• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

jediyoshi

Bought it at $15 as well, shame somewhere in the couple of days between ending ep3 and starting ep4, the game forgot how to access all my savegames. Tried all the solutions, no luck. :-(

Your save files still exist but don't work, or they're actually gone locally?

xJavonta

Banned
Ugh, I'm actually thinking of getting Duke Nukem Forever since I have a $5 Amazon gift card.

Someone please convince me otherwise, I'm bored and have money to spend which is a bad combination.

Edit; Whew, crisis averted. It's actually $20 on Amazon, Wario's Amazon thread said $5.

Ugh, I'm actually thinking of getting Duke Nukem Forever since I have a $5 Amazon gift card.

Someone please convince me otherwise, I'm bored and have money to spend which is a bad combination.

Don't. Wait til Black Friday and get a good game instead.

GTA IV will be $5

L.A. Noire isn't my type of game but some people like it and that will be $5

Pint Sized Paradox package will be $6, you could spend a dollar right?

xJavonta

Banned
Don't. Wait til Black Friday and get a good game instead.

GTA IV will be $5

L.A. Noire isn't my type of game but some people like it and that will be $5

Pint Sized Paradox package will be $6, you could spend a dollar right?

Already have GTA IV and LA Noire (from Amazon, not Steam), however I'll look into that Paradox pack, thanks!

It's not even worth it for irony, the game's just bland from start to finish.

Yeah the demo on X360 was pretty bad, but it seemed like a game I'd have just to say I have it lol

Edit; Whew, crisis averted. It's actually $20 on Amazon, Wario's Amazon thread said $5.

I regretted buying it for 99 cents when I got it on the Jan 2012 Amazon DD sale.

dreamfall

Does any site sell a digital version of No One Lives Forever? I just had this ridiculous nostalgic trip- did Steam ever carry it? And GOG doesn't either... sigh.

Cramoss

Guys, I think I'm ready for the sales.

6i7dd.gif

Does any site sell a digital version of No One Lives Forever? I just had this ridiculous nostalgic trip- did Steam ever carry it? And GOG doesn't either... sigh.

No :(

It's such a huge shame that a series as fantastic as NOLF cannot live on in digital distribution. One of the biggest holes in the entire game digital distribution industry IMO.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I've heard that this one is in 'who the fuck owns the different parts of this' licensing hell :/

The pie is probably split between WB (parent of Monolith) and Activision (parent of the now-defunct Sierra). So, yeah, file NOLF alongside System Shock under "Never gonna happen."

It's bad, but not that bad if you're a Duke fan. I'm looking forward to purchase the DLC "The Doctor who cloned me" when it's available at a 50%-75% discount.

camerooni

Neo Member
Katy Perry is crap and all, but the Sweet Treats is actually pretty decent, as far as items go. If you want to live in a Wonka-style setting, it's pretty good.

the-sims-3-katy-perry-s-sweet-treats-495x278.jpg

With that said the price is pretty terrible (it's a fucking stuff pack, it should only cost as much as a stuff pack). It's not an expansion at all.

Umm.. it's 19.99 for the katy perry 'thing' and 19.99 for general stuff packs? Unless stuff packs are cheaper overseas? Actually it's EA so it's probably all cheaper..

Amazon has Civ V Gods & Kings back in stock for 7.49$. It's a Mac version, but since the game is Mac+PC on Steam you can use it with your PC version.

JordanKZ

For some strange reason, TF2 decided to update 3.3GB of files and L4D2 needed an 8.8GB update this morning.

Anyone else seen this...?

Dingotech

Oh snap I just spent $50 on a PS+ sub for my Vita, forgot Steam sales start tomorrow...

My poor poor wallet... will only buy the bargains from my wishlist in the Steam sales! Must stay strong!

The sales have been already leaked.

Please let's not start another "omg something isn't working, sales are coming!" carnival of stupid :lol

But the hype, waiting for the sale to come and tracking it is the actual fun. I wouldn't play the games I buy anyway.

You'll never know if I'm kidding or just telling the truth.

I feel bad for free to play games not getting the same kind of exposure on the Steam store as other commercial games. The chart that is buried away in the Games > Free to play > Most popular should probably be on the home page.

$5 for LA Noire? Sounds like my kind of price! I just want to check it out from a technical point of view.

xJavonta

Banned
Awesome! I just spent my $5 Amazon credit I got from freemyapps on the Dungeon Defenders 2-pack and they emailed me a $5 credit towards some games in January of next year. So I essentially got my money back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom