• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
OneEightZero said:
So tempted to get Arkham Asylum, but I already beat it on my 360.

Any incentive on getting the PC version over the 360 version?

You can get achievements again, and yeah it looks and runs better, even on a relatively shitty rig.

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
Diablohead said:
It looks like sex butter on a fast rig

LocoMrPollock said:
You can get achievements again, and yeah it looks and runs better, even on a relatively shitty rig.
Well, I do enjoy a good sex butter from time to time and I'm an achievement whore, so... yeah... *bought*

Firehead said:

Good.

Wondering if I should buy the complete pack. Just Cause 2, Thief, Hitman games, Tomb Raider Underworld.

Is it known what the other deals will be in the coming days, so I can see if I'll save money buying a few games or better of taking the complete pack?

Spwn

ClosingADoor said:
Is it known what the other deals will be in the coming days, so I can see if I'll save money buying a few games or better of taking the complete pack?

No, but you can just wait and see and buy the Complete pack on Sunday.

Baha

MisterAnderson said:
Bleh. I want AA on Steam SO BAD at that price. But fuck SecuROM :/ I'm torn.

Look at it this way, you're not paying $49.99 for the game + securom but $7.50 for the game and securom. It's cheap enough and worth playing that at this point securom won't be an issue as you'll likely only install it once and uninstall it once you're done and never run into activation limits at all.

Baha said:
Look at it this way, you're not paying $49.99 for the game + securom but $7.50 for the game and securom. It's cheap enough and worth playing that at this point securom won't be an issue as you'll likely only install it once and uninstall it once you're done and never run into activation limits at all.

True indeed. I forgot, does SecuROM have any intrusive DRM it installs on your system though? Or is it just the installation limits that make it shitty? Also, I remember playing the demo when it came out and was unable to force AA using ATI, has that been patched by ATI drivers since then? (I know it's unreal engine but I think I recall Nvidia being able to force AA on the game)

Baha

MisterAnderson said:
True indeed. I forgot, does SecuROM have any intrusive DRM it installs on your system though? Or is it just the installation limits that make it shitty? Also, I remember playing the demo when it came out and was unable to force AA using ATI, has that been patched by ATI drivers since then? (I know it's unreal engine but I think I recall Nvidia being able to force AA on the game)

According to http://steamdrm.flibitijibibo.com/hardware-based/ it's 4 activations per month. So unless you're planning on installing this on several computers within the course of one month, you'll be fine. No idea about forcing AA since I don't own an ATI card myself.

MisterAnderson said:

The GOTY edition added support for AA.

Oreoleo

crimsonheadGCN said:
Portal 2 now has two-pack up for pre-order. The cost is $79.98.

Oh, that kinda sucks. Curse my youthful enthusiasm for pre-ordering minutes after I was allowed the ability to do so!

Spwn said:
No, but you can just wait and see and buy the Complete pack on Sunday.

Ah, fuck it. Take my money Valve, you bastards. Bought.

All those games don't even fit on my hard drive at the moment, need to free up 100GB extra.

At least I have something to play the coming year at the oh so slow rate I'm going through games now.

Edit: For the people complaining about the lack of Last Remnant. It wasn't in the list in the store, but it shows up in my library after buying. European (Dutch) account here.

markot

Banned
Orellio said:
Oh, that kinda sucks. Curse my youthful enthusiasm for pre-ordering minutes after I was allowed the ability to do so!
Email em and tell em ya want to cancel and upgrade to ze 2 pack.

Zzoram

amrod said:
ugh why cant they have a upgrade option for Batman: Arkham Asylum from non-GOTY to GOTY?
Ya it sucks since a lot of base games get removed once the GOTY is out ao you own a game that isn't even in the store anymore.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
amrod said:
ugh why cant they have a upgrade option for Batman: Arkham Asylum from non-GOTY to GOTY?
GOTY only adds two mediocre combat maps that are available on GFWL. I bought them out of curiousity, played them once and never touched them again.

The other two maps are available free for non-GOTY copies through GFWL.

Fuck yes. I wanted to get Batman before but I ran out of dollars. I've been saving for Portal 2 so I just need a little more to buy both.

Quake1028

YRkZK.jpg

Happy. Now let's see what the rest of the week brings!

LocoMrPollock said:
3D support for NVIDIA cards as well.

Other than that, yeah, not much.

Nope. I played my non GOTY copy in 3D Vision and it was awesomeness. Perhaps GOTY is even more awesome, but I doubt it.

TouchMyBox said:
Nope. I played my non GOTY copy in 3D Vision and it was awesomeness. Perhaps GOTY is even more awesome, but I doubt it.

Oh, I guess they just added 3D to the GOTY console editions. Apparently, it was always in the PC version. My mistake.

I don't have a 3DTV and I don't like wearing the stupid glasses, so I never bothered with it.

AcciDante said:
Is SquareEnix determined to never put The Last Remnant on sale? Like anyone is buying that game for $40! Come on!

Maybe this week? Would make sense, since it's not in the complete pack for some reason.

I don't think it's been on sale since the holiday sale of 2009, could be wrong, though.

Not to be a spoilsport but I can't really see why anyone would pre-order a Steam game months in advance. Your card is charged now and it's not like there's any danger of it selling out.

Zzoram

Joe Molotov said:
I'm hoping tomorrow is Flora's Fruit Farm. I've got a lot of fruit farming I need to do.

Is this serious? I'm asking because sometimes games like that are secretly awesome.

Zzoram

faceless007 said:
Not to be a spoilsport but I can't really see why anyone would pre-order a Steam game months in advance. Your card is charged now and it's not like there's any danger of it selling out.

so they don't have to think about it anymore, and sometimes there are bonuses and discounts, but they usually go right until the day before release

Volcynika

faceless007 said:

Maybe some people want to take care of it already so they won't have to worry about it later. Or they have money now and are unsure if they'll have it at that time.

Slavik81

faceless007 said:
Why not? The interest you could be earning is no more than a few cents. Might as well just pay for it whenever it's most convenient, 2 months early or not.

amrod

faceless007 said:

10% off ?

I understand pre-ordering if there's an incentive or bonus, what I'm asking is why do it months in advance. It'll still be 10% off a week before.

I can see the answers given so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom