• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

MK 9 is £8 off one of those fancy grey market sites. I can remember liking but not loving it, but at that price it's damn tempting.

Injustice @ £13... Hmmmm

I paid 20€ for MK9 because I was hyped but barely played it : ( It's a great game though.

Deques

Just got my steam key for Gimbal. Now only waiting a response from Wadjet regarding The Shivah

MK 9 is £8 off one of those fancy grey market sites. I can remember liking but not loving it, but at that price it's damn tempting.

Injustice @ £13... Hmmmm

Where do you find Injustice for £13?

Salsa

played a couple hours of Rayman legends with a friend yesterday for the first time even tho I bought it at release

it works now instead of just crashing into uplay so that's good

game is great, altho the 'this is clearly for the wiiu gamepad' kinks are annoying

Turfster

The price to beat has jumped from 4 something dollars to nearly 8 dollars. You are basically getting the same value for your money during this happy hour, than you did before without the happy hour bonus. I was hoping to get a very cheap Steam copy of Dirt 2 at some point to replace my non-Steam copy but the wait continues.

Huh. Hadn't noticed that.
That's kinda scummy.

JakeD

You just leave her on the side of the road. She never dies on either choice. thus why I think she'll be popping up in season 2

Have you played 400 days? If so, play the first 5 Minutes of Russell again and "hide" when the truck approaches EDIT: nevermind, i'm wrong

Arthea

It's amazing the kinda salty messages you'll get. Though the online monsters on the PC side have always been reputably the worst of the bunch.

Well, it is pretty bad for a new players. It's like entering the sparring room and getting to spar with Bruce Lee right away, not pretty. What do you expect? (><)

man the Wheels of Fury DLC for Sleeping Dogs is hilariously awesome.

On that note, I forgot how 'arcady' Sleeping Dogs feels. Its still fantastic, but some of the animations are comically quick.

FloatOn

man the Wheels of Fury DLC for Sleeping Dogs is hilariously awesome.

On that note, I forgot how 'arcady' Sleeping Dogs feels. Its still fantastic, but some of the animations are comically quick.

If Sleeping Dogs had the budget that GTA5 did it would have been the better game. The core mechanics of Sleeping Dogs are so much more satisfying.

Well, it is pretty bad for a new players. It's like entering the sparring room and getting to spar with Bruce Lee right away, not pretty. What do you expect? (><)
It's pretty tough jumping in to a game that's had a couple years to develop its playerbase into a whittled down group of the dedicated, it's like hopping into Punch-Out!! for the first time and using the Tyson code only to get taught a lesson. Gotta get in on the ground floor when most people are Glass Joe's!

This is why when people say "I'll just wait for the Super Alpha Turbo Ultra Lame Repetitive Joke version!" I just know they're setting themselves up for a bad time, when they finally do settle on a version they'll hop on once and get butchered.

sibarraz

Banned
Ahhh, talking about fighting games with a keyboard takes be back to all the messages I got on Street Fighter 4 calling me a cheater for using an arcade stick instead of a keyboard "like the game was designed for".

Good times.

HA!

By the way, where could I find injustice and MK at cheap prices? or are those from a shady store?

sibarraz

Banned
Btw, FIFA Manager dev team announced that 14 will be their last game since EA Sports isn't interested in doing major investments for the franchise

Another victim of Football Manager

Hasney

cheater!
so, you are one of those guys that make any online of any fighting game unbearable? (><)
Not sure why I never bought arcade stick, probably not enough motivation.

Probably. I had the number 1 Ibuki in the world for the first month AE was out, before I got bored and played something else.

GetGamesGo is doing 70% off Lords of Football.

Sweet. Was checking that the Super Training DLC wasn't a boost DLC pack, but it doesn't sound like it. Here's the, uh, "funny" description.

Super Training, all new content for Lords of Football is Now Available on Steam!

Now you can train your players harder than before with 16 new super training exercises including Medieval themed training equipment!
New Exercises - Train your players with 16 new super training exercises.
Train Harder - Super Trainings have a higher level of intensity than those in the original Lords of Football.
Medieval – Train your players with medieval themed training equipment.
Funny - All with a sense of humour.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I successfully received a Steam key for The Shivah by e-mailing the developer (admin@wadjeteyegames.com) with a screenshot of the game in my account on Groupees, with my name and e-mail showing in the top right corner. I'm sure this, or a similar method if you purchased it elsewhere, will work for others.

Edit: Wadjet Eye Groupees Bundle.
Does this work, even if it's not the same version? Guess I'll try it tonight then, I've got nothing to lose.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Does this work, even if it's not the same version? Guess I'll try it tonight then, I've got nothing to lose.

In case my post wasn't clear enough, yes it works. And the devs stated on the hub to do so if you want a Steam key.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Amir0x getting banned now is like when the government finally snatches a mobster up on tax fraud charges,

It's not what they should have been caught for, but it's good enough.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Amir0x getting banned now is like when the government finally snatches a mobster up on tax fraud charges,

This is the third (or perhaps second) time he's been banned since his demotion.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks to Grampa Simpson, I've had the privilege to play some Bioshock. Played a small bit of it a looong time ago and was quite disappointed, but the last couple of months I became really curious to how I would experience it now.

And, well, my experience is better then before, but that isn't saying much.

Don't get me wrong, the game oozes quality. But it's just...
...ugh. Where to begin. The game has a very unique world, strong atmosphere and intriguing story. You experience most of it through fun exploration and finding hidden audiologs, whom become even better through the game's wonderful voice-acting. Exploring Rapture, surviving, discovering it's destroyed beauty's (and horror's), disturbing back story and finding out where it all went to hell is really well done.
But then there where guns.
So many guns.
For a city primarily build for rich people, scientists and artists there sure are a whole lot of gun vendors. But that's not even what really bothers me.
Now, I have to say, I rarely like shooting in games, but Bioshock's gunplay is just awful. It barely has any punch or impact, and there is way too much of it. I feel like this game would have been so much better as an RPG with a Deus Ex approach. All of that violence and shooty-bang-bang makes it really hard to continue playing for me. Such a shame, because it's a really well made game. I can see that.

And those Little Sisters...
A videogame where you explore a destroyed city and must defend yourself against zombie like, brainless, genetics altering junkies. Eh, I can deal with that. But when children get involved I, well, can't deal with it. Thankfully there's a way to save them, but still. Disturbing.
This is exactly my opinion, sans the part with the children. I don't mind there being children in a game, nor being able to kill them. But the combat feels terrible in my opinion, the plasmids aren't satisfying to use and on Hard the enemies are bullet sponges which drain both your ammo and health bar, while you barely scratch them.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I chose to watch the Patriots game over playing more Ass Flags 4 or studying for my tests. I'm not sure if that's net progress or regression.

Totally worth it though.

Turfster

This is exactly my opinion, sans the part with the children. I don't mind there being children in a game, nor being able to kill them. But the combat feels terrible in my opinion, the plasmids aren't satisfying to use and on Hard the enemies are bullet sponges which drain both your ammo and health bar, while you barely scratch them.

Yeah, the fact that Bioshock is pure pewpewpew is a crying shame... a situation that got extended to Burial at Sea, sadly.
I was really hoping they'd have the balls to do a DLC that would focus on, you know, exploring the rich world and maybe doing some kind of noir-ish investigation story, but nope. You get 5 minutes of that and then it's suddenly back to pewpewpewpew.
Disappointing.

<3

This is the third (or perhaps second) time he's been banned since his demotion.

Really? Since he was de-modded I rarely see his posts. I would ask what the other bans were for but given his posting style I can probably guess.

Everybody is expendable. Especially EviLore.

You're a braver man than me Gunga Din!

He'll be back though. They can't perma Amir0x.

They can but they probably won't.

Yeah, the fact that Bioshock is pure pewpewpew is a crying shame... a situation that got extended to Burial at Sea, sadly.
I was really hoping they'd have the balls to do a DLC that would focus on, you know, exploring the rich world and maybe doing some kind of noir-ish investigation story, but nope. You get 5 minutes of that and then it's suddenly back to pewpewpewpew.
Disappointing.

AAA gaem!

ArjanN

Oh! this reminds me. I tried playing Skullgirls with a keyboard, you can believe me or not, but it's much better than with controller, more responsive too. Only... I don't get one thing, the tutorial insist that strength of special attacks depends on how strongly you push keys. I said what? Still can't understand what it means. Even while playing with controller if I push lightly, attacks just don't work.
This game is quite infuriating, I don't remember being that bad at any other fighting game. (><)

Sorry for quoting you, it's not really relevant to your post :)

I play with keyboard, it works better than any of the standard controllers IMO.

What the tutorial means is that if you do a special move like, say, throwing a fireball, you'd do a quarter circle forward and then punch. The thing is you have three different punch buttons (light, medium and heavy punch), so if you do:

down, down-forward, forward, medium punch

you get a more powerful fireball than if you did:

down, down-forward, forward, light punch

So whatever button you press at the end can change the properties of the special move. What button you pick depends on the situation. Sometimes you want the light version because it's faster or it changes the angle, etc.

How hard you press the buttons makes no difference, as the input is all digital. Some characters (like Painwheel) do have attacks that require you to hold down a button for a bit.

Skullgirls is kinda hard to get into as most people who are playing it have been playing for a while and are quite good. It does have a good tutorial. It usually helps if you have someone at a similar skill level to play with.

Nirolak isn't, if he leaves I don't know what could happen, dude is a machine.

You mean Stump right? ;)
I like all the mods here, at least the ones actives in the game side since i dont usually frequent off-topic.

OT: I played thomas was alone for a bit and I'm enjoying it. The rectangles are so charming and the narrator is able to pass the personality trait of each one of the characters.

Unless you plan on playing multiplayer, buy the gog version and mod it.

Nah, I'm not too interested in the EE hate. Played the first Baldur's Gate EE and it worked great and had a big support and mod community behind it. That community is just going to keep growing as the Steam EE edition destroys GoG in sales.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I don't feel like reading the last two pages of the Steam Thread backlog from since before I went to bed, so let's try something new.

Let's NOT do it this time around!

oh god i'm probably missing so much stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom