• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
If you save just for the Steam sales all year, you don't have to worry about 5$ breaking the budget. Heh.
After ordering my controller and pre-ordering that bundle (which I don't regret at all!) I only have $11 to spend now. :(

DS3 is solid enough. Game runs well and plays well, but its nothing special. Its definitely Obsidian's least ambitious game, but most bug free.
Based on the demo, I hate the SUPER CONSOLE menus and it feels so cramped, even outside something about the level design was suffocating me. I did like the art style other than that feeling, though.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Steam overlay works fine on my GOG version of TW2 :D

Yeah, I came across that general fact, which makes CDPR's sloth-like pace toward fixing the Steam version even stranger.

As an aside, I suck terribly at The Witcher 2, so my inclination to play it has dwindled.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Based on the demo, I hate the SUPER CONSOLE menus and it feels so cramped, even outside something about the level design was suffocating me. I did like the art style other than that feeling, though.
That's basically why its solid. Easily skippable, but reasonably enjoyable if you do decide to play it. The gameplay is decent, but there isn't really any depth or exploration. 5$ seems like a pretty low entry point for the risk.

jeyne kassynder shall be engraved into your memories.

What is the chance of Saints Row: The Third being on sale in the Christmas holidays in a couple of weeks?

What has the history been like for sales of games which are quite new releases for last years Christmas sale?

Derrick01

Banned
What is the chance of Saints Row: The Third being on sale in the Christmas holidays in a couple of weeks?

What has the history been like for sales of games which are quite new releases for last years Christmas sale?

A really good chance given THQ's current condition, plus their games have traditionally dropped pretty fast. I wouldn't be surprised if it was $30 on the x-mas sale at least.

I ended up finishing it one sitting, I just couldn't put it down. It is definitely one of the best games of this year. And I ended up buying the soundtrack <3

Yeah the soundtrack is top notch. I'll probably end up finishing it in one go too. This game is really fantastic.

MNC

Oh fuck, Dungeon Siege III actually looks like a cool game :( I keep mixing it up with dungeon defenders. Is DSIII worth my time?

Also, can't fucking wait to continue playing X3. I fucking love space sims and X3 is basically EVE offline without alot of the useless excel sheets (;3)

Ambience music on full, spaceship thrusters on, and I'm ready.

Eusis

Only reason I'm not jumping on Dungeon Siege III is that I'm hoping for a good Steam sale on Dungeon Siege Complete. The Ultima conversions make me want to get at least the first game, and if they have a 75% sale then that would put each game at $5... with DLC for DSIII thrown in.

I ended up finishing it one sitting, I just couldn't put it down. It is definitely one of the best games of this year. And I ended up buying the soundtrack <3

SUch an amazing game. Glad to see more folks going for it.

I did the same as you, including buying the soundtrack. So good!

Dmax3901

Couldn't for the life of me find the Steam gifting thread, but was wondering if any incredibly helpful soul from the US would be willing to gift me Assassin's Creed Revelations, I have paypal.

Forkball

Things I want for Christmas Sale:

Sonic Generations $15
Arkham City $25
AC Revelations $30
Red Orchestra 2 $10
Puzzle Agent 2 $2.50
Rock of Ages $2.50
Hard Reset $10

Random indie games $2ish

MAKE IT HAPPEN, GABE

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
So beside Reccetear and Chantelise, any other good Japanese rpg / animeish games on Steam?

Stop JEYNE KASSYNDER before JEYNE KASSYNDER becomes engraved into your memory. JEYNE KASSYNDER JEYNE KASSYNDER JEYNE KASSYNDER

Haha, just got through the intro of this game, and it's sad that besides the end of your post, it doesn't even seem like an exaggeration. At least I won't forget the villain's name anytime soon.

It's not so much just the overuse of her name, the thing with Jeyne Kassynder is that everyone always says her whole name all the time. Like it's never "that rascally old Jeyne" or "Kassynder has moved her troops to...", it's always JEYNE KASSYNDER. It's not like there were any other Jeynes in the game either.

inky

What I want:

Skyrim $45 or less
The Witcher 2 $20 (preferably $15)
Hard Reset $10
Several cheap/indie stuff I can spend ~$25 in.

Total moneys spent: $100.
Total fun acquired:1000000000000

Make it happen Gabe.

Blizzard

Banned
I figured I didn't want anything except maybe 16 games or so on my wishlist, since I figure I never spend much in sales.

But then that guy said Gemini Rue was good, so I figure I'd add that to the wishlist, too!

Aselith

It's not so much just the overuse of her name, the thing with Jeyne Kassynder is that everyone always says her whole name all the time. Like it's never "that rascally old Jeyne" or "Kassynder has moved her troops to...", it's always JEYNE KASSYNDER. It's not like there were any other Jeynes in the game either.

It's subtext, my man. There aren't any Jeyne's that participate in the game but Jeyne is like John in that land. They're all behind the scenes and all over the fucking place (everyone you talk to that is not named or just there for decoration is named Jeyne pretty much) and people just don't want to have a mix up and some poor hapless bastard or bastardess (Jeyne is androgynous there) gets his head chopped off.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Do NOT get it if you think it might be a fun game to do coop over the internet like the bioware rpgs of old. This game has the worst coop camera EVER.

Co-op camera = serious rage mode, can't see shit, constant micromanagement required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom