• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anyway to get old keys from retail games, that are now Steam, to activate on Steam? Like my retail COD4 key from the actual release box, I've tried activating it and doesn't work. Open a support ticket and beg Valve?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Is there anyway to get old keys from retail games, that are now Steam, to activate on Steam? Like my retail COD4 key from the actual release box, I've tried activating it and doesn't work. Open a support ticket and beg Valve?

Nope. Been hoping for them to go back and do some older games so I can use my Doom 3 and Unreal Tournament 2K4 keys but you're out of luck unless you want to rebuy them with monies.

Im_Special

So I just read about a small little fix you can do for Windows 7 at least, to make Steam's interface much quicker to load and should make it overall feel snappier. Enter control panel > internet options > connections > LAN settings, then uncheck "Automatic detect settings", that's it your done.

So if you feel like Steam is sluggish it might be worth a shot.

HoosTrax

I'd go veteran
Veteran, normal is way too easy.
I'm generally bad at videogames, but Veteran seemed like a good mix for me, even though I hadn't played Torchlight in forever. If you have multiple players then Veteran can probably get tough later in the game.

I think I have a character that's level 18 or so, if I ever get back into playing it. I wish the game's performance was better on an ATI 5850 though. :(
Veteran seems to be working out a lot better.

This game seems to have the same problem I had with the first game though -- not enough loot variety (in terms of visuals). Falls far, far short of Titan Quest in that regard.

Santiako

So I just read about a small little fix you can do for Windows 7 at least, to make Steam's interface much quicker to load and should make it overall feel snappier. Enter control panel > internet options > connections > LAN settings, then uncheck "Automatic detect settings", that's it your done.

Thanks, no idea what that does, but it runs much better now.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

Won't it affect any other software or web browser?

XShagrath

Does anyone still need autumnseal codes? I've got plenty of:

Rochard 50%
Legend of Grimrock 50%

and a couple

Trine Complete 75%
Alan Wake American Nightmare 50%

PM if you would like any of those.

Lain

Since I took a Legend of Grimrock code before, I'll contribute the codes I got:

50% Alan Wake's American Nightmare Steam discount coupon

50% Alan Wake Collector's Edition Steam discount coupon

xJavonta

Banned

Works on Windows 8 too.

Yeah I know I had that (recently broke) but I kind of wanted the wireless one as the wired one won't reach my couch :(
Do you have any x360 controllers at all? I just bought a generic wireless adapter and it works with my wireless x360 controllers on both Windows 7 and 8. Got it on Amazon for $15

def sim

Coupon dump!

Remedy Entertainment: -50% Alan Wake Collector's Edition Steam discount coupon

Key: I34XL-76QZW-9CGQZ

Recoil Games: -75% Rochard Steam discount coupon

Key: V7FWW-PHMF5-3JQPX

Key: 5P9HD-LX0NQ-26CG3

Frozenbyte: -75% Trine Complete Collection Steam discount coupon

Key: I0M2X-N8JKR-Z8DF7

Key: HHTF9-HMA84-2J39K

Key: ADGTK-3JV3X-H5WPY

Almost Human: -50% Legend of Grimrock Steam discount coupon

Key: ANFGD-3LJ2N-PRZTQ

Coupon dump!

Key: I34XL-76QZW-9CGQZ

Key: V7FWW-PHMF5-3JQPX

Key: 5P9HD-LX0NQ-26CG3

Key: I0M2X-N8JKR-Z8DF7

Key: HHTF9-HMA84-2J39K

Key: ADGTK-3JV3X-H5WPY

Almost Human: -50% Legend of Grimrock Steam discount coupon

Key: ANFGD-3LJ2N-PRZTQ

Took the Grimrock code, thanks

In the future though, you might wanna put the keys in email coding so they don't get snatched up by lurkers

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
It makes my browsing on Chrome faster as well. :)
It has something to do with how Windows aquires settings for proxies. So if you don't use one there's no negative side to this.
Thanks, I've just done it. I almost never browse the Steam store from the client though, I do it from my browser.

3 new mystery achievements have been added to Borderlands 2, I no longer have the game 100% completed, so I guess the next add-on is incoming.

I sincerely hope they unfuck the end-game in Captain Scarlet and don't make matters worse with this new add-on. There is virtually no reason to farm Hyperius or Master Gee, the rewards for beating them are so damned awful and their terrible design encourages busted Legendary loadouts. It almost seems like both were a response to what people ended up doing to Terramorphous with the Bee and Conference Call. Hyperius and Gee barely drop any Seraphim crystals, the bosses are locked behind a time gate and Seraphim weapons are worse than Legendaries and some lvl 50 purples.

The design of Captain Scarlet's end-game pretty much had exactly the opposite effect of what Gearbox intended, rather than draw out the life of the add-on their terrible design choices killed it and my desire to even play Borderlands 2. First add-on was a swing and a miss, here's hoping the second one isn't.

def sim

Took the Grimrock code, thanks

In the future though, you might wanna put the keys in email coding so they don't get snatched up by lurkers

Oh, sure I'll try that here. Quote for codes.

Holy cow, I just realised I haven't played Half life 2 episode 1. I always thought that was just HL2 renamed once they began releasing episodes... Looks like a series replay is in order, but is there a valve sale going on somewhere at the moment so I can pick up ep1 for cheap? (and is that sale available outside of the US?).

KarmaCow

Holy cow, I just realised I haven't played Half life 2 episode 1. I always thought that was just HL2 renamed once they began releasing episodes... Looks like a series replay is in order, but is there a valve sale going on somewhere at the moment so I can pick up ep1 for cheap? (and is that sale available outside of the US?).

Signs point to a sale in about 2 weeks but I'm sure there is someone out there with a copy of HL:EP1 out there that wants to get rid of it.

Signs point to a sale in about 2 weeks but I'm sure there is someone out there with a copy of HL:EP1 out there that wants to get rid of it.

Thanks for the tip, here's hoping valve notices my lack of that game and promptly sends me one of those random coupons for 50% off valve games.

AIRic

I can gift it to you. Just PM me your email :D

Kapow

Made it much faster for me. Thanks for that

yoshizzle

-50% Legend of Grimrock Steam discount coupon
QXVN0-QHANC-W9TAK

-50% Legend of Grimrock Steam discount coupon
CF0J2-Y5MKZ-IITK5

-50% Alan Wake Collector's Edition Steam discount coupon
R58JI-MXKIZ-WLXVZ

VALIS

Still a big blow to game count enthusiasts. :(

steamemergency2012aausn.png
steamstalin5uu00.png

2j3s3us46y97.gif

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
JaseC would like to have a word with you.

I'm 410 ahead of him and we're both missing a lot of games that aren't on Steam anymore. One of my Australian friends has over 3000 though and it drives him insane that he's missing a few that he'll never get.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm 410 ahead of him and we're both missing a lot of games that aren't on Steam anymore. One of my Australian friends has over 3000 though and it drives him insane that he's missing a few that he'll never get.
Three fucking thousand games? Yeah, does he own the games, or do the games own him?

Tizoc

Blackwell Legacy, Convergence, Unbound (highly recommend).
Hamlet
Dream Machine
Ben There, Dan That! + Time Gentlemen, Please!

I notice that there's a Blackwell Bundle for $20, containing all 4 games, I wouldn't mind getting this bundle if all 4 games are good.

Also I asked about this in the Point n' Click thread, but wanted to get some more impressions from here; I'm thinking of getting the Sherlock Holmes Bundle from Steam, but would like a few additional impressions before I get it.
I was advised that the best game in the bundle is the Silver Earring, while the others are hit or miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom