• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't speak to the quality or substance of the content, but if you'd like to save a few bucks, just pick up the regular edition and buy the DLC when it goes on sale.

Thanks. I just went with the regular version. Can't beat that $7.49 price. Downloading now.

I probably should do this, but I just like to have everything available to me if I feel the urge to play. The internet here isn't exactly blistering fast, so if I wanted to play something like Max Payne 3, I'd be waiting a couple of days... lol.

Having fewer games installed also helps keep the backlog in check because you're focused on a small number of games instead of having a bunch of different games in varying stages of (in)completion.

This theory is totally bogus but at least it sounds sensible.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Does anyone here use Steam Limiter or similar programs? I've been using it for a while and it works well for the most part, but the last couple of nights it has downloaded around 24GB of data from other servers. Why? Shouldn't it refuse the connection?

I queued up a bunch of downloads before I went to bed at about one, it seemed to be working ok then (well it let some through) but then it all went to hell.

RiIri.png

I still have probably 100 odd games to redownload since upgrading to Windows 8, so whilst 24GB isn't a big deal, if it continues to mess up I will hit my cap... I really don't want that.

Although I'm on an unlimited plan with TPG, I recently began using Steam Manager to block all but Internode's quota-free content servers and it's worked flawlessly. (It's not quota I'm concerned about, but TPG's hopeless international speeds.)

Having fewer games installed also helps keep the backlog in check because you're focused on a small number of games instead of having a bunch of different games in varying stages of (in)completion.

This theory is totally bogus but at least it sounds sensible.
I'm all but resigned to the fact that I will never get through my Steam backlog. That said, if I did intend to try to knock it out, I agree that installing only a couple of games at a time would be the best way to do so.
Although I'm on an unlimited plan with TPG, I recently began using Steam Manager to block all but Internode's quota-free content servers and it's worked flawlessly. (It's not quota I'm concerned about, but TPG's hopeless international speeds.)
Thank you for this, I will give it a shot tonight.

wazoo

I have a superflous steam key for vessel/torchlight/rochard/SPAZ/Shater !!

I will give it free eventually, but if anyone has the discount for trine DLC, I will like it as well.

VaeVictis

Remedy Entertainment: -50% Alan Wake Collector's Edition Steam discount coupon

Key: IIP7W-G5HAC-LFXHJ

Remedy Entertainment: -50% Alan Wake's American Nightmare Steam discount coupon

Key: TBQJ7-RE5BN-Z47XR

Almost Human: -50% Legend of Grimrock Steam discount coupon

Key: Y6H5J-TZBVN-53F4J
Key: 3MCGA-YK49D-D686C

VaeVictis

Can't access Steam at work but is there a list of what is availble on sale/discount atm?

Frozenbyte
Trine 1 - 75% off
Trine 2 - 75% off
Trine Complete Collection - 75% off
Trine 2 DLC - 50% off

Remedy Entertainment
Alan Wake's American Nightmare - 50% off
Alan Wake's Colector's Collection - 50% off

Recoil Games
Rochard - 75% off

Almost Human
Legend of Grimrock - 50% off

Tizoc

Frozenbyte
Trine 1 - 75% off
Trine 2 - 75% off
Trine Complete Collection - 75% off
Trine 2 DLC - 50% off

Remedy Entertainment
Alan Wake's American Nightmare - 50% off
Alan Wake's Colector's Collection - 50% off

Recoil Games
Rochard - 75% off

Almost Human
Legend of Grimrock - 50% off

Thanks.

Remedy Entertainment: -50% Alan Wake Collector's Edition Steam discount coupon

Key: HCVYA-HIQ9H-YNZ0Z

Remedy Entertainment: -50% Alan Wake's American Nightmare Steam discount coupon

Key: N32YY-NG8KL-2466M

Recoil Games: -75% Rochard Steam discount coupon

Key: WCLQK-7H5CG-IGWYA

For anybody who bought Prototype, the game has some bug or whatever with newer cards, not letting you pick anything above like somethingsomethingX800. Just download the fix from Widescreen Gaming to play in your native resolution.

oipic

Hopefully of use to someone here...

-50% Alan Wake Collector's Edition:
3D886-JXCVK-V39FG

-50% Alan Wake's American Nightmare:
XVMK9-9HVMD-D8PEY

I'm having a hard time understanding the GFWL Legacy method. It says it has a 15 activation limit, but is it related to the number of installations, machines or accounts?

Edit: Installations it seems. Why do I keep buying these games?

hitoshi

-50% Legend of Grimrock Steam discount coupon

Key: IYB5P-R3EEE-6E79T
Key: D72IX-75J9A-DMKWZ
Key: KECWZ-7J8KV-4CWV6

-75% Rochard Steam discount coupon

Key: 53W9P-Y6XI4-VVY6M
Key: T3VLL-Y9KDR-CRTL7

Duriii

Here's a couple of Steam codes for games I already have there from the latest Humble Bundle. I finally figured out, how to do "Quote to reveal" type of thing, so maybe this time, someone from inside the forum will took it ;)

Crayon Physics Deluxe Steam Key

Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP Steam Key

Please notify if you took one.

Did a little marathon yesterday and finished Minerva`s Den DLC and last two chapters of Binary Domain. Minerva`s Den was suprisingly well crafted, it doesn`t look like it should be in the game from the start, since it's an side story to the main game, but it was created with the same attention to detail and story on the level of the Bioshock 2 itself. Which for 400 MS Points that I spend, is amazing achievment. Except GTA IV: Episodes from Liberty City, that probably had much higher budget, I don't remember any story driven DLC's that did this so well. Of course, it still has those awful spongebullet enemies, only couple of weapons and plasmids, that are actually useful, hard difficulty level that isn't hard and ingame economy, where for most of the time you spend your money just so you could hit it's in-game limit yet again. But it's more of an base game fault than DLC`s, so I guess I can really recommend Minerva's Den for those, that doesn't mind gameplay of this series and play mostly for it's story and atmosphere.

And Binary Domain? Well, what's to say here, it was AWESOME. Destruction of robots, instead of humans was a nice change, but it also had likable characters, good looking boss fights (even when they weren't that exciting from a gameplay perspective, to be honest), really good gunplay and even story, that was suprisingly good. It's such a shame multiplayer is dead, that voice function doesn't seemed to work on 2 microphones that I tried it on and chances of sequel are next to none...

And off to chose another games to play through from the list of over a hundred. Thank`s Steam...

Xanathus

Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP Steam Key
Took this, thanks.

For content: I just finished The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav. It's a great point-and-click adventure game that really throws back to the later era Sierra games like Quest For Glory 3 & 4, Shannara, Space Quest 5 which had a really unique art-style that made those games memorable. The game also includes technology advancements of other adventure games such as clickable object highlighting and auto-saving which makes the game a breeze to play-through. One negative point about the game is that some puzzles and methods of progression through the story requires you to perform somewhat inane actions (cat moustache anyone?) and these come up fairly frequently, about once per chapter.

Sini

-50% Legend of Grimrock Steam discount coupon

Key: IYB5P-R3EEE-6E79T
Key: D72IX-75J9A-DMKWZ
Key: KECWZ-7J8KV-4CWV6
Second key activated me Alan Wake CE discount for me.
Edit: At least it said that when I activated it. It's still Legend of Grimrock discount coupon in inventory.

graywolf323

where are all these coupons coming from? I wouldn't mind getting Trine 2: Goblin Menace at half off

nvm found the site

edit: damn it I spun 10 times and didn't get a single coupon much less the one I wanted >_<

justjim89

I need a bit of help deciding.

Dark Souls
X-COM
Dishonored

I can afford 2, but I really only want to buy one since my backlog is big enough. Should I just wait til the Christmas sale?

(Btw, how does Dark Souls control with KB+M?)

I need a bit of help deciding.

Dark Souls
X-COM
Dishonored

I can afford 2, but I really only want to buy one since my backlog is big enough. Should I just wait til the Christmas sale?

(Btw, how does Dark Souls control with KB+M?)

Terribly. If you don't have a controller buy XCOM. If you do, buy XCOM and Dark Souls.

Btw, GMG has XCOM @ 35% off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom