• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Exception being if it's 75% off just go ahead and pick it up at the Autumn Sale just in case, no point in waiting unless you're plan to buy the publisher pack or something.

Edit: Nevermind, missed rule #4 in general even though this is a bit at odds with it.
The publisher packs are only featured in the summer and winter sales, right?

Damn, my Steam noobness (is that even a word?) is totally showing now, even though I've had the account for 4 years.

THQ trying to make enough money to save itself.

In the next few week they'll be selling all of their games with a 90% discount in hopes of selling enough to cover their debts.
Space Marine for $3.75 confirmed! (I wish)

I'd like to counter-recommend Thomas Was Alone. I found it insultingly trite.
Shame, it looked really nice.

Zia

Not sure if this was posted, but Thirty Flights of Loving should now be available for download on Mac. One of the best games I've played this year.

Scavenger

Some other THQ games are on sale now at Get Games.

Saints Row The Third €7.49
Season Pass €3.49
Penthouse Pack+Witches & Wieners Pack €1.24

Warhammer 40k Space Marine €7.49
Metro 2033 €4.99
Darksiders 1 €4.99

Glix

66% off before the big Christmas sale and no DLC on sale? Watch it be 75% off including all DLC AND the season pass om Winter Sales and people complaining about it in the thread.

Not sure I agree here. If the IP gets sold off or something the new pub might not be this desperate. This is pretty cheap for an AAA game 3 months exactly from release.

Some other THQ games are on sale now at Get Games.

Saints Row The Third €7.49
Season Pass €3.49
Penthouse Pack+Witches & Wieners Pack €1.24

Warhammer 40k Space Marine €7.49
Metro 2033 €4.99
Darksiders 1 €4.99

Hold off on Space Marine and Metro 2033, if you're around for GameSpot/Amazon's Black Fridays flash deals you can get both (and Stalker SoC and a couple of other games) for $10.

I think I have figured out why Darksiders I is crashing on me. It seems that every time I Alt-Tab out of the game and back it goes into timebomb mode and randomly decides it wants to me to insult its creators' mothers.

1-D_FTW

...What autumn sale?

They had one last year (was actually the start of a bunch of mini-sales leading up to the Winter sale).

If it happens, it'll be next week. Black Friday is the big shopping day after Thanksgiving in the US. Think they had like a 5 day sale last year that coincided with this.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Oops, missed that, but it still kind of contradicts rule 2 of the Autumn Sale. =p

That's mostly because of my lack of proper writing skills and the fact that my line of thinking is a mess and most of the times I don't come back to.. better... word... proper... writing...

:D

Not sure I agree here. If the IP gets sold off or something the new pub might not be this desperate. This is pretty cheap for an AAA game 3 months exactly from release.
I doubt THQ will sell off Darksiders II before the xmas sale. They'll most likely use it as a last hurrah of collecting money.

Caerith

Since we're already dividing up THQ's estate, what should I look for in terms of a (non-Space Marine) Warhammer/Dawn of War sale?

jediyoshi

New Sleeping Dogs DLC

Square Enix Character Pack $1.99
rNOvB.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/215257/

Dragon Master Pack - bunch of old DLC in a pack $7.99 (saves $7)
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/18089/

Grief.exe

I've played 1-4 of the Call of Duty series, but I haven't played any since then.

For the modern ones, I will at least admit that I can see why they are popular but I personally prefer competitive shooters to casual ones.

I would like to try the game again. Whats the cheapest price you guys have seen for one of the older games? I would prefer the first Black Ops since I have a couple friends with that game.

I would personally value these game at less than $5, but I know Activision never really decreases their prices. After CoD 4 they all activate on Steam, would be nice to find a boxed copy from somewhere trying to liquidate stock.

MRORANGE

First person to use this avatar and promises to keep it for a the rest of the year gets a copy of the Sleeping Dogs: Square Enix Character Pack

iuD6e30ugb1ss.png

Blizzard

Banned
He looks either a little like a classic alien with a huge brain, or one off those pictures where they take the face and shrink it slightly. :p

derFeef

He looks either a little like a classic alien with a huge brain, or one off those pictures where they take the face and shrink it slightly. :p

Or one of those bad "bald makeups" you see in cheap TV shows. Where you can see the hair underneath it because of the size.

GWFL crappiness has gone way to far. I can't activate GTAIV on GWFL, it says my key is invalid.

Apparently I'm not the only one having this problem. I could search for a solution but I won't, I'm done with this shit.

I'll just play it offline.

GWFL crappiness has gone way to far. I can't activate GTAIV on GWFL, it says my key is invalid.

Apparently I'm not the only one having this problem. I could search for a solution but I won't, I'm done with this shit.

I'll just play it offline.

It's been that way for months, at least since the Summer Sale.

There's no reason to play it online, I think there's a patch you can dl and install all old school like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom