• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

I hope they say that soon, along with The Wolf Among Us Ep 2 release date.

Main reason im holding out on buying both games.
I want to play them all in one go not have to wait a month or more for the next episode.
I really feel episodic releases are only good if the time between releases are short and known. If it's confirmed 1 episode a month or something that would be different,

Slyjss

Main reason im holding out on buying both games.
I want to play them all in one go not have to wait a month or more for the next episode.
I really feel episodic releases are only good if the time between releases are short and known. If it's confirmed 1 episode a month or something that would be different,

I played The Walking Dead after the game was complete and it makes the cliffhangers a bit less interesting -you can see immediately what happens next, but I agree that they should be released within short time to maintain interest. It's been more than a month since the first episode of Wolf Among Us.

Arthea

Not seeing Cat Lady in my library (yes, I restarted Steam).

You activated it but can't see it?
If yes, it happens to me a lot lately. What I noticed, I don't have to restart steam, just to wait about 10 minutes, it appears in my library at some point without restarting.

Kifimbo

You activated it but can't see it?
If yes, it happens to me a lot lately. What I noticed, I don't have to restart steam, just to wait about 10 minutes, it appears in my library at some point without restarting.

Problem is I registered it yesterday. Still not there.

EDIT: Oh, thanks JaseC and xelios. Any idea when it will be live ?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Not seeing Cat Lady in my library (yes, I restarted Steam).

I think it's still flagged as hidden/private as my account history says the key activated "The Cat Lady - Steam Store and Retail Key", however searching the registry for the game yields absolutely nothing.

EDIT: Oh, thanks JaseC and xelios. Any idea when it will be live ?

At some point between now and December 4th. ;)

Jawmuncher

I played The Walking Dead after the game was complete and it makes the cliffhangers a bit less interesting -you can see immediately what happens next, but I agree that they should be released within short time to maintain interest. It's been more than a month since the first episode of Wolf Among Us.

That is true. Would be nice if we could just skip that cutscene.
Kinda annoys me that even on the WD vita version the "Next Time" video can't be skipped.

-----------------------------

Cat Lady I believe isn't actually available on steam yet, thus why it's not appearing.
That was the talk earlier anyway.

Anteater

Finished The Walking Dead ep3, spoilers~

Me and 20% players
did not shoot Duck, that's surprising, I let the parents do it, I didn't really have much input on the whole thing and just watched it happen.

Feels like not much has happened in ep3 but
the group lost most of the people, I also left Lilly to die because she killed my waifu.

Edit:
I also shot the random girl that were surrounded by zombies (me and 40%)

Jawmuncher

Finished The Walking Dead ep3, spoilers~

Me and 20% players
did not to shoot Duck, that's surprising, I let the parents do it, I didn't really have much input on the whole thing and just watched it happen.

Feels like not much has happened in ep3 but
the group lost most of the people, I also left Lilly to die because she killed my waifu.

Just beat that episode today.
I did the reverse on your second choice though.
Will wrap up eps 4 and 5 this week. I'm playing on vita.

--------------------------------------
Just waiting for my family to download the rest of my games off steam. Sucks I can't be on steam while they download.

Just beat that episode today.
I did the reverse on your second choice though.
Will wrap up eps 4 and 5 this week. I'm playing on vita.

--------------------------------------
Just waiting for my family to download the rest of my games off steam. Sucks I can't be on steam while they download.

Why don't you just copy the steamapps folder from your PC?

Copons

Are you talking about Family Sharing?
So, you can't even be logged on Steam while other people download your games? I thought the limitations start only when you want to play at the same time.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
According to a friend, this is text from STS:

Now it's easy to see what other Steam users think about a product before you buy. With Steam Reviews, you can browse for reviews that others have found helpful, or write your own reviews for titles you've played on Steam

Any Steam Recommendations that you have written in the past have been automatically converted to Steam Reviews. you can now edit what you wrote or you can mark them as 'Public' to allow them to appear on the store page

A. These reviews will be offered as additional data. Both Metacritic scores and Steam Reviews will be visible on store pages for both games and software.

Very much looking forward to being able to go back and edit some of my older reviews, when I either didn't take them as seriously or the brutal character limit was in place.

Jawmuncher

Are you talking about Family Sharing?
So, you can't even be logged on Steam while other people download your games? I thought the limitations start only when you want to play at the same time.

No I'm talking just Steam period. You can't be on steam on more than one computer at a time. Not sure how Familt Sharing works yet.

Jawmuncher

What happens
when you leave Lilly
?
If she stays with the group, she steals the RV and last thing you can do is take the train.

You just leave her on the side of the road. She never dies on either choice. thus why I think she'll be popping up in season 2

Slyjss

What happens
when you leave Lilly
?
If she stays with the group, she steals the RV and last thing you can do is take the train.

You last see a zombie approaching her. Then the radiator of the RV dies and you have to take the train.

FloatOn

Thanks to Grampa Simpson, I've had the privilege to play some Bioshock. Played a small bit of it a looong time ago and was quite disappointed, but the last couple of months I became really curious to how I would experience it now.

And, well, my experience is better then before, but that isn't saying much.

Don't get me wrong, the game oozes quality. But it's just...
...ugh. Where to begin. The game has a very unique world, strong atmosphere and intriguing story. You experience most of it through fun exploration and finding hidden audiologs, whom become even better through the game's wonderful voice-acting. Exploring Rapture, surviving, discovering it's destroyed beauty's (and horror's), disturbing back story and finding out where it all went to hell is really well done.
But then there where guns.
So many guns.
For a city primarily build for rich people, scientists and artists there sure are a whole lot of gun vendors. But that's not even what really bothers me.
Now, I have to say, I rarely like shooting in games, but Bioshock's gunplay is just awful. It barely has any punch or impact, and there is way too much of it. I feel like this game would have been so much better as an RPG with a Deus Ex approach. All of that violence and shooty-bang-bang makes it really hard to continue playing for me. Such a shame, because it's a really well made game. I can see that.

And those Little Sisters...
A videogame where you explore a destroyed city and must defend yourself against zombie like, brainless, genetics altering junkies. Eh, I can deal with that. But when children get involved I, well, can't deal with it. Thankfully there's a way to save them, but still. Disturbing.

Yeah, I can relate to this but I'm in total agreement with Seanspeed here. Using ice + wrench is a really satisfying combo. The Bioshock series is absolutely worth experiencing for the story alone.

The combat peaks in part 2 but overall I would say that Infinite has the most compelling story out of the three.

Press on friend.

Arthea

I wonder what are my chances of liking Wolf Among Us, if I didn't like most Telltale games I tried, tWD and BttF for example.

FloatOn

I played some MK9 last night. This game makes me want Injustice really bad. It's a shame that at best it will only be 50% off this week :(

Arthea

I played some MK9 last night. This game makes me want Injustice really bad. It's a shame that at best it will only be 50% off this week :(

Oh! this reminds me. I tried playing Skullgirls with a keyboard, you can believe me or not, but it's much better than with controller, more responsive too. Only... I don't get one thing, the tutorial insist that strength of special attacks depends on how strongly you push keys. I said what? Still can't understand what it means. Even while playing with controller if I push lightly, attacks just don't work.
This game is quite infuriating, I don't remember being that bad at any other fighting game. (><)

Sorry for quoting you, it's not really relevant to your post :)

Freezard

Yeah, I can relate to this but I'm in total agreement with Seanspeed here. Using ice + wrench is a really satisfying combo. The Bioshock series is absolutely worth experiencing for the story alone.

The combat peaks in part 2 but overall I would say that Infinite has the most compelling story out of the three.

Press on friend.

The ice + wrench combo is pretty much the only thing I used the whole game once I got it. Also is it really that weird that there are loads of weapons when you're right in the aftermath of WWII?

fantomena

How is the Steam/PC-version of Jade Empire? I tried the demo, the controls were kind of awful.

Also, even though my PS4 arrives this friday Im more excited for Steams autumn sale for some reason.

FloatOn

Oh! this reminds me. I tried playing Skullgirls with a keyboard, you can believe me or not, but it's much better than with controller, more responsive too. Only... I don't get one thing, the tutorial insist that strength of special attacks depends on how strongly you push keys. I said what? Still can't understand what it means. Even while playing with controller if I push lightly, attacks just don't work.
This game is quite infuriating, I don't remember being that bad at any other fighting game. (><)

Sorry for quoting you, it's not really relevant to your post :)

I would suggest taking a look at this if you liked using the keyboard. It's a pretty crazy idea but not impossible

http://shoryuken.com/2012/04/11/fighting-game-pc-keyboard-input-tips-by-error1/

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I wonder what are my chances of liking Wolf Among Us, if I didn't like most Telltale games I tried, tWD and BttF for example.

If the issue with those games was the setting or the art style then there's a chance you might like TWAU, but if it's the mechanics of how they play then it doesn't matter how much they're improved (which I feel this is) you probably wouldn't enjoy this one. Threre's no PC demo unfortunately as far as I can tell, but if you have a console I believe you could try it on there.

Coldsun

Banned
How is the Steam/PC-version of Jade Empire? I tried the demo, the controls were kind of awful.

The controls are awful if you use a controller (XB360 for example). If you do keyboard/mouse it still isn't great but it's better. I ended up stopping (2-3 days ago in fact) relatively early on though because the controls just didn't do it for me.

I put about 100 hours into my GOG copy of FTL, months later I finally installed my Steam version and put in around 40 more hours. When the free update is released I will probably put in another 50-100. Try checking it out again in a few months, I was surprised to find that it was a such an enjoyable experience the second time around.

I have always liked you cicero :).

I have put 160 hours into FTL and only started playing again recently as I was sick and needed something to play that I wouldn't have to 'learn'. 80 hours later...:D.

It's a game that just keeps on giving for me. I would like to 'finish' it before the update i.e. get the last two ships and last two achievements I require but the Crystal and Slug ships are proving to be annoyingly elusive!

Maybe we should ask why wasn't Amir0x banned.

You just gave me a good chuckle in real life, thanks :D.

I have no info. regarding Amri0x history on gaf, I don't even understand all these "Amri0x is gay".

Just Google "Amir0x". Notorious internet personality. His "hey guys so I might be going to prison for beating up my mother" thread is particularly entertaining.

Hasney

MK 9 is £8 off one of those fancy grey market sites. I can remember liking but not loving it, but at that price it's damn tempting.

Injustice @ £13... Hmmmm

erila

Neo Member

The Wolf Among Us is basically a slightly improved version of TWD, so if you didn't like the mechanics in that game there's not much chance of you enjoying The Wolf Among Us.

If you just didn't care for the story in TWD, you might like The Wolf Among Us - the first episode was pretty interesting IMO.

Arthea

I would suggest taking a look at this if you liked using the keyboard. It's a pretty crazy idea but not impossible

http://shoryuken.com/2012/04/11/fighting-game-pc-keyboard-input-tips-by-error1/
That was interesting, thanks. :)
It seems to me, Skullgirls is not that responsive, then again, I'm not sure is it me or a game. I can't fathom what I'm doing wrong. Am I too slow or too fast, even that isn't clear!

If the issue with those games was the setting or the art style then there's a chance you might like TWAU, but if it's the mechanics of how they play then it doesn't matter how much they're improved (which I feel this is) you probably wouldn't enjoy this one. Threre's no PC demo unfortunately as far as I can tell, but if you have a console I believe you could try it on there.

It's probably combination of both. For example I like BttF setting, I liked all movies too, a game just seemed bad to me, controls were not responsive enough, puzzles boring and a game looked horrible to my eyes.
With tWD: don't like setting, not fan of tWD series to put it mildly, don't like gameplay, don't like controls.

Hasney

Ahhh, talking about fighting games with a keyboard takes be back to all the messages I got on Street Fighter 4 calling me a cheater for using an arcade stick instead of a keyboard "like the game was designed for".

Good times.

Arthea

The Wolf Among Us is basically a slightly improved version of TWD, so if you didn't like the mechanics in that game there's not much chance of you enjoying The Wolf Among Us.

If you just didn't care for the story in TWD, you might like The Wolf Among Us - the first episode was pretty interesting IMO.

You say improved version and story is more interesting? I'll check for demo on PS3 then. I was sure there is no demo, thanks for pointing it out to me.

Ahhh, talking about fighting games with a keyboard takes be back to all the messages I got on Street Fighter 4 calling me a cheater for using an arcade stick instead of a keyboard "like the game was designed for".

Good times.

cheater!
so, you are one of those guys that make any online of any fighting game unbearable? (><)
Not sure why I never bought arcade stick, probably not enough motivation.

Phinor

Indiegala happy hour is on.

The price to beat has jumped from 4 something dollars to nearly 8 dollars. You are basically getting the same value for your money during this happy hour, than you did before without the happy hour bonus. I was hoping to get a very cheap Steam copy of Dirt 2 at some point to replace my non-Steam copy but the wait continues.

Good times.
It's amazing the kinda salty messages you'll get. Though the online monsters on the PC side have always been reputably the worst of the bunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom