• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Try The Book of Unwritten Tales. It still has puzzles that have some kooky solutions but they aren't bizarre and completely illogical. And the best part is, the game is divided into sections so the solution of any puzzle you're currently on will span 5-6 screens (locations) at most. As a result, you'll never have to wander around or backtrack to solve puzzles.

Will do. Thanks for the suggestion!

I'd totally get it if I hadn't promised myself I wouldn't buy another game this month.

And I kinda accepted that I'll lose the bet against Glass Rebel, the man's a sniping machine :(

hohoho

I'm third on my friend leaderboard

I've heard great things about Spec Ops but I'm in no hurry to play it. Not like I expect it to be removed from Steam, unlike Darksiders II.

Almyn

Spec Ops is now out of stock at Green man gaming. That happened with the Crusader Kings 2 DLC that was on sale the other day also. Running these sales isn't good if you're gonna run out of stock a couple hours after it starts. :(

Yes I am just bitter I missed out on it

kswiston

So we are expecting an autumn sale this Wed/Thurs right?

There have been a lot of interesting indie releases that I am hoping to snag either during the holiday sale or the autumn sale.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Spec Ops is now the daily deal at Green Man Gaming at $7.49, but with the 20% off voucher GMG20-1FYLZ-EDG8R you can get it for $5.99.

edit: Shad'O $2.2 with the voucher too at that site.

Damn. They're apparently out of keys at the moment (or listed as "out of stock," if there's a difference). Hopefully they get some more in later.

Edit: Confirmed via Twitter:

Looks like we ran out of some keys pretty damn quick there for Spec Ops! We're working to get more -James

Salaadin

As far as I know, Steam always asks what you want to do if the local saves and cloud saves don't match. It won't overwrite the local save unless you tell it to.

You are correct. After reading further, it seems like its mostly my fault.
Partial problem lies with Steams wording, though. They dont tell you that downloading the cloud saves will delete your local saves and the timestamps they give you for the saves arent exact. it just said "save last updated: Today" for both local and cloud so I had no way of knowing which were current.

Very annoying but at least it was only a few hours instead of days. Im over it :p

d00d3n

Has steam finally cracked down on vpn services? Overplay.net no longer tricks steam that I am in the united states. Really lame and unnecessary to put so much effort into decreasing the value of the service for people like me who always buy in local currency with taxes paid and all that, but who would like to escape the ridiculous wait times for european customers. Good job, valve! You have rectified the illegal and immoral situation where european customers were able to play the games they paid full price for before pirates. This will teach us a lesson!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Has steam finally cracked down on vpn services? Overplay.net no longer tricks steam that I am in the united states. Really lame and unnecessary to put so much effort into decreasing the value of the service for people like me who always buy in local currency with taxes paid and all that, but who would like to escape the ridiculous wait times for european customers. Good job, valve! You have rectified the illegal and immoral situation where european customers were able to play the games they paid full price for before pirates. This will teach us a lesson!

It sucks and everything but in the future you have the option of asking someone on GAF to buy and gift to you and paying them the USD amount.

Atruvius

I believe Spotflux still works. Try that.

Miker

Posted in another thread but i'll post this here as well.
Though the steam sale will be going at the same time I don't see the prices being cheaper than this on some of the titles listed. If anything I think it would be a good idea to check both sites since with the inclusion of the 20% off code. I have a feeling Gamefly will have some titles cheaper than steams and vice versa.

http://slickdeals.net/f/5525700-Upc...t-Wanted-20-Torchlight-2-12-more-Starts-11-23

Bolded is whats Steamworks.
Coupon code NOV20OFF = 20% off everything (prices listed are before 20% off)

Battlefield Premium [gamefly.com] $29.99 - 11/23 only
Borderlands 2 [gamefly.com] $44.99
Command And Conquer Ultimate Collection [gamefly.com] $24.99
Darksiders II [gamefly.com] $16.99
Darksiders II Season Pass Dlc [gamefly.com] $6.80
Dishonored [gamefly.com]$29.99
Doom 3 BFG [gamefly.com] $14.99
Endless Space - Admiral Edition [gamefly.com] $20.09
Fallout New Vegas UE [gamefly.com] $14.99
FIFA 13 $19.99
Hotline Miami [gamefly.com] $7.49 - 11/23-24 only
Kingdoms Of Amalur Reckoning [gamefly.com] $7.99 - 11/23 Only
Mafia II [gamefly.com] $7.49
Mass Effect Trilogy [gamefly.com] $29.99
Medal Of Honor Warfighter [gamefly.com] $29.99 - 11/23 only
Need For Speed Most Wanted [gamefly.com] $24.99 - 11/23 only
Sims 3 Refresh [gamefly.com] $14.99
Sims 3 Seasons [gamefly.com] $19.99
Sims 3 Supernatural [gamefly.com] $19.99
Skyrim [gamefly.com]$29.99
Sleeping Dogs Digital Edition [gamefly.com] $24.99
Spec Ops: The Line [gamefly.com] $7.49
Syndicate [gamefly.com]$4.99
The Darkness II [gamefly.com] $7.49
Torchlight 2 [gamefly.com] $14.99
Two Worlds 2: Goty - Pirates Of The Flying Fortress Edition [gamefly.com] $9.99 - 11/23 only
Xcom: Enemy Unknown [gamefly.com] $44.99

Hmm. Hotline Miami for $6 is pretty solid. I can't see it dropping below $5 in the Steam sale, although $6.66 is more likely.

HoosTrax

New Indieroyale bundle just went live

http://www.indieroyale.com/

The Dream Machine: Chapters 1-3 (Steam)
Puzzle Agent 2 (Steam)
Children of the Nile: Enhanced Edition (Steam)
Anomaly: Warzone Earth (Steam)
Adventure Apes and the Mayan Mystery (Desura)
Wow, talk about nice timing. I was just browsing the adventure games section on Steam trying to remember the name of this game that has claymation-like graphics. Looks like Children of the Nile includes Hinterland as well.

First person to quote gets a Steam key for Anomaly: Warzone Earth

whyman

Maybe a stupid question but is it safe to buy steam games from GMG? I really dont want to get banned from steam. Has anyone from Valve confirmed its ok? The GMG deals seem insane, how do they do it?

SteveWD40

Maybe a stupid question but is it safe to buy steam games from GMG? I really dont want to get banned from steam. Has anyone from Valve confirmed its ok? The GMG deals seem insane, how do they do it?

I have done it, it's fine, you get a Steam Key so Valve must be fine with it I assume. I got BL2 at launch week for about £21 via them.

kswiston

I wouldn't expect the Steam Sale to be any better. If the autumn sale has daily deals, I guess there is a chance that Torchlight 2 will get discounted to 50%, but the game is still selling well. I doubt they are going to repeat the $5 Torchlight deal from 2009.

With the Gamersgate 4 pack you can go as low as $8,99/person if the buyer had the permanent IGN discount + G2PO code (-5%)

I might take advantage of this since I do have the IGN Discount. Anyone interested in splitting on the 4-pack?

GMG is an actual retailer, not a Russian key re-seller. It is as safe as buying cheap games off of Amazon. I would imagine they are just taking a huge hit to their profit margin in favor of volume on these pre-orders and recent releases.

Ledsen

They are as legit as Amazon or any other online retailer that gets keys directly from publishers. As to their low prices, one theory is that they take less off the top than others. They are nothing at all like Russian key re-sellers (which, btw, are also perfectly safe in most cases, but have had a few mishaps and thus been banned on GAF).

d00d3n

I believe Spotflux still works. Try that.

Spotflux does not seem to work unfortunately.

I really hate this. Actually, I usually don't even have the time to play during the us exclusive release window, but the possibility to try a game out and be in on the initial discussions was nice. Before I was convinced that Valve was on the side of the user, providing the geographical restrictions as lip service to the retail chains with no serious technical enforcement of the rules. This makes me question my assumptions. I doubt that "play early through vpn scene" is large enough to be of interest for the retail chaines. Why would they insist on increased security? Seems to be no monetary gain in it for them. My guess would that some programmer at Valve is really proud of himself for making the service "more secure" and "preventing abuse" and so on, totally ignoring the badwill this will cause among european hardcore customers.

derExperte

I wouldn't expect the Steam Sale to be any better. If the autumn sale has daily deals, I guess there is a chance that Torchlight 2 will get discounted to 50%, but the game is still selling well. I doubt they are going to repeat the $5 Torchlight deal from 2009.

I might take advantage of this since I do have the IGN Discount. Anyone interested in splitting on the 4-pack?

I'll take one T2 if you're going for the 4-pack.

Is Greenmangaming out of keys for Spec Ops?

YPmID.png

Symphonic

Wow, talk about nice timing. I was just browsing the adventure games section on Steam trying to remember the name of this game that has claymation-like graphics. Looks like Children of the Nile includes Hinterland as well.

Me?

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
List updated. <-- Full list of ongoing Amazon sale games which give Steam keys.

According to this thread the following two should be Steamworks titles, so added but still need confirmation:

There may be more I missed.

This Amazon BF sale bundle has three Steam activated titles. You might be interested in adding it, xelios.

• Viva Big Bundle of Games: $8.99
    • Airline Tycoon Deluxe
    • Alter Ego
    • Angel Code
    • Cargo - The Quest for Gravity
    • Crazy Machines: New From The Lab
    • Grand Ages Rome
    • Helldorado
    • Mata Hari
    • STORM Frontline Nation
    • Shadow Harvest: Phantom Ops

Just a heads up to anyone interested/keeping track: I picked up Blades of Time Special Edition and it DOES activate on Steam, even though the page doesn't mention it. Guessing the regular version does, too.

Nahkarankaisja

Neo Member

Me?
Edit:blast, too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom