• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

ngt

If you missed last Revelations 2012 sale you don't need to cry, it will in the next Be Mine bundle! Games: Guns of Icarus, Revelations 2012, Laxius Force, Metal Drift, Zero Gear.

If you missed last Revelations 2012 sale you don't need to cry, it will in the next Be Mine bundle! Games: Guns of Icarus, Revelations 2012, Laxius Force, Metal Drift, Zero Gear.

Nice. Really wanna try this bad game ;)

Btw. anyone wants some -75% Nexuiz Code? Got it through raptr.
One code is 75% off Nexuiz 4pack and then I have 3 codes for the nexuiz DLC, also -75%.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Nice, I don't own any of those. When is it going live?

Euphor!a

Banned
When does GMG usually send out their Steam keys for pre-order games?

Steam has the Dark Souls release date as the 23rd, but GMG has it as the 24th, are people that ordered from GMG going to get it late?

Blizzard

Banned
Maybe I should see if there's a Steam beta available. I had yet another 5-10 minute session of hard disk chugging and Steam being unresponsive thanks to a TF2/DOTA 2 patch. </first world problems>

ShaneB

LoG is a game I need to play one of these days. The fact that it's confirmed that it will be getting Workshop support is terrific.

Thanks!

Man, I wish Steam skin has some update notification feature like Firefox plugins.

After using Pixelvision for a while, I switched back to just the default Steam client. The small text with Pixelvision was annoying me more than I realized. There are a few other skins that look pretty neat that I will check out.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Maybe I should see if there's a Steam beta available. I had yet another 5-10 minute session of hard disk chugging and Steam being unresponsive thanks to a TF2/DOTA 2 patch. </first world problems>

Did you try the Windows 7 update that supposedly fixes that Windows issue?

Mohonky

Just wanting to vent.

Fuck Steam when you have no internet. Recently moved and my internet connection consists of a demo house down the bottom of the street with an access point for wifi. The signal is piss poor and was down for 2 days. The entire time any game associated with steam was useless. Try to start game. Steam can't connect, would you like to start in offline mode? Yes. Steam could not connect to network, shutting down. The fuck??

Yet GFWL worked fine........

Seriously Valve that shit is fucking annoying.

Ledsen

Just wanting to vent.

Fuck Steam when you have no internet. Recently moved and my internet connection consists of a demo house down the bottom of the street with an access point for wifi. The signal is piss poor and was down for 2 days. The entire time any game associated with steam was useless. Try to start game. Steam can't connect, would you like to start in offline mode? Yes. Steam could not connect to network, shutting down. The fuck??

Yet GFWL worked fine........

Seriously Valve that shit is fucking annoying.

They supposedly fixed that with yesterday's update, but maybe that was only for the beta? In another thread the explanation was that if you don't shut Steam down correctly, you won't be able to start it again without internet access. If you do, you can go straight to offline mode no problem.

Rapstah

They supposedly fixed that with yesterday's update, but maybe that was only for the beta? In another thread the explanation was that if you don't shut Steam down correctly, you won't be able to start it again without internet access. If you do, you can go straight to offline mode no problem.

I got an update with that as a bullet point and I am not in the beta.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Yesterday's update was a stable release.

Mohonky

Update yesterday? Only got the internet going again today and saw no update?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I have a backup of my steam games folder which is about 18 months old now. I just bought a laptop that should be ok for gaming. Is it worth copying across the folder (about 100GB) and letting steam download zillions of patches etc, or should I just start from scratch and redownload the ones I want to play?

MNC

I have a backup of my steam games folder which is about 18 months old now. I just bought a laptop that should be ok for gaming. Is it worth copying across the folder (about 100GB) and letting steam download zillions of patches etc, or should I just start from scratch and redownload the ones I want to play?

100GB from scratch isn't that much (if you're not on bandwidth limits) so personally I'd go for the redownloading.

Giard

Click add non steam game, browse to steam game, rename shortcut to 'totally NOT the Sims 3'?
:lol

Pretty sure setting your status to offline through the Steam friends list is the only way. Click the dropdown arrow next to your name on the Steam friends list and select offline.
That kinda blows. As someone else said, there should be a way to remain able to send messages to people (and see if they're online) and not show the game you're playing.

Sure, your gf is.
:lol
Check my library, I don't have it. :p

drizzle

Axel Hertz
lol it's a FULL ONE DOLLAR AND THIRTY CENTS discount.

Technically, with the 75% off discount I got yesterday, I could buy Nexuiz four pack with that money.

But I won't and will buy that thing anyway.

I still hope the "superfan" is "people that bought our games" and not "people who liked our facebook page lawl" kinda thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom