• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

LogicStep

Yes, tell your friend to download the game, and wait a minute or so, after that he has to pause the download and overwrite the corresponding directory in windows, usually /steam/steamapps/common/gamename. After that he has to check properties>local files>game>verify integrity of game cache and steam will do the rest.

Thanks very much!

Ardvent

Anyone interested in splitting a 4-pack for Borderlands 2 ($45 a copy via paypal, i'll buy it).

I also have two steam community beta invites that i'm looking to give away.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Din's Curse? That was like the quintessential "proof that Steam is bad for Indies because they wouldn't let Din's Curse on the service!!!!"

dot

Yeah i restarted steam too and now it's downloading.

The demo is about 3 gbs if anyone is wondering. Curious to see how my computer runs it.

Yeah i restarted steam too and now it's downloading.

The demo is about 3 gbs if anyone is wondering. Curious to see how my computer runs it.

Had to restart the client also, but then it downloaded the demo pretty quickly.

Not that impressed by what I saw from it though. Seems like a solid title if you don´t have anything else to play, but not something you prioritize over that many other games.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'm wondering whether I should make a thread about rejected and missing games....

There really won't be anything to list once Greenlight really revs up and provided Valve are active stewards of the results page--well, except the 8,000,000 pound elephant in the room, but that wasn't a case of being rejected by Steam, that was a case of the developer not needing Steam to make buckets of cash.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I can't wait for the even more depressing Livejournal entries of devs who first bitched about Steam rejecting them and then the whole community rejecting them through Greenlight.

There really won't be anything to list once Greenlight really revs up and provided Valve are active stewards of the results page--well, except the 8,000,000 pound elephant in the room, but that wasn't a case of being rejected by Steam, that was a case of the developer not needing Steam to make buckets of cash.

True enough, on second thought a "Steam Greenlight Hype Thread!!!" doesn't sound that useful. It's coming soon anyway.

I can't wait for the even more depressing Livejournal entries of devs who first bitched about Steam rejecting them and then the whole community rejecting them through Greenlight.

:lol

1) Link to this madness.

2) Greenlight is going to be interesting. The last huge company to do something like this was DC with Zuda. And we all know how Zuda turned out.

Rapstah

What game is the 3.629 * 10^6 kilogram elephant in the room? Minecraft wasn't rejected, so I'm assuming it's something else...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom