• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

owlbeak

Anyone know if a digital copy of Skyrim is/will go on sale for PC?

I have it on 360, but BEEN WAITING A YEAR for PC to drop in price for the mods!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Risen 2 now on sale at Amazon for $10. Steam key included.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007NL5CYS/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Fuck, I might bite. I was really hyped for Risen 2 but the negative feedback around launch turned me off. Supposedly it's much improved after some serious patching. I'm definitely in the mood for an exploration RPG at the moment.

Between this and Spec Ops/Sleeping Dogz on GMG, this week has been nuts for sales.

Exuro

Whoa Valve added native split screen to Portal 2?

Nice.

I need a Rocksmith DLC sale, but I know the only way that's gonna happen is if I buy it at full price first.

Yeah I'm really interested in the title as well, but full price just isn't going to cut it.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Fuck, I might bite. I was really hyped for Risen 2 but the negative feedback around launch turned me off. Supposedly it's much improved after some serious patching. I'm definitely in the mood for an exploration RPG at the moment.

Between this and Spec Ops/Sleeping Dogz on GMG, this week has been nuts for sales.

If you liked Risen 1 I definitely recommend checking out 2 at the 10$ price point, no hesitation.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Mind giving a run through those problems? I'm considering grabbing it (as long as the key isn't region locked).

The combat is poorly designed and some people really dislike the separate island environment design when compared to the single larger island of the original.

I didn't mind the smaller islands and I thought the writing and characterizations were just as entertaining as the originals. The focus on pirates was something I also quite enjoyed despite the overal clicheness of it.

I think the key to my enjoyment was coming in at the right price point (sub 20$) with adjusted expectations (I was aware of the combat issues).

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Mind giving a run through those problems? I'm considering grabbing it (as long as the key isn't region locked).

- The combat system is the worst of all the Piranha Bytes games (which is saying something).
- The world is broken up and segmented into a bunch of little islands which hampers the sense of exploration that makes PB games so great.
- The leveling system is garbage. The skills you earn don't actually do anything, you end the game feeling exactly as powerful as you started.
- Magic is *awful*

It does nothing better then it's predecessor and does almost everything worse.

kswiston

Risen 2 now on sale at Amazon for $10. Steam key included.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007NL5CYS/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I was going to jump on that because I thought the game still retailed for $49.99. However, now that it is $29.99, I can wait until a better deal than 67% off pops up. The game would just sit in my backlog anyhow.

- The combat system is the worst of all the Piranha Bytes games (which is saying something).
- The world is broken up and segmented into a bunch of little islands which hampers the sense of exploration that makes PB games so great.
- The leveling system is garbage. The skills you earn don't actually do anything, you end the game feeling exactly as powerful as you started.
- Magic is *awful*

Hmm, this post makes me think that waiting for $5 might be a smarter bet.

garath

- Magic is *awful*

That's sad to hear. I've already purchased it. $10 isn't bad though. I've spent my money on worse.

Get Two Worlds 2 instead

I hated Two Worlds 2. So bland. Everything about it was dull.

derExperte

- Magic is *awful*

I agree with everything plus you forgot to mention numerous bugs and after one patch the developers gave up on it. That said I still enjoyed it somewhat. I think mainly because of the setting, if you want pirates in your role playing game it's worth a try. Oh and the conversations are quite funny, at least in German.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Gaf is slacking. There is no dedicated Steam Autumn sale thread yet.

There's no sale thread just yet because we don't any of the particulars outside of it starting in 1.5 hours. You can't exactly have a sale thread OP without any details of what's on sale. ;) (Well, there's the CDR listing, but the matters of "when" and "how much" are left unanswered.)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I need a Rocksmith DLC sale, but I know the only way that's gonna happen is if I buy it at full price first.
How's the game like? Similar to Guitar Hero/Rock Band, but with a real instrument?

I've been thinking about it lately. It could be a great tool to learn how to play bass properly. The only problem would be getting the cable.

Nice.
Really? That's fucking awesome!

Speaking of this list, how good are the Serious Sam games?

The Hd ones are good? Is the third one good?
Got the bundle last time it was on sale on Steam, and only played The First Encounter Classic so far. It's really good, so if you're interested in them, I'd say get them. If you want all of them, I'd suggest you wait for a franchise pack sale.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Amazon sales with Steam keys added today: (if anyone can find the link for Paradox War Chest it'd be helpful):

11/21 AND 11/26

11/23-11/26:

• Paradox War Chest - $7.49 Contains:

• Victoria Franchise
      [*]Hearts of Iron III Collection
      [*]King Arthur Collection
      [*]King Arthur II

[*]Achtung Panzer 1943
      [*]Gettysburg Armored Warfare

• Paradox Majesty Franchise - $9.99 Contains:

• Defenders of Ardania Battlemagic
      [*]Defenders of Ardania
      [*]Defenders of Ardania: The Conjurer's Tricks DLC
      [*]Majesty 2 Collection
      [*]Majesty Gold - HD
      [*]Warlock Master of the Arcane Master of Artifacts DLC
      [*]Warlock Master of the Arcane Power of the Serpent
      [*]Warlock Master of the Arcane Return of the Elves DLC
      [*]Warlock: Master of the Arcane - Powerful Lords DLC
      [*]Warlock: Master of the Arcane

DagsJT

I have to agree with this. Cacpcom games especially.

How do you guys plan on approaching this sale with the winter sale so close? In the past few years, the stuff I've bought over the autumn sale has is usually the same price or cheaper during the winter sale, and I barely have the time to play it. I'm thinking about getting the point and clicks off GOG and trying to resist the autumn sale altogether.

Hardly any money at the moment so only really looking out for Mark Of The Ninja. The rest can wait for the Winter sale.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Steam sale is not ON in Brazil like i thought :(

Problably we will not get any more sales from Steam like Russia

Hey dude. We started out Daylight Savings (+1 hour), US ended their Daylight Savings (-1). The sales used to change at 2pm local time Brazil, but because of that, they now start at 4pm.

Or is it the other way around? Whatever, those two events happened and now the deals start 2 hours later for us. When the Daylight Savings Time ends here and starts in the US, the deals will again start at 2pm.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Dammit, Activision. I really want to have all of the Call of Duty's on Steam but they make it hard. Sales are sparse and it's pretty dang hard to bite @ $20 for a game like Blops when I'm just buying it for the campaign. And CoD1, 2 and 4 almost never go on sale on Steam :(.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Dammit, Activision. I really want to have all of the Call of Duty's on Steam but they make it hard. Sales are sparse and it's pretty dang hard to bite @ $20 for a game like Blops when I'm just buying it for the campaign. And CoD1, 2 and 4 almost never go on sale on Steam :(.

But they're all the same game. What's the point? Just get the latest one. :D

I'm being facetious... but not really..

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
thanksgiving sales thread worthy or not? halloween one was kinda useless

Yes.

Edit: The Autumn Sale is comparable to the Summer and Winter Sales in scope, it's just run for a shorter period. The Halloween Sale is rather small because the sale items have to fit the theme.

Nice.

One of my biggest gaming pet peeves (PC versions that drop splitscreen) fixed. I love you Valve, I'll actually get around to the co-op levels with a friend now.

Interested in if they will do the same for L4D games, since those have had unofficial splitscreen hacks for a while now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom