• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm replaying first two dungeons of Darksiders again since my saves got lost somehow and it's crashing every hour or so. Makes it rather tedious to work through the game for Darksiders 2 :-/

Derrick01

Banned
I'm replaying first two dungeons of Darksiders again since my saves got lost somehow and it's crashing every hour or so. Makes it rather tedious to work through the game for Darksiders 2 :-/

Just wait til you get to the second game. You don't know the word tedious until you do play it.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Thanks to Spin for the gift of Puddle out of nowhere. Was planning on picking it up, hoping it's more interesting than And Yet It Moves (wouldn't take much) ;)

Just wait til you get to the second game. You don't know the word tedious until you do play it.

I can stomach a lot as long as the combat is competent. Crashes on the other hand...

I just killed Tiamat, moving to the next Chosen one which I already beat in my lost savegame. It's funny, I like the combat less the second time around but I appreciate the dungeon design more.

Silex

They have played 341 games of the 3,529 games they have bought.
Just under 10% actually booted and played.
Of course not including sales the steam calculator says it found 1675 Games with a value of
$24258.48 USD.

Didn't realise there were people out there who collected digital products.

You must be new here
but yea, that guy is a little extreme

allansm

I can stomach a lot as long as the combat is competent. Crashes on the other hand...

I just killed Tiamat, moving to the next Chosen one which I already beat in my lost savegame. It's funny, I like the combat less the second time around but I appreciate the dungeon design more.

If you like Prince of Persia style platforming you won't be bored.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Are you liking it? I got to the first dungeon's boss and called it quits. Maybe I'll get back to it someday and try to finish the game. Maybe...

Santiako

I started Darksiders 2 today, I'm a couple hours in, so far I'm really liking it, but it is super weird how they went from zelda in the original to prince of Persia meets Diablo in the sequel.

I need a Mark of the Ninja sale asap.

Are you liking it? I got to the first dungeon's boss and called it quits. Maybe I'll get back to it someday and try to finish the game. Maybe...

Yup, I still think it's pretty great but as I said, the combat isn't exactly my cup of tea. It's in an uncomfortable place between Zelda and Devil May Cry where it gives you a lot of moves but lacks the fluidity to make it really good because a lot of the enemies have too much HP but lack any real challenge. I prefer the 2-3 hits in Zelda tbh.

2 things; thanks to Xel for the prototype overload, both games and dlc was a nice surprise at 5am :)

also, I just switched over to Telstra cable extreme and changed my download location in the Steam settings. now I max out at 9mb/s, so I thought I'd come and gloat.

yay managed to find a 360 wireless controller at my local best buy...they actually had a shit ton of them so got to save some money with shipping if I ordered from Amazon. BTW, works fine on Windows 8 for those interested.

HoosTrax

2 new bits of info for Blops 2 on PC. They will be increasing FOV to 90 and onscreen control hints will hotswap when switching between kb+m and controller

https://twitter.com/pcdev
It's kind of appalling to think that there was a point where the PC version wasn't 90 FOV.

I recently booted Borderlands 1 back up to check something, and I had barely taken a few steps before I could feel a headache coming on. Playing BL2 at 100 FOV feels so good in comparision -- zero adjustment period.

dunno why they don't just include a slider in the advanced options. also, is it really right to celebrate the fact that a PC game in 2012 supports control hot swapping? it should just be assumed at this point.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
It's kind of appalling to think that there was a point where the PC version wasn't 90 FOV.

I recently booted Borderlands 1 back up to check something, and I had barely taken a few steps before I could feel a headache coming on. Playing BL2 at 100 FOV feels so good in comparision -- zero adjustment period.
Depends on how they're calculating the FOV. There's vertical and horizontal FOV, and 90 is fisheye territory for vertical FOV. I usually roll with 75. 90 is the traditional standard for horizontal FOV.

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Field_of_view_(FOV)#Vertical_And_Horizontal_FOV

camerooni

Neo Member
lol ea games amirite

to be fair, I actually don't buy ea games any more so I didn't know that ;)

I'm the same.. I forget EA games have come out if they're not showing up on the Steam store </fanboi>

The only game on my radar is Sim City and they've already convinced me not to buy that with all the crap that's going on.. deleting a road deletes the zones attached to it.. wtf?

jediyoshi

Ugh, one 360 game purchase at full price and I'm out of commission joining steam sales forever. Hurt a bit missing lego batman 2 and prototype.

Is any of the Dead Rising 2: OTR DLC worth getting? I'm thinking just the skill packs, $5 just to unlock cheats is not something I want to reward Capcom for.

Also, any tweaks to get it to run not like shit? I think it's the DOF. I turned blur off, but my system isn't coping too well no matter how I play my settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom