• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
SuicideUZI said:
Still looking for someone to go in on a Portal 2 pre-order 2-pack to get 20% off, any takers?

how would that work? we'd be saving 5 dollars each and with paypal you'd spend a little more to compensate for their fees.

Kleevah

Any US-gaffers up for a Portal 2 2-pack? Would save me some bucks going though the US shop instead of the euro one.

SteamId is same as nick, and I can paypal my share right away... :)

Edit: Alexx helped me out, thanks again man... :)

Salaadin

Shaneus said:
What's the first JC like? Keep in mind, I fucking LOVE JC2.

Theres a demo. Im not sure if its on steam but I know I played it on XBL.
From what I played, its a solid foundation for a game but doesnt have the polish of its sequel. I used to dump hours into the demo though but never paid for the full game. Skydiving is just as fun as it is in JC2 and I remember it looking very nice for its time.

Oreoleo

big black woman said:
how would that work? we'd be saving 5 dollars each and with paypal you'd spend a little more to compensate for their fees.
PayPal fees are easily avoidable. Don't use a CC and mark it as a gift. Done.

Just Cause 2 is the most awesome, over the top mix of action movie tropes in amazingly fun game format ever + a dual targeting grappling hook. Buy it. The end.

MNC

I just had a good session of batman (picked it up last christmas) definitely one of the more surprising games in the sense that I didn't think I would love it this much. I freaking LOVE the combat system.

Salaadin said:
From what I played, its a solid foundation for a game but doesnt have the polish of its sequel. I used to dump hours into the demo though but never paid for the full game. Skydiving is just as fun as it is in JC2 and I remember it looking very nice for its time.
The PC Just Cause is actually a port of the Xbox/PS2 version, so it's even worse than the 360 version. The most Just Cause 1 I've played is 5 minutes of the 360 demo -- so I can't really comment.

Shaneus

Salaadin said:
It's $3.75... I'm more wondering whether it's worth shelling out for that as an impulse buy or not. Too lazy for a demo ;)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood just got added for preorder, 50$. It's automatically the deluxe edition which comes with some actual good shit.

Done gone and preordered myself as I *loved* ACII.

poweld

Stallion Free said:
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood just got added for preorder, 50$. It's automatically the deluxe edition which comes with some actual good shit.

Dare I ask the DRM situation?

That aside, you will love AC:B.

Lime

Stallion Free said:

Does it still have the Ubi Deliverance-raping DRM known as Uplay? If so, no sale.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Is $30 too much to pay for Dragon Age? I want it but can't find it cheap anywhere.

Mrbob

If you are going to get Dragon Age I'd go for the deluxe edition which has everything and it is only 40 bucks. But I would wait to buy it because Dragon Age has gone on sale a couple times for 50 percent off. Of course this depends on how badly you want to play the game now. With Dragon Age 2 coming out mid March, there is a possibility there will be a weekend sale coming up for Dragon Age in the next month and a half.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I wonder how Brotherhood's online will be on PC. It's damn fun, and I hope it will be active for a time.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Stallion Free said:

Brotherhood is awesome. My complete and utter lack of willpower had me buy it on Xbox. I'll definitely double dip on PC when it hits $10 or so.

poweld

poweld said:
Dare I ask the DRM situation?

That aside, you will love AC:B.
Wow, just got a chance to look, and no mention *yet* of a requirement to be connected to the internet to play. We'll see, Ubi.

PatzCU

JC2 worth it on PC without a controller? All I have are wireless 360 controllers and I'm not sure I want to spend the $$$ on a usb wireless hub.

Nabs

PatzCU said:
JC2 worth it on PC without a controller? All I have are wireless 360 controllers and I'm not sure I want to spend the $$$ on a usb wireless hub.
I prefer KB/M personally

Kritz

Banned
The Big Rig said:
Hopefully whatever fanbase there was for The Ship starts playing Brotherhood's MP.

Because they sure as fuck weren't there with Bloody Good Time.

(And more power to them for missing that wreck of a game)

Davidion

Kritz said:
Because they sure as fuck weren't there with Bloody Good Time.

(And more power to them for missing that wreck of a game)

I didn't play BGT too much due to the community never really being there (guess it's a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy), but thought it was pretty good?

Looking forward to brotherhood, would be great if there was a 2-pack with AC2.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
RE: Ubi DRM and AC:B

Didn't Ubisoft say they're no longer using the 'constant internet connection' DRM? I believe that the games will now just need to validate online when they launch, but losing the connection after the game is running won't affect your play.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
K.Jack said:

Didn't Ubisoft say they're no longer using the 'constant internet connection' DRM? I believe that the games will now just need to validate online when they launch, but losing the connection after the game is running won't affect your play.
Yeah, I heard the same. Also, I managed to pump 35 hours into AC2 without a single hiccup so I will run the risk here.

Nabs

K.Jack said:

I don't think Ubisoft ever made a statement. They might just keep their 'always online' drm for new titles, and scale back once the game has been out for a bit.

Davidion said:
I didn't play BGT too much due to the community never really being there (guess it's a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy), but thought it was pretty good?

It was a lot of fun.

Volcynika

Stallion Free said:
How is Front Mission? It looks pretty neat from the store page.
-Controller support?
-Performance?
-How actiony?
-Easy to figure out?

Has controller support and works fine. Only played a couple missions, but seems pretty basic on action. Heard the bosses are a pain, but haven't seen but the first one. Good bit of customization with parts and weapons.

To reference, I have barely played any previous FM games.

Can't say for the pc version but I own it on the xbox (£6.99 play.com price 2 weeks ago) and while it's not the best looker, the game is fun and reminds me of the old armored cores a fair bit, mech parts are quite limited at first but it does open up. The game is good imo, not great or brilliant but good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom