• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky

*Payment doesn't go through* WTH Amazon T.T

Edit: Other card doesn't work either... Meh, I didn't want it anyway :p
2nd Edit: If payment didn't go through why am I getting promotional credit? Apparently, I've got $15 worth of codes now...

Aselith

X Superbox is on sale today on gamersgate (75% off).

X3: Terran Conflict looks like can be activated on steam, but I'm not sure about the other games in the bundle.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=311133

Superbox can be activated and any X3:TC can be registered but nothing else individually from what I understand reading a little bit. I haven't done it myself but based on what the mod on that forum was saying...that key should work on Steam.

Doesn't seem worth it if you already own X3: TC though as the expansion should be $9.99.

http://www.egosoft.com/news/current_en.php#news833

For owners of the X Superbox, X3: Albion Prelude will be available as a free download on Steam, while for owners of X3: Terran Conflict it will be available at the 'add-on' price of €9.99. For players new to the series, X3: Terran Conflict and X3: Albion Prelude will be available for purchase as a bundle. Time your purchase right and you could enjoy substantial discounts in the Steam holiday sale too!

I added $25 to my steam wallet at the beginning of the fall sale as my budget, but I only ended up spending $5. I'm just going to pretend like that means I can spend an extra $20 in the Christmas sale and not feel guilty about it. This sale is probably my favorite thing about the Christmas season.

GABE! DO YOUR WORST (best)!

Aselith

Does anyone know if that DS3 key from Amazon happens to come with DS1 and DS2? That's why I really wanna buy it from Steam :/

If it's the regular version, it definitely doesn't. That was the collector's edition version. If it's the collector's edition....maybe? I can't answer that one.

Aselith

Buasy day for a Sunday. Picked up DSIII from Amazon and X:Superbox and the Haunted: Hells Reach from Gamersgate.

Could you post back here when you activate the Superbox and just let everyone know what happened so they can be sure when buying it? You know just make sure all the games whow up in your library and all that.

Javaman

If you save just for the Steam sales all year, you don't have to worry about 5$ breaking the budget. Heh.

DS3 is solid enough. Game runs well and plays well, but its nothing special. Its definitely Obsidian's least ambitious game, but most bug free.
Most definitely. $60 for one new console game or $60 for 12 $5 games that are a couple of years old. The choice is easy for me. Heck, most of the publisher catalogs are less than $60 for far more games. The best bang for the buck for me last year was the Telltale everything pack for $50.

1-D_FTW

Finally went and played the Rochard demo. Seems like a fun little title. Will definitely be picking up if it gets a nice Christmas sale.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ah, OK. Who is she, by the way? She's gorgeous.

Irish actress Saoirse Ronan. I like to link to the image source when I answer this question, but it's eluding me. And since there are no avatars, I can't just drag mine into Google Images and let it work its magic.

Edit: Fixed the name just in case you've never heard of her. :p

Mrbob

I would. I'm going to make time to play Killing Floor some more, as I've only put a little more than an hour into it. I love the concept though.

Oh and I guess Valve has to keep Activision happy with having a daily deal in MW2. Why doesn't Activision go more than 50 percent off though? Always $14.99, boring.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Should I pull the trigger on Killing Floor?

Play the game and deci- No, YES. Killing Floor is a lot of fun, especially if you can get a buddy or two to play with you, but playing with randoms is ok too, because of the coop nature of the game.

Also:
LOL ACTIVISON
Would buy at 5€ not at 13€.

JaseC

I would. I'm going to make time to play Killing Floor some more, as I've only put a little more than an hour into it. I love the concept though.

Oh and I guess Valve has to keep Activision happy with having a daily deal in MW2. Why doesn't Activision go more than 50 percent off though? Always $14.99, boring.

They wish to replicate Capcom's roaring success with 50% Steam discounts.

Oh, wait.

Edit: Acti should have put up a lesser title for the daily... in other words, Singularity or Wolfenstein '09.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I want to gift a friend who had been playing KF during the free weekend the game, but it keeps saying that he owns the game even though he doesn't. Does this mean I have to wait for the free weekend to finish?

JaseC

I want to gift a friend who had been playing KF during the free weekend the game, but it keeps saying that he owns the game even though he doesn't. Does this mean I have to wait for the free weekend to finish?

Probably, though that would be weird. You can purchase the game now at the discounted price and add it to your inventory, then gift it after the Free Weekend period expires.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
That's what I did.

With that said, I wonder how people who played the game for free and wanted to buy the game couldn't buy due to the "free" limitation managed to snag it while on sale.

Irish actress Saoirse Ronan. I like to link to the image source when I answer this question, but it's eluding me. And since there are no avatars, I can't just drag mine into Google Images and let it work its magic.

Edit: Fixed the name just in case you've never heard of her. :p

Cheers. Christ, she's only 17. Between this and reading a bit of the furry thread, this afternoon's been a bit.... odd.

JaseC

That's what I did.

With that said, I wonder how people who played the game for free and wanted to buy the game couldn't buy due to the "free" limitation managed to snag it while on sale.

I'd say purchasing the game for your own account processes just fine, otherwise the discount would be next to pointless.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Like Call of Duty needs help making money. Reserve these daily specials for games that deserve the attention and not dogshit like COD.

JaseC

Cheers. Christ, she's only 17. Between this and reading a bit of the furry thread, this afternoon's been a bit.... odd.

I prefer "almost 18". Seriously, though, my attraction to her is more about her peerless talent than physical appearance. I'm not denying she's physically attractive, but it's not like I thought she was hot in Atonement or anything of the sort. :p That would just be weird.

Amazon doesn't let me buy DS3 even with a US address :(

Could someone please buy it for me? I can paypal the money.

For a moment there I interpreted DS3 to mean DualShock 3.

Like Call of Duty needs help making money. Reserve these daily specials for games that deserve the attention and not dogshit like COD.

It does need help beating Valve's evergreen MP titles when it comes to player count, though. ;)

kamspy

VAC bans for hackers make MW2 sales lucrative. Seriously.

I wouldn't DL the 15GB it takes for free. FOV makes it a game breaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom