the library and see what interests you. Check out Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines, Divinity series, Eador, Torchlight 2, Sins of a Solar Empire, AoE2HD, The Swapper, Shadowrun Returns. There's thousands.

Tellaerin

I know this is not steam related, but since this is the best PC thread on this corner of the Internet, let me rejoice about the games i've purchased recently on an antiques fair:

Marathon 2
Witchaven
Rise of the Triad

Nostalgia to the max, I never imagined I would find those games over here in Portugal, on a street fair nonetheless. 1€ for each too!

Wow, nice! Always wondered about the Marathon games. Mac users made them sound like the best thing since sliced bread, and from what I've read, there's some neat lore and universe-building in them.

mannerbot

So I got into the Rekoil beta and activated my key with Steam just fine.

Now, I won a giveaway on Steamgifts for the full version. I can't register the key because it says I already own the game. SteamDB says that the full version and beta are the same app.

So... not sure what to do in this situation. I'm not sure how long the beta lasts...

If the beta and full game are the same app, doesn't that just mean that you've already got the full game? Worked that way for A Virus Named Tom, at least.

The_Monk

And who's that?

;-)

A twin brother!

I had this thread bookmarked for later use for myself, should be helpful.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=426315

Thanks for the link. I'm going to avoid all things that add quest or Story elements but will get the rest to make the game better looking, will take a look to learn how to do it.

You'll be fine, it's natively moddable so you can just tick and untick things you want to load.

Thank you very much. :)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Is this about what I said about asscreed or dead rising? what constitutes playing seriously?

if playing seriously means playing every game in a series or playing a game to completion, then I suppose I don't because I don't really have time for that. Does that invalidate my view? I wouldn't think so.
No I meant I don't take an opinion of a series seriously when someone has played 1 entry of 9 and has contented themselves to shit on the rest without having touched them. If that constitutes being a COD defender to you then that's nice.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
If the beta and full game are the same app, doesn't that just mean that you've already got the full game? Worked that way for A Virus Named Tom, at least.

Technically speaking, I have a "sub" that supplies access to the full app. Once the beta is over they'll remove the sub from everyone's account. Some betas don't but they've specifically said they will with this one.

The only essential games that every Steam user should own are Half Life and Portal. Outside of that explore the library and see what interests you. Check out Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines, Divinity series, Eador, Torchlight 2, Sins of a Solar Empire, AoE2HD, The Swapper, Shadowrun Returns. There's thousands.

Dota 2.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Unless I'm misremembering, I think the ITSP was confirmed to be moving to Steamworks in a tweet from the dev. But I have no idea how to search such things on twitter, so maybe I dreamt it.

There's this, but it's not exactly the same -- doesn't hurt to have an additional source, though.

Interesting...! Amazing price too, I'm amazed.
Yeah, but I feel a bit bummed for leaving there One Must Fall 2097 as well. I mean, the game is bad, but it is part of my childhood.

Not to rain on your parade, but you know that the game is free?
I know, I have the trilogy installed somewhere, but it's good to have them on my shelf :)

Wow, nice! Always wondered about the Marathon games. Mac users made them sound like the best thing since sliced bread, and from what I've read, there's some neat lore and universe-building in them.

Please follow the link from Knurek, the trilogy is free nowadawys :)

Deques

Technically speaking, I have a "sub" that supplies access to the full app. Once the beta is over they'll remove the sub from everyone's account. Some betas don't but they've specifically said they will with this one.

I'll be happy to take the key from you if the beta becomes full version ^^

Oh, wait, I shouldn't be begging for free stuff >-<

AsylumX

Then just wait until the beta is over and use the key for the full game. You just have to sit on the key and hope that the giver doesn't use it.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
I'm leaning towards Juri. I already have an avatar that I'm using on another forum.
Nth-ing Juri.

I don't apologize for guilty pleasures. I struggle to take blindly shitting on a series one has never played seriously.
...Do you actually feel guilty for liking COD? That seems unlike you and I'd be pretty surprised if it was true.
If you don't, might as well not even call it a guilty pleasure.

jshackles

I'll be happy to take the key from you if the beta becomes full version ^^

Oh, wait, I shouldn't be begging for free stuff >-<

You can sign up for the beta yourself still. :) On the off chance that they let you keep it after it's over.

Then just wait until the beta is over and use the key for the full game. You just have to sit on the key and hope that the giver doesn't use it.

Probably what I'll end up doing. Thanks!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
...Do you actually feel guilty for liking COD? That seems unlike you and I'd be pretty surprised if it was true.
If you don't, might as well not even call it a guilty pleasure.
Guilty pleasure isn't necessarily a literal phrase. Do I feel the actual emotion of guilt for stuffing my face with chocolate every so often? No. Would I refer to it as a guilty pleasure? Yes.

Cth

&#9834;&#9835; If you're blue and you don't know
where to go to why don't you go
where fashion sits.. &#9834;&#9835;

poutine-quebec_38038_600x450.jpg

mq2zCNC.jpg

Poutine on a Ritz..

VaeVictis

Will there be a second Steam Sale thread once that starts or will we continue posting all the deals here? Better keep them separate so we can continue posting key give aways here and new deals in a new thread, IMHO.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Will there be a second Steam Sale thread once that starts or will we continue posting all the deals here? Better keep them seperate so we can continue posting key give aways here and new deals in a new thread, IMHO.

What usually happens is that this thread gets closed while the sales thread is active. Giveaways will move over to that thread for the duration of the sale.

Deques

Will there be a second Steam Sale thread once that starts or will we continue posting all the deals here? Better keep them separate so we can continue posting key give aways here and new deals in a new thread, IMHO.

When the sale is happening, this steam thread will be temporary locked and a new Sale thread will be started.

When the sale is over, the sale thread will be locked and this steam thread opened again

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

They always have separate threads. Hell the sale threads move so fast there are often 3 or 4 of em just for the sale alone.

FloatOn

hey has anyone played Don't Starve recently? I just read that controller support was added.

I was thinking about getting back into it and was wondering if using the pad was more intuitive.

Hasney

I had a KFC and not a salami sandwich. Really should call those box meals Phoenix Downs for the effect they have on a hangover!

Li Kao

Hey SteamGaf ! So I take a one week leave and you're all 'let's make a new thread already'. Tss...
So has there been news these last few days ? I must confess that real life was quite bitchy here and I couldn't really follow the news.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Are ya'll in Newfoundland or something? That's the only timezone where it's appropriate to be eating lunch right now.

sheaaaa

Eryl's action is on steam.

we should get a key from groupees.

Nyu Media replied on Twitter saying that they're sorting out keys with Groupees, so I'll be watching out for that. Not that I'll actually be playing the game any time soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom