• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
The PC update for Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3 is now up on Steam. Mac version will follow at a later date.

It adds a new playable scenario that takes place before the main story which features a new playable character, new maps, enemies, abilities, and even music. To access it, select Beginning of the End from the Title menu. I strongly recommend waiting until after you've beaten the main story to play it - the plot will make more sense that way.

And if you haven't purchased Precipice of Darkness 3 yet... wait half an hour. :)

The PC update for Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3 is now up on Steam. Mac version will follow at a later date.

It adds a new playable scenario that takes place before the main story which features a new playable character, new maps, enemies, abilities, and even music. To access it, select Beginning of the End from the Title menu. I strongly recommend waiting until after you've beaten the main story to play it - the plot will make more sense that way.

And if you haven't purchased Precipice of Darkness 3 yet... wait half an hour. :)

Does this mean RS3 will be a daily deal on the first day, or that it wont be a daily/flash at all? I NEED TO KNOW

C'mon, Salsa. How are we going to fill up the sale thread with six pages of useless pre-sale nonsense if you don't put it up before the sale starts?

tumblr_lkily74Wwj1qfawn1o1_400.gif

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck, just as the sale is about to start I get some work to do. Couldn't be more inopportune.

T minus 900, people.

1-D_FTW

I like Hell Yeah, but I can see where RPS had issues. It's not a game you want to "have" to play to get through a review. It's best played it shorter spurts and you just quit when it starts getting on your nerves.

There are definite times where it's just pure shit on a stick. I'm trying to juggle this stupid checkpoint mini-boss 10 times with a rocket and the collision detection can be just awful.

Not to mention nothing exists above you (off-screen). So if there's an enemy above, you can't blindly kill him. Unless you can see your bullet, it disappears once it rises above your 8 foot ceiling. Which can make killing mini-bosses a pita since they can shoot multi-screen crap at you, but your ammo becomes impotent if you try and do the same thing.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is that confirmed? Why no new thread?

Yes, it's starting today -- Midweek Madness ends earlier than usual. The thread doesn't go up until the sale has started since we don't know what the deals are. Can't exactly have a dedicated thread with no info. ;)

Edit: Oh, yeah, and Salsa is AWOL, but even if he were here, he couldn't put it up just yet, anyway.

On the off chance the world does end tomorrow, for whatever reason, I just want you guys to know that... SteamGAF... you're my favourite thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom