• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have some IndieGala keys to give out, but lurkers don't get keys, so quote me and tell me what you want and I'll PM you

Worms x4
Worms Blast x3
Worms Crazy Golf x3
Worms Pinball x3
Broken Sword Directors Cut x3
Broken Sword 2: The Smoking Mirror x3
Broken Sword 3: The Sleeping Dragon x3
Alien Breed 2 x4
Alien Breed 3 x3

If you want more than one just ask but be reasonable

Broken sword 1 2 and 3, meaning to play all of them. thanks.
EDIT: Crap, just give me whatever you have left.

PaulLFC

Well, the last 2 are tools, so the game itself is 'only' 30GB.
True, but if you only download the game, can you download the tools separately afterwards? Or do you need to download the entire 90 GB in one go if you want everything? I assumed it was the latter, and 60 GB for editor-related stuff is still quite ridiculous.

Have some IndieGala keys to give out, but lurkers don't get keys, so quote me and tell me what you want and I'll PM you

Worms x4
Worms Blast x3
Worms Crazy Golf x3
Worms Pinball x3
Alien Breed 2 x4
Alien Breed 3 x3

Worms Blast if there's still one left please? Or Worms 1 if not and you have one of those left? Thanks :)

yaron777

True, but if you only download the game, can you download the tools separately afterwards? Or do you need to download the entire 90 GB in one go if you want everything? I assumed it was the latter, and 60 GB for editor-related stuff is still quite ridiculous.

They are in the 'Tools' menu, so yes, you can still download them afterwards.

Croc

Banned
Holy shit how have I missed 2 Civ 5 giveaways within the past day alone?! I showed my bf (he's the one interested in Civ 5) that 2 games for $15 deal with Civ 5 but he still didn't want to buy it cause he didn't want any of the other games.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Anyone want Humble Bundle 3?

Crayon Physics Deluxe
Cogs
VVVVVV
Hammerfight
And Yet It Moves
Steel Storm
Atom Zombie Smasher

Just say you want it and a code will be given

Crayon Physics Deluxe
Cogs
VVVVVV
Hammerfight
And Yet It Moves
Steel Storm
Atom Zombie Smasher

I wanna try VVVVVV, or er... the whole thing. Yeah.

You guys have been super generous these past few days. Thanks.

Holy shit how have I missed 2 Civ 5 giveaways within the past day alone?! I showed my bf (he's the one interested in Civ 5) that 2 games for $15 deal with Civ 5 but he still didn't want to buy it cause he didn't want any of the other games.

What's his or yours steam id. You can just have the one sitting in my inventory.

Miutsu

Crayon Physics Deluxe
Cogs
VVVVVV
Hammerfight
And Yet It Moves
Steel Storm
Atom Zombie Smasher

I could take it if somebone hasn't taken it yet? I dont have/havent played any of that bundle, "new" to PC gaming.

Edit: nvm just saw earvcunanan's post :)

I'm probably not the first but it's a huge bummer that the Shogun 2 DLC didn't get the same discount.

Fall of the Samurai is tempting though, especially since it seems to include one of the DLCs already. hmm...

Derrick01

Banned
So why was Civ 5 so hated when it came out? I'm not really a fan of the series but I just went through 5 since I got it for free from the Xcom preorder and it didn't feel much different from 4. The one thing I really liked was that box in the lower right that told me what cities had production slots available or when I had an open research slot. Later in the game when I have like 15 cities I can forget to do some things, and I don't remember anything like that being in Civ 4 which made it a chore for me to play.

Blizzard

Banned
My guess is a combination of some people feeling that Civ V was too "casual"/mass-accessible, and some people just disliking change. The more accessible part is probably true, since I don't think I ever made it all the way through a Civ IV game, but Civ V seemed pretty fun and I think I actually won a game once.

Was Civ IV non-Steamworks? I seem to recall a vocal group disliking that Civ V added the Steam requirement as well.

A couple of things such as religion were also taken out, and then I think added back in via a patch or expansion, but I don't remember the exact situation there offhand.

Derrick01

Banned
My guess is a combination of some people feeling that Civ V was too "casual"/mass-accessible, and some people just disliking change. The more accessible part is probably true, since I don't think I ever made it all the way through a Civ IV game, but Civ V seemed pretty fun and I think I actually won a game once.

Was Civ IV non-Steamworks? I seem to recall a vocal group disliking that Civ V added the Steam requirement as well.

A couple of things such as religion were also taken out, and then I think added back in via a patch or expansion, but I don't remember the exact situation there offhand.

Civ 4 came out in 05 so it's not steamworks unless it was patched in later, seems unlikely as steamworks started in 08 or 09 I think. It's definitely more accessible as that task box I described makes it impossible to forget to do things, but I think it's good-accessible and not dumbed down. I also liked using culture to make different policies. Beyond border increases in Civ 4 I had no idea what culture did.

I'm not sure if there was religion in the game I just played. There were things like temples I could create but there wasn't all the different religions.

Sajjaja

Civ 4 came out in 05 so it's not steamworks unless it was patched in later, seems unlikely as steamworks started in 08 or 09 I think. It's definitely more accessible as that task box I described makes it impossible to forget to do things, but I think it's good-accessible and not dumbed down. I also liked using culture to make different policies. Beyond border increases in Civ 4 I had no idea what culture did.

I'm not sure if there was religion in the game I just played. There were things like temples I could create but there wasn't all the different religions.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe religion was introduced in the Civ 5 Gods and Kings expansion pack.

I thought most complaints about Civ V were about the (dumb) AI. I haven't played IV and haven't spent nearly enough time with V so I can't comment on it, just what I got from the posts I've read on GAF.

Derrick01

Banned
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe religion was introduced in the Civ 5 Gods and Kings expansion pack.

Probably, because it wasn't in the base game. I don't have any DLC or expansions for it yet.

I thought most complaints about Civ V were about the (dumb) AI. I haven't played IV and haven't spent nearly enough time with V so I can't comment on it, just what I got from the posts I've read on GAF.

I was playing on Chieftain so I assume they were meant to be dumb since after I reached the point where I shot past everyone on the tech tree they were basically just letting me nuke them and bomb their cities relentlessly with no one even attempting to send units back at me (even if they were medieval era units). When I nuked Paris Napoleon had, no joke here, 8 units surrounding the city just sitting there doing nothing. We had already been at war for a few years too so I don't know what they were doing.

Bluth54

I just finished the 6 chapter of Alan Wake...there is another right?

There are two bonus chapters that continue the storyline that were originally DLC for the 360 release. For some reason the PC version doesn't go directly to the first DLC chapter after you finish the main game even though they are included with all PC versions, you have to manually select both bonus chapters.

Spl1nter

Yes. The Civ 5 AI and Diplomacy system is horrible. Ruins the replay ability of the game completely.

Echoplx

Is there any way to force Steam to switch all your currently installed games to the new system? I'd rather get it all done at once then have to randomly deal with it whenever I launch a game ;_;

Worms x4
Worms Blast x3
Worms Crazy Golf x3
Worms Pinball x3
Alien Breed 2 x4
Alien Breed 3 x3

Can I have Worms Pinball and Crazy Golf?

PaulLFC

Is Street Fighter x Tekken Steamworks? I doubt it, but I thought I'd check while it's cheap at The Game Collection (£9.99).

ShaneB

Debating getting Alpha Protocol from GMG for 8 bucks. Regret not getting it when it was the daily for like 2 bucks or whatever. lol

Doomrider

Debating getting Alpha Protocol from GMG for 8 bucks. Regret not getting it when it was the daily for like 2 bucks or whatever. lol

Well, it will certainly be cheaper than that during one of the upcoming Steam sales, but rest assured, it's worth that and much more. You will marvel at the stuff that goes on in terms of dialogue, choices and consequences in that game. It's amazing.

If you're in no hurry to play it, however, maybe you should wait for the next major sale?

ShaneB

Damn you convincing s.o.b.'s. I'll probably get it.
KuGsj.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom