• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

confused

Banned
comrade said:
He sent the gift through Steam but I received the notification through my e-mail. If I go to manage guest passes in Steam it doesn't show the game.

Gifts and guest passes is for gifts you send, not receive.

If he sent it through Steam directly. ie. choosing you from his friends list the purchase should've been blocked. O'm guessing he sent it through email, otherwise this couldn't 've happened

comrade

confused said:
Gifts and guest passes is for gifts you send, not receive.

If he sent it through Steam directly. ie. choosing you from his friends list the purchase should've been blocked. O'm guessing he sent it through email, otherwise this couldn't 've happened
No he did send it through Steam. I was on the phone with him when he did. The reason I just bought it is because he said his bank was blocking it. We both went to sleep. This was at about 11PM 2/13. 2/14 I've got an email that I have a gift an hour after I bought the game myself. When I called him he was still sleeping and said he hadn't done anything since the night before.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
comrade said:
No he did send it through Steam. I was on the phone with him when he did. The reason I just bought it is because he said his bank was blocking it. We both went to sleep. This was at about 11PM 2/13. 2/14 I've got an email that I have a gift an hour after I bought the game myself. When I called him he was still sleeping and said he hadn't done anything since the night before.
He should open a ticket as he really never purchased a usable copy.

confused

Banned
comrade said:

I'd call bullshit, But I've had purchases take almost a week to show up in my library So I believe you. Steam fucks up sometimes. Open a support ticket, you have a decent chance at a refund if you explain the whole situation.

Forkball

Steam is having Square Enix week this week (although the banner says 7-13, haha). Today Batman Arkham Asylum is $7.50. GET THIS GAME. They are also selling the SE bundle for $75.

And yet no Portal 2 preorder on Steam.

Forkball said:
Steam is having Square Enix week this week (although the banner says 7-13, haha). Today Batman Arkham Asylum is $7.50. GET THIS GAME. They are also selling the SE bundle for $75.

And yet no Portal 2 preorder on Steam.
I don't expect it to go up the minute after the hour. Wait a little while.

MNC

Batman is good enough to cope with SecuROM. I love it to bits.
edit: it mostly means games have install limits. Batman has a 4-install limit.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Alright, if you haven't already played Batman you offend me a lot, but I'm going to try to mend this relationship by gifting it to some Gaffer.

PM thine email that you are able to access to receive it.

Edit: taken.

Portal 2 offer:

"Pre-Purchase includes a free copy of Portal. Already own Portal? Give it to a friend!"

This offer only appears when it feels like it, so keep refreshing!

I'm guessing they're going to fix some things and the preorder will be available in 30 minutes?

confused

Banned
GoGoGo, buy Batman, GAF.

This week sucks for me as I bought Eidos complete last summer and bought the remaining games over christmas.

I would´t accept a Securom infested game for free. It´s malware that in many versions installs strange drivers and hidden files, and has been reported to cause conflicts with other programs and virtual drivers. Even the beta of Internet Explorer 9 caused securom games like GTAIV to stop working. Steam games should not come with crap like that, especially not older games like Batman: AA.

Stallion Free said:
Alright, if you haven't already played Batman you offend me a lot, but I'm going to try to mend this relationship by gifting it to some Gaffer.

PM thine email that you are able to access to receive it.

Edit: taken.
Thank you so much this is the greatest gift I've ever got in my life

* exaggeration may be a cause of excitedment*

drizzle

Axel Hertz
ashbash159 said:
Portal 2 offer:

"Pre-Purchase includes a free copy of Portal. Already own Portal? Give it to a friend!"

I'm guessing they're going to fix some things and the preorder will be available in 30 minutes?

I was this close to buy it, but then Left 4 Dead came to mind: I bought it the moment the pre-order was up, but I remembered that later, a 4pack showed up.

I guess i'll wait until some bonus (TF2 Items, of course) show up. Otherwise, I'll wait for a 2pack or 4pack (which prolly wont happen, and then i'll buy the game anyway).

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Yeah, I almost pre-ordered Portal 2 and then I remembered that I might get that Razer Wiimote thing combo pack with Portal 2 and I decided to wait. It was hard though.

confused

Banned
Stallion Free said:
Yeah, I almost pre-ordered Portal 2 and then I remembered that I might get that Razer Wiimote thing combo pack with Portal 2 and I decided to wait. It was hard though.

What's that ? Link me.......

Nice, awesome batman game for an awesome price.

First one to quote me can have a copy, please only take it if you will play it some of my friends from christmas still haven't played the games I sent them :(

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Diablohead said:

First one to quote me can have a copy, please only take it if you will play it some of my friends from christmas still haven't played the games I sent them :(

Actually, I take that back. I don't have time to play it right now. Thanks, though, Diablohead. You're a mensch!

Diablohead said:

I'll take it, if you still have it thanks!

gotee12

The Omega Man said:
PM'd thanks a lot!, always wanted to play AA
It's the best Batman game since the NES days. Absolutely loved it on the PS3. Definitely one of those games I wish I could "play again for the first time".

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
confused said:
Looks hot. Too bad it's motion controls. I hate motion controls. /Anitmotiongamer.

They're actually very nice when used the right way. It's a good thing.

I'll definitely pass on the Steam preorder and get that bundle if it's available upon release. Sounds awesome.

Oreoleo

ashbash159 said:
Portal 2 offer:

Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

Union Carbine said:
Bought Batman. I've got the 360 version but I never finished it. I'm interested in seeing the game with the extra PC visual bells and whistles.
It's a looker, I love it on my e7400 and gtx260, keeps up to 60fps in most areas and I was using lashings of MSAA.

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
So tempted to get Arkham Asylum, but I already beat it on my 360.

Any incentive on getting the PC version over the 360 version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom