• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Well, on that note, I should probably ignore the internet for the next 24 or so hours until the Steam version of TWD's final chapter launches.
So that was a spoiler? Thanks TouchMyBox for not marking it as such.

I wish there was an achievement hunt for the Winter sale :(
Oh no, Steam is blocked here at work. I won't be able to lurk there all day like in the summer sale.

And that also means I'll miss any flash deal (if Valve does them again) that happen during working hours. No Wi-fi in the office + shitty 3G connection on the phone = no deals for games I'd never play :(

Oh no, Steam is blocked here at work. I won't be able to lurk there all day like in the summer sale.

And that also means I'll miss any flash deal (if Valve does them again) that happen during working hours. No Wi-fi in the office + shitty 3G connection on the phone = no deals for games I'd never play :(

that's just part of the thrill. it wouldn't be a steam sale if there wasn't anything to complain about.

Addnan

My broadband is down, how do I sale!?! ISP gave a mobile broadband adapter, but when I use that it keeps showing me prices in USD (I am in the UK).

Guess I will have to buy on my phone, hope nothing goes wrong :(

My broadband is down, how do I sale!?! ISP gave a mobile broadband adapter, but when I use that it keeps showing me prices in USD (I am in the UK).

Guess I will have to buy on my phone, hope nothing goes wrong :(

Yeah I used the steam mobile app last sale when I wasn't by the computer. Worked great!

xJavonta

Banned
If I buy this:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007WWW2C8/?tag=neogaf0e-20

do I get all 5 episodes?

is it steam compatible?

This question has been asked a million times, yes and yes

edit: UGH, I can't get Dungeon Defenders to install the Visual Studio 2008 Redistributables. It's really pissing me off. If you're on my Steam friends list and you keep getting that notification of me being in-game, I'm sorry. Blame this "install redist for every game" bullshit.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
that's just part of the thrill. it wouldn't be a steam sale if there wasn't anything to complain about.
No sale for me = no promised game for you :p

Have you made up your mind yet? Do you want Revelations 2013 or Bad Rats 2? Ricochet HD or a Big Rigs sequel (unfortunately the original isn't on Steam)?

oh man, Bad Rats 2 with tesselation and bokeh would be awesome. I'd fix all the problems of the original.

I'm hoping for either Castle Crashers or Mark of the Ninja but I doubt either will drop to 5$ :(

I honestly don't know what games I want to buy. I know dark souls for sure but amazon will have that at $15...not sure steam will match that or what. What's on everyone's wish list?

HoosTrax

I honestly don't know what games I want to buy. I know dark souls for sure but amazon will have that at $15...not sure steam will match that or what. What's on everyone's wish list?
My #1 would have to be X-COM. Also somewhat interested in Civ V (although I would rather wait for a definitive "complete" edition) and Dark Souls. Various adventure games on my wishlist as well, and also FTL.

I think these BF Steam deals will be pretty underwhelming, considering that the Christmas season is just around the corner. Don't assume that everything will be 75% off.

Blablurn

I think these BF Steam deals will be pretty underwhelming, considering that the Christmas season is just around the corner. Don't assume that everything will be 75% off.

plus its gonna be tough to top the latest amazon sales. i dont even know which game i still want :D

There isn't a lot on my wishlist. As I said, Mark of the Ninja and Castle Crashers since those two are the games I will play immediately. I could repurchase some of my physical games to have them on Steam I guess...

Castle Crashers with zero DLC included. No thanks.

Well, that's why I'm waiting for a sale/indie bundle.

jediyoshi

For Valve games the deals are pretty much the same between either. The only real outliers are dailies, but probably not worth there being enough of a difference to warrant waiting any extra month for.

1-D_FTW

My most stubborn game is probably Rayman Origins. I would have gladly swooped it up for 9.99 a long time ago, but since they've insisted on going a year without besting 50 percent, I now require it to be 75 percent off. That's how I roll. The more my enthusiasm wanes, the harder my sale becomes.

Miker

My most stubborn game is probably Rayman Origins. I would have gladly swooped it up for 9.99 a long time ago, but since they've insisted on going a year without besting 50 percent, I now require it to be 75 percent off. That's how I roll. The more my enthusiasm wanes, the harder my sale becomes.

I have to agree with this. Cacpcom games especially.

How do you guys plan on approaching this sale with the winter sale so close? In the past few years, the stuff I've bought over the autumn sale has is usually the same price or cheaper during the winter sale, and I barely have the time to play it. I'm thinking about getting the point and clicks off GOG and trying to resist the autumn sale altogether.

I`m failry new to the whole Steam world (but I have been catching up, my wallet be damned! :p), but I remember that before the last sale there was a asite that people could find out at least some of the games that were on the sale?

Am I remembering it right?

If so, what do we know so far? Or at least what site is it?

Thanks from a new Steam addict. :)

cicero

How do you guys plan on approaching this sale with the winter sale so close? In the past few years, the stuff I've bought over the autumn sale has is usually the same price or cheaper during the winter sale, and I barely have the time to play it. I'm thinking about getting the point and clicks off GOG and trying to resist the autumn sale altogether.

yeah. I have actually been burned many times buying during the autumn sale and having the prices drop dramatically for the same titles during the Holiday sale.

Isaccard

I`m failry new to the whole Steam world (but I have been catching up, my wallet be damned! :p), but I remember that before the last sale there was a asite that people could find out at least some of the games that were on the sale?

Am I remembering it right?

If so, what do we know so far? Or at least what site is it?

Thanks from a new Steam addict. :)

Probably this.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

I'm not getting paid till the end of next week, so I don't think I'll be buying anything for myself. Maybe some random $2 game, but that's it.

Who knows? It's possible that when the sales start, I say "fuck it" and start impulse buying anyway. Only time will tell.

garath

yeah. I have actually been burned many times buying during the autumn sale and having the prices drop dramatically for the same titles during the Holiday sale.

My plan is simple. Only buy what I'm going to play right now. Else wait for the winter sale. No reason to backlog things right now with the winter sale right around the corner.

Personally all I need is a single player game to play when I don't have time for League of Legends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom