• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derrick01

Banned
Chavelo said:
BANS REGIONAL-EXPLOITING CD KEY AND SHADY VPN DISCUSSION
____________________http://i.imgur.com/Em5OL.png[/IMG_________________________
[B]"You have one friend playing The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim right now!"[/B]

[spoiler]Please don't ban me :-([/spoiler][/QUOTE]

Ban you? He's playing Skyrim man, we'll be lucky if we ever see him again. It's open season on here now :P

Sanjay

morningbus said:
make a joke about how much money he makes off of tshirts.

it'll be hilarious.

The money is in the tshirts, laundering money at its best.

PaulLFC said:
Another Batman Arkham City (Early Access) entry has been added to the registry, this time with 13 bits of DLC included (no clues as to what the DLC is, though). Since the original early access entry doesn't seem to have unlocked for anyone up to now, I wouldn't get hopes up just yet.

There are also soundtracks for Super Meat Boy, Bit Trip Runner and Bit Trip Beat.

Only a matter of time till Steam gets its Music tab section.

Chavelo

Derrick01 said:
Ban you? He's playing Skyrim man, we'll be lucky if we ever see him again. It's open season on here now :p

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

QUICK, POST PONIES/FANBOY THREADS/PEDO-DEFENSE/TRANS-GAF HATE/PORT-BEGGI

IKZuX.jpg

Oh...

┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)

On Topic: Hmmm, should I save up the fun money for today's weekend sale, or just go ahead and try to get someone to help me with the Skyrim/IGN sale thingy?

Decisions, decisions...

tch

So I open steam, a loading bar appears saying that steam is updating but it doesn't move at all, then a few seconds later I get: ERROR Steam.exe main exception. To run steam you must first connect to the internet.

But I already was connected to the internet. I tried uninstalling then re-installing, got the same error. Steam support still hasn't responded to me and I also want to get my Skyrim preload on haha.

If anyone knows how to fix this it would be appreciated.

Blizzard

Banned
tch said:
So I open steam, a loading bar appears saying that steam is updating but it doesn't move at all, then a few seconds later I get: ERROR Steam.exe main exception. To run steam you must first connect to the internet.

But I already was connected to the internet. I tried uninstalling then re-installing, got the same error. Steam support still hasn't responded to me and I also want to get my Skyrim preload on haha.

If anyone knows how to fix this it would be appreciated.
I would say to delete your clientregistry.blob file and restart Steam, but it sounds like you already wiped it out by reinstalling. By the way, I hope you didn't have any games installed since uninstalling deletes them all...

Gilgamesh

Firehead said:
Yeah, it contains NighSky, Fate of the World, Scoregasm and Ben There, Dan That! and Time Gentlemen, Please!
Already own BTDT/TGP and the only other one that I'm interested in is NightSky, so... pass.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I have a Steam key for each of NightSky and Ben There, Dan That! and Time Gentlemen, Please! (titles marked in bold for clarity). Quote with your preference if you're interested.

Edit: NightSky has gone to snoop.

Edit 2: Ben There etc. has gone to balladofwindfishes.

tch

Blizzard said:
I would say to delete your clientregistry.blob file and restart Steam, but it sounds like you already wiped it out by reinstalling. By the way, I hope you didn't have any games installed since uninstalling deletes them all...

Yeah I tried that before uninstalling and it didn't help. Didn't have too much installed (other than Mass Effect 2...) fortunately. And I made sure about the firewall too, I've tried pretty much everything. Thanks for the help anyway, you too Joe Molotov. I give up for now. I guess I'll just preload Skyrim on D2D...

Blizzard

Banned
tch said:
Yeah I tried that before uninstalling and it didn't help. Didn't have too much installed (other than Mass Effect 2...) fortunately. And I made sure about the firewall too, I've tried pretty much everything. Thanks for the help anyway, you too Joe Molotov. I give up for now. I guess I'll just preload Skyrim on D2D...
Steam worked for you before? Did anything else change on your computer? I'd be more upset about losing access to hundreds of Steam games but maybe you don't have that many? D:

*edit* In addition to firewalls, peer guardian and so forth, did you manually remove the Steam directory from program files after uninstalling?

Chesskid1

Banned
any chance we could get our own thread for arkham city or revelations, pc versions? or maybe launch OT2 versions?

i mean if there were released day 1 with the console versions we wouldn't need our own thread, but no way i'm going in there with such delayed releases. just a thought, plus PC tech talk could go in there.

might just be nitpicking though and OTs are still pretty spoiler-free, but sux we couldn't be there to first discover things with everyone else, could relive that with a PC only thread though.

RetroGreg

TrumanBurbank said:
Just a warning to people that Scoregasm doesn't have a proper picture in the Grid View. That always pisses me off and I know I'm not alone....

I hope one gets patched in.....

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
UnluckyKate said:
But but but .... :(

Don't you have any friends with a PC that contains either a Nvidia or ATI card UnluckyKate? You could also go to a cyber cafe that has windows PC, i bet some of those have recognizable ATI/Nvidia cards even if they are integrated.

tch

Blizzard said:
Steam worked for you before? Did anything else change on your computer? I'd be more upset about losing access to hundreds of Steam games but maybe you don't have that many? D:

*edit* In addition to firewalls, peer guardian and so forth, did you manually remove the Steam directory from program files after uninstalling?

Got it working! I installed to another directory and its working now. Yeah I only had like 4 or 5 steam games fortunately. Thanks!

Actually it may have just been a problem with my wireless card, because the only change I made other than the directory was using an ethernet cord.

Chavelo

Nabs said:
That's the Dail... hmph.

Usually before 4pm EST.

Edit: or is that 7? We'll see today!

I'm pretty sure Valve always puts the weekend deal every thursday around 11AM Mountain Time... Odd.

Blizzard

Banned
tch said:
Got it working! I installed to another directory and its working now. Yeah I only had like 4 or 5 steam games fortunately. Thanks!
Yay!

Chavelo said:
I'm pretty sure Valve always puts the weekend deal every thursday around 11AM Mountain Time... Odd.
And it's just after 3 p.m. now...3 p.m., EPISODE 3???

McSmiggins

Neo Member
mikespit1200 said:
Can I copy my SteamApps folder over to an existing Steamapps folder on another machine to move the SKyrim preload? There's no backup option.

For normal games, yup, for pre-loads they're tied to that machine so it'll just start downloading it again, if you can wait for it to unlock and then copy the folder over you're golden. (Do this with laptop for work and gaming machine at home.) But last time I checked it was necessary was ME2, so it may work now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom