• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mairu

Damn. I wasn't sure if they would have coupons again or if they were switching to only those bonuses/credits from buying games from them. I bought Sleeping Dogs DLC yesterday and SPAZ when the Halloween sale launch, not that the discount on those from GMG is really significant

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
They Bleed Pixels is pretty great. Really reminds me of Super Meatboy with combat.
Yes? Is it worth it? Bear in mind that I already have a considerable backlog.

Costume Quest appears to have a bug in it where the GPU usage skyrockets up to 99% on the pause menu and other areas. Perhaps that is what you are experiencing.
Mmm, it happens during gameplay also. The reason I thought about a hardware problem was because I actually had slowdowns due to overheating before, and they stopped happening once I gave the cooler and heat sink a well deserved cleaning. I'd do it tonight if I wasn't so lazy, but as I am I'll probably postpone it till the weekend.

They also have a Space sale going on and have both Red Faction Guerilla and Red Faction Armaggedon at $5 a pop
So far I've only played the first 2 games on my PS2 - I enjoyed the first, the other one was crap. I also have Guerilla for GFWL but haven't played it yet, is Armageddon worth it?

Ledsen

So far I've only played the first 2 games on my PS2 - I enjoyed the first, the other one was crap. I also have Guerilla for GFWL but haven't played it yet, is Armageddon worth it?

I don't think so, Stallion Free (I think) does! My main gripe was that although the weapons and destruction are fantastic, the level design is corridor -> corridor -> corridor and above all, the enemies are some of the most boring I've ever faced. Endless hordes of cannon fodder insects.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Guerilla is like this bland open world where you end up fast traveling as much as possible to avoid driving around the tedium.

Armaggedon is mindless shooting corridor after corridor, but you are constantly seeing the amazing destruction and the game doesn't make you wade through a shitty open world to get to it.

Ledsen

Guerilla is like this bland open world where you end up fast traveling as much as possible to avoid driving around the tedium.

Armaggedon is mindless shooting corridor after corridor, but you are constantly seeing the amazing destruction and the game doesn't make you wade through a shitty open world to get to it.

I haven't played Guerilla yet but it seems like the games are two extremes and a third game could've been the perfect mix... sigh.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Red Faction II

Greatest Game Ever

First time trying to run it.
*Insert CD*
CD?

After fixing that problem.
*You need at least 8MB of video ram to run this game*
Haha, this happened to me too when I tried to run it. Turns out the CD problem was because Windows didn't recognise my DVD drive due to a driver problem with the SATA controller card. The solution I found was creating a virtual drive using Daemon Tools. I haven't launched the game since I fixed the DVD drive problems, so I can't tell if it will work now.

HoosTrax

Same here - my Steam name is the same as my GAF name. I love reading my Friends feed and seeing what games people are buying and playing.

Eideka

Banned
Anyone pumped for Painkiller Hell & Damnation ?

I'm going to have a blast playing it, too bad that not all levels of the original will make it. :(

At least the add on Battle Out of Hell is here.

Red Faction Guerrilla is my, "Game of the generation." Make sure to play it on easy, otherwise the game is a chore.

Seriously, once you unlock the jet pack the game becomes AMAZING.

KNT-Zero

WTF? I live in the UK and I want to get They Bleed Pixels and Vampire Masquerade from here (and pay in pounds), but they won't let me since my card is not from the UK, even with Paypal.

The option they give me is to pay in €, which is actually more expensive than the price in pounds. As I said, WTF Valve?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Kickstarter for The Ship 2 is up. I assume it'll be on Steam given that one of the reward tiers gets you 5 copies of the original game.

God damn it what is with this pledging in pounds shit. Give me 'Murican money.

Also, what's up with the pledge amounts? I hit the 16 pound option and it shows 19 pounds because I'm outside the UK. But I don't think I'm getting anything physical, so why the added 3 pounds? I'm sure if I drop it to 16 it'll be okay, but it just breeds confusion.

The asking amount to get the game is kind of high, too. And I'm a fan of the original Ship and Bloody Good Time.

Fantomex

Anyone pumped for Painkiller Hell & Damnation ?

I'm going to have a blast playing it, too bad that not all levels of the original will make it. :(

At least the add on Battle Out of Hell is here.

To this day Painkiller never got the hype/credit it deserved.

Sober

Red Faction Guerrilla is my, "Game of the generation." Make sure to play it on easy, otherwise the game is a chore.

Guerilla felt super bland to me. I played it only for 3 hours or so. JC2 is still the best open world there is. If only it had RFG levels of destruction though.

JustinBB7

Does anybody remember what the number of players peak was for Skyrim on launch day (and day after that or so)?

Dota 2 is at 172,008 peak right now, I think Skyrim either had 180k or 230k, not sure.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Should I get Nexuiz? SteamGAF, impressions plz.
Ugliest FPS I have ever played. Even if there is a good game in there somewhere (didn't seem like it) nothing could ever be worth suffering that hideous garbage. Play the demo if you're curious, though you'll regret wasting time on that rather than getting a demo of a good game.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Should I get Nexuiz? SteamGAF, impressions plz.

I played the Beta and it isn't bad - just not special. It uses the CryEngine, so it looks okay but might not perform well on your machine.

The more important thing to consider is what the online community is like. I don't own the game, so I don't have first hand experience, but I'd imagine the online community isn't thriving either.

At the same time, 1.87 isn't bad even for just curiosity's sake.

jediyoshi

ABANDON SHIP

pOLRc.jpg

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist

RF:G's difficulty was the best thing going for it. It was hilariously broken and it frequently made for some yackety sax style chases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom