• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derrick01

Banned
Debating whether I want Borderlands 2. Really need a game with substance but not too demanding to ease me out of Dark Souls.

Define what you mean by substance? There's not much of that in either BL as it's mostly an arcadey co-op game. If you play alone it's still fun but you're not going to get deep quests or deep gameplay.

DOA

I was going to create a thread about this being the first pinabll game on steam, but then I realized there are a few others.

gotta ask - why in the world do i see FEAR2 and DNF in the pinball search?

l6Jr2.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
DNF has a pinball minigame actually.

Yeah, this is the reason it's showing up in the results. Steam returns results based on title and then description.

DNF:
World Interactivity: Spend as much time as you want shooting hoops, lifting weights, playing pinball, pool, air hockey, and slots.

FEAR 2:
Experience FEAR 2 multiplayer from a new perspective. Players are only inches tall as they battle inside a pinball machine, a hospital lab room, and a playground sandbox. FullTilt: Battle inside a retro 1970's era pinball machine, "Snake Fist" style! Flippers, targets, spinners and pop-bumpers provide cover for the fast paced action. Multi-level playfield and authentic sounds set the mood for destruction!

I don't understand people's obsession with that kid.

I dont either. The only movie I've seen her in was The Lovely Bones. Her acting was decent, but nothing special. And if we were to base it on looks, well Rose McIver was in that movie and she's smoking hot.

JaseC

The general bugginess of Darksiders 2 is starting to annoy me. First it was this frustrating issue and now I'm missing the scroll containing the directions to the secret chest on level 7 of the Soul Arbiter's Maze, so I used a video guide to go to the locations of all 10, twice, but I'm still missing the bloody thing. I'm also missing the general directions for the final level of the Maze, but as I haven't gone looking for it yet, I'm giving the game the benefit of the doubt and assuming I've just missed it at some point.

I dont either. The only movie I've seen her in was The Lovely Bones. Her acting was decent, but nothing special. And if we were to base it on looks, well Rose McIver was in that movie and she's smoking hot.

*twitch*

JaseC

The general Store update is a little over two hours away, so it'll probably show up then.

Gvaz

Banned
So apparently my community college blocks steam. How do I get around this?

Don't give me a morality speal. I don't want to hear it.

If there isn't any demo for Borderlands 2 I think I'll just download it off of that other site. If the developer doesn't let me try the game before I splash out 49 bucks on it they don't deserve my money.

JaseC

On the bright side, at least Offline Mode is no longer broken, so if you find yourself without internet access, you can still play your games (provided an update hasn't been detected, of course).

Nabs

Pre-Purchase Company of Heroes 2 now and get Beta access when it is available on Steam as well as the German Rotbraun and Russian Leningrad Pattern Bundle. In addition, help unlock additional rewards as more Steam users pre-purchase. Possible rewards include Exclusive Company of Heroes 2 TF2 Items, A Free copy of Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: Retribution, and the Company of Heroes 2 Commissar Chest! Check out the store page for more details.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/55300/

coh_promo_image.jpg

It's $60.

Pre-Purchase Company of Heroes 2 now and get Beta access when it is available on Steam as well as the German Rotbraun and Russian Leningrad Pattern Bundle. In addition, help unlock additional rewards as more Steam users pre-purchase. Possible rewards include Exclusive Company of Heroes 2 TF2 Items, A Free copy of Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: Retribution, and the Company of Heroes 2 Commissar Chest! Check out the store page for more details.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/55300/

coh_promo_image.jpg
I wonder when they'll start adding Dota items as buying incentives, if ever.

MRORANGE

So apparently my community college blocks steam. How do I get around this?

Don't give me a morality speal. I don't want to hear it.

Have you talked to the system network admins at your campus? they can be generous if you explain your situation.

or total dicks

Seeing as they've already removed items for being "out of place" any preorder items would have to show no resemblance to the games they're for I would think.
That's not how it works, as long as the publisher gives the ok they can use an item based on that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom