• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

catabarez

From Tony on CAG: The next weekly Amazon deal will be LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes, LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4, and LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 for $13.99. ALL of their main pages specifically list Steam Activation as a requirement. The weekly deal the weekend after the upcoming LEGO deal will be Prototype 1 + 2 + Radnet DLC for $12.49. Prototype 1 is NOT Steam Activated.

I don't remember these LEGO games ever being cheaper than this on Steam.

JaseC has been waiting for this. When was the last time the Lego Star Wars games were on sale?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
The weekly deal the weekend after the upcoming LEGO deal will be Prototype 1 + 2 + Radnet DLC for $12.49. Prototype 1 is NOT Steam Activated.

So this is esentially a 25 bucks deal (Prototype 2 on Steam is 19,99, Radnet DLC is 4,99) for 12,49?

Hmmm, that's like 50% off. (Prototype 1 doesn't count because a) I already have it b) it's not a steam key)

What are the chances of Prototype 2 getting a 75% discount deal on xmas?

Eusis

.... 7$ is the intended price. Pointing that out is dick riding? Did you forget to take your meds?
Notice how DLC of this type never goes for $5, at least on multiplatform titles?

Combined with L4D's DLC I have a feeling at some point Microsoft mandated $7 as the bare minimum you can charge for a piece of DLC of significant content on a retail game (multiplayer packs or new single player scenario), so I'm actually more inclined to blame them, especially if $5 really IS the intended price, but they aren't allowed to charge at that and can't have/don't want disparity between platforms. At any rate glad I grabbed it yesterday!

Though it's doubly bad since I suspect $7 is a deliberate choice for making something SEEm cheaper, only that you'd have to buy $10 worth of points anyway. Which is utterly irrelevant on Steam and to a lesser extent PSN ($5 minimum charge, but that just means $.01 over on $4.99 DLC, and that'd be eaten up by anything above $5).

jediyoshi

Pid up on Steam.
Steamplay, achievements
Doesn't have the controller supported tag displayed for some reason

header_292x136.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/218740/
$10

Tomodachi

That howlongtobeat.com website posted above is awesome. I used a backlog site before but it was nowhere as good, with an integrated database and all.

According to it I only need 32 days straight to play through my Steam backlog, considering only those I definitely want to try (a lot of games was left out because I couldn't honestly even remember why/when I got them). Good to know.

Now to add my console games (not an actual backlog there, I tend to finish a game before buying another one with physical releases).

BTW I'm Tomodachi over there too, so add me if you want.

Nabs

Yep. 7 bucks is a Microsoft thing. It's weird, because I'm sure it was also 5 on PSN. I wonder if they jacked up the price there as well.

Salsa

Ive been avoiding posting deals like this on the steam thread since it came off as sorta spammy and pissed off some people (I agree that it might not be the best place for it), but since ive seen some people bummed about missing Hitman: Absolution on the cheap for previous deals I figured might as well. Havent seen any meaningful deals on the Professional Edition either.

If anyone hasn't pre-ordered yet, a buddy of mine is looking to sell a Professional Edition copy of the game ($60 on Steam) he got, for $35, wich is $10 cheaper than the price for the regular edition on Steam, and $2 more expensive than what GMG is selling the regular edition right now.

Apparently this edition comes with some gun DLC, art-book etc. Might be worth the 2 extra bucks to someone.

So yeah, if anyone wants to jump on that rather than getting the regular edition let me know through PM, I think it's a pretty good deal so I figured what the hell

camerooni

Neo Member
It's not a problem per se, just a limitation of the new CDS. Best you can do is queue what you want to download.

The annoying thing is you can't right click and 'add to queue'.. when you start a new download it is given priority and pauses, suspends, locks up the whole freaking computer, until it starts downloading the new one.. its sort of an anti-download queue ATM.. fucking queue jumpers!

catabarez

Ive been avoiding posting deals like this on the steam thread since it came off as sorta spammy and pissed off some people (I agree that it might not be the best place for it), but since ive seen some people bummed about missing Hitman: Absolution on the cheap for previous deals I figured might as well. Havent seen any meaningful deals on the Professional Edition either.

If anyone hasn't pre-ordered yet, a buddy of mine is looking to sell a Professional Edition copy of the game ($60 on Steam) he got, for $35, wich is $10 cheaper than the price for the regular edition on Steam, and $2 more expensive than what GMG is selling the regular edition right now.

Apparently this edition comes with some gun DLC, art-book etc. Might be worth the 2 extra bucks to someone.

So yeah, if anyone wants to jump on that rather than getting the regular edition let me know through PM, I think it's a pretty good deal so I figured what the hell

I may be interested, got any more deals like this? :p

Nymerio

From Tony on CAG: The next weekly Amazon deal will be LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes, LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4, and LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 for $13.99. ALL of their main pages specifically list Steam Activation as a requirement. The weekly deal the weekend after the upcoming LEGO deal will be Prototype 1 + 2 + Radnet DLC for $12.49. Prototype 1 is NOT Steam Activated.

Ha, I've been waiting for the Lego games. Hopefully the Star Wars games will go on sale too sometime.

Salsa

You make everything sound so shady Salsa

he's a dude who does some work at GamersGate from time to time and gets paid in games. Often doesnt play said games so he tries to sell them on the cheap. I guess it is shady (although afaik GG is cool with it) but when you consider every kind of deal wether iffy/caused by an error/etc still gets posted I figured it's ok. I still dont intend to spam with shit like this and just figured someone maybe wanted to bite.

Echoplx

he's a dude who does some work at GamersGate from time to time and gets paid in games. Often doesnt play said games so he tries to sell them on the cheap. I guess it is shady (although afaik GG is cool with it) but when you consider every kind of deal wether iffy/caused by an error/etc still gets posted I figured it's ok. I still dont intend to spam with shit like this and just figured someone maybe wanted to bite.

I didn't say it was shady, I said you make it sound shady :p

graywolf323

GMG is selling the Professional Edition

Salsa

GMG is selling the Professional Edition

yeah but the one that comes down to $33 is the regular one right?

at least in my region

if im mistaken then disregard that and just get it there, cause if it's the professional edition that's the best deal out there

kinda shitty how the NA store just lists the Professional Edition at the Regular's price when both show up on my region and at different (prof more expensive) prices.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
That howlongtobeat.com website posted above is awesome. I used a backlog site before but it was nowhere as good, with an integrated database and all.

According to it I only need 32 days straight to play through my Steam backlog, considering only those I definitely want to try (a lot of games was left out because I couldn't honestly even remember why/when I got them). Good to know.

Now to add my console games (not an actual backlog there, I tend to finish a game before buying another one with physical releases).

BTW I'm Tomodachi over there too, so add me if you want.

Started as a GAF thread. I try to link it as often as possible because it is freaking awesome.

BioHazard

YES

great deals

I've the following codes to give out. Quite this post with the one you want and I'll PM it to you.

Wizorb
Vessel, Torchlight, Rochard, SPAZ, Shatter
Dustforce
Wizorb, Bit Trip Runner, Gratuitous Space Battles, Jamestown
Alien Breed 2
Alien Breed 3
CreaVures
Kaptain Brawe
Dangerous High School Girls in Trouble
King's Bounty - The Legend
Tropico 3
Oddworld Stranger's Wrath HD
To the Moon
Blackwell Deception
Lead and Gold
Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse (full season)
Home

Tropico 3 plz

I've the following codes to give out. Quite this post with the one you want and I'll PM it to you.

Wizorb
Dustforce
Alien Breed 2
Alien Breed 3
CreaVures
Kaptain Brawe
Tropico 3
To the Moon
Blackwell Deception
Lead and Gold
Home

Dustforce plz!

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

Wizorb
Dustforce
Alien Breed 2
Alien Breed 3
CreaVures
Kaptain Brawe
Tropico 3
To the Moon
Blackwell Deception
Lead and Gold
Home

To The Moon sir?

mannerbot

Wizorb
Dustforce
Alien Breed 2
Alien Breed 3
CreaVures
Kaptain Brawe
Tropico 3
To the Moon
Blackwell Deception
Lead and Gold
Home

Stranger's Wrath please?

Salsa

Wizorb
Dustforce
Alien Breed 2
Alien Breed 3
CreaVures
Kaptain Brawe
Tropico 3
To the Moon
Blackwell Deception
Lead and Gold
Home

to the moon?

edit: derp too late. Id take the latest Blackwell if that's alright

Blablurn

Wizorb
Dustforce
Alien Breed 2
Alien Breed 3
CreaVures
Kaptain Brawe
Tropico 3
To the Moon
Blackwell Deception
Lead and Gold
Home
home please

Wizorb
Dustforce
Alien Breed 2
Alien Breed 3
CreaVures
Kaptain Brawe
Tropico 3
To the Moon
Blackwell Deception
Lead and Gold
Home

Home?

EDIT

beat

blackwell deception?

Eid

Wizorb
Dustforce
Alien Breed 2
Alien Breed 3
CreaVures
Kaptain Brawe
Tropico 3
To the Moon
Blackwell Deception
Lead and Gold
Home

spaz?

cicero

Wizorb
Dustforce
Alien Breed 2
Alien Breed 3
CreaVures
Kaptain Brawe
Tropico 3
To the Moon
Blackwell Deception
Lead and Gold
Home

Wizorb

louiedog

Wizorb
Dustforce
Alien Breed 2
Alien Breed 3
CreaVures
Kaptain Brawe
Tropico 3
To the Moon
Blackwell Deception
Lead and Gold
Home

Wizorb
Dustforce
Alien Breed 2
Alien Breed 3
CreaVures
Kaptain Brawe
Tropico 3
To the Moon
Blackwell Deception
Lead and Gold
Home

Creavures? Please and thank you

Tess3ract

Banned

Wizorb
Dustforce
Alien Breed 2
Alien Breed 3
CreaVures
Kaptain Brawe
Tropico 3
To the Moon
Blackwell Deception
Lead and Gold
Home
Wizorb please

factorone

Neo Member

Wizorb
Dustforce
Alien Breed 2
Alien Breed 3
CreaVures
Kaptain Brawe
Tropico 3
To the Moon
Blackwell Deception
Lead and Gold
Home

Lead & Gold?

AIRic

Wizorb
Dustforce
Alien Breed 2
Alien Breed 3
CreaVures
Kaptain Brawe
Tropico 3
To the Moon
Blackwell Deception
Lead and Gold
Home

Rochard please!

Wizorb
Dustforce
Alien Breed 2
Alien Breed 3
CreaVures
Kaptain Brawe
Tropico 3
To the Moon
Blackwell Deception
Lead and Gold
Home
Blackwell Deception would be awesome. Thanks!

Zeliard

Wizorb
Dustforce
Alien Breed 2
Alien Breed 3
CreaVures
Kaptain Brawe
Tropico 3
To the Moon
Blackwell Deception
Lead and Gold
Home

King's Bounty plox

catabarez

Wizorb
Dustforce
Alien Breed 2
Alien Breed 3
CreaVures
Kaptain Brawe
Tropico 3
To the Moon
Blackwell Deception
Lead and Gold
Home

To the Moon

edit: dammit :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom