• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

la_briola

So we bought an 4 pack (Torchlight II) but the 3 extra copies are not showing up in the inventory at all, is it normal to take a while?

Don't get too excited, guys. It's not Lucid, but it ain't exactly Yoshi's Island HD: Doesn't Exist But Man Imagine.

Could be in any post, including this one. But it's not in this one or is it

Wok

Not much of an offer, but a draw. Still, it's a chance to get Borderlands 2 for free and Puget Systems deserve to be talked about after their Dirt Showdown giveaway.

https://www.pugetsystems.com/go/borderlands2/

US only unfortunately, not sure if they give away keys or boxed games, but good luck to everyone who participate.

Omg, thank you so much for posting this.

I woke up to an email telling me that i won a copy. :D

Downloading it right now.

So, what is the deal? Is it worth using a VPN for non-US residents?

Weenerz

Banned
You can trade them for sure. Are they out though?

What really? Why is that? All of the preorder'd TF2 item's I've received(dont have xcom preordered) have been tradeable.

EDIT: I'm guessing once the game launches they'll become tradable in the event that you trade and then cancel your preorder.

They will become tradeable a week or two after the game releases. If you are interested and have the X-COM items, add em on Steam "Weenerz"

Nabs

"We're having some problems with a small number of our servers, so you may see some weirdness. We're working on getting them back to normality as soon as possible."

Is it just me, or is Steam getting really slow? I appreciate the new community feature, but god damn, it's like the client will only take me somewhere when it feels like it. Hardly anything will respond on the first click. Sometimes it doesn't respond at all. I just restarted and it helped somewhat, but good lord Valve, could you spend some time making the client more efficient instead of just making it bigger?

For instance, it's lamentable that now we have to view all discussion forums IN THE CLIENT. I wanted to go to the Jet Set Radio forum from the store page, but literally could not do it. It simply would not respond, or it tried to send me to the game HUB instead. This kind of shit is starting to become nerve wracking and makes me dread the moment when I want to navigate any community features.

"We're having some problems with a small number of our servers, so you may see some weirdness. We're working on getting them back to normality as soon as possible."

I was coming here to ask what the fuck is going on. I can see the store just fine, but it says I have no connection. Been like it all morning.

Is it just me, or is Steam getting really slow? I appreciate the new community feature, but god damn, it's like the client will only take me somewhere when it feels like it. Hardly anything will respond on the first click. Sometimes it doesn't respond at all. I just restarted and it helped somewhat, but good lord Valve, could you spend some time making the client more efficient instead of just making it bigger?

For instance, it's lamentable that now we have to view all discussion forums IN THE CLIENT. I wanted to go to the Jet Set Radio forum from the store page, but literally could not do it. It simply would not respond, or it tried to send me to the game HUB instead. This kind of shit is starting to become nerve wracking and makes me dread the moment when I want to navigate any community features.

I don't remember a time it wasn't like that.

DTKT

Yep, they really need to overhaul the client to make it snappier and smoother. I really want them to implement a "tab" feature. Where you can open several pages and load them while inside the client. You could open one tab with the store, another one with a game hub and a third with the Workship and it would let you cycle through them. Right now, I can only see one page at a time and it's a pain in the ass compared to an internet browser.

vazel

Banned
Has anyone been able to install the Saint's Row 3 trial? Everytime I click on the link to install it takes me to the game hub page.

Anyone ever buy from gamesplanet.com before? They're doing a 4 pack for borderlands 2 (with the pre order stuff) for 75GBP. That's crazy cheap.

If they're trust worthy, I'm looking for 2 people to go in with me on it. Just hit me with a PM.

_machine

Anyone ever buy from gamesplanet.com before? They're doing a 4 pack for borderlands 2 (with the pre order stuff) for 75GBP. That's crazy cheap.

If they're trust worthy, I'm looking for 2 people to go in with me on it. Just hit me with a PM.
Does it include pre-order bonuses? If so, I'm definitely in.

EDIT: they've been around for a while so I guess it's good.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

I bought Prey for them a month ago, and had no problems at all. So for me they are totally legit. How much is the Borderlands 2 pack in US dollars?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I pre-ordered Skyrim from Gamesplanet and had no issues.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Try restarting Steam. If that doesn't work, you'll have to wait for the extra copies to be added to your account manually.

dot

So, what is the deal? Is it worth using a VPN for non-US residents?

Uhh not entirely sure what a VPN is but you can try it if you want. There's only about 5 more winners so hurry if you do.

BL2 and SR3 free weekend will finally tear me away from GW2.

:lol

Wok

Uhh not entirely sure what a VPN is but you can try it if you want. There's only about 5 more winners so hurry if you do.

BL2 and SR3 free weekend will finally tear me away from GW2.

:lol

Done with Spotflux, thanks to the piece of advice JaseC once gave.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Damn you LB, stop gifting games while I'm away from home!

j/k, carry on while I keep pretending I'm working :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom