• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone wondering when the sale will start, here's a handy image:

ibjXI85NyRmv14.png
Tch, doesn't dynamically update? Lame!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well, point. But
the first game was largely "find out what happened and kill the Destroyer," which was resolved.
Darksiders is like A New Hope, and we never got the Empire Strikes Back we should have.

As much as I enjoyed the core gameplay of Darksiders 2 (for the most part, anyway), having it be a parallel sequel rather than a direct sequel was as far removed from a wise decision as possible, considering the equally uncertain fates of THQ and the franchise itself.

Steam should do a Countdown till the start to increase the already overwhelming hype!!

edit: yeah ^^ fuck my Wishlist, it literally has like 40 games on it :((((((((((((((

I hope we get a good deal on Walking Dead early on. I regret not picking that one up during the tail-end of the autumn sale. I feel like I'm missing out on something, with all the buzz that has been surrounding it, and it's also one of those games that I can just burn through, without it eating too much of my time.

I hope we get a good deal on Walking Dead early on. I regret not picking that one up during the tail-end of the autumn sale. I feel like I'm missing out on something, with all the buzz that has been surrounding it, and it's also one of those games that I can just burn through, without it eating too much of my time.

I feel like I'm starting to turn into the person that hates every game (Hi Derrick), but WD isn't anything special, imo. They insane amount of hype and the GOTY are not deserved.

That's another game I should've mentioned when I was talking about vg stories earlier.

The_Monk

It's a great game, but watch out for your Saves. They might get lost in the universe or something.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
If there wasn't going to be an achievement/coal hunt this year, why would Valve put those restrictions on Steam Trades? Right guys? Right? We can hope, right?

1-D_FTW

If there wasn't going to be an achievement/coal hunt this year, why would Valve put those restrictions on Steam Trades? Right guys? Right? We can hope, right?

Blame the economist. I'm braced for a bunch of lousy flash sales that get recycled 10 times over. Prove me wrong GarryM.

Derrick01

Banned
I feel like I'm starting to turn into the person that hates every game (Hi Derrick), but WD isn't anything special, imo. They insane amount of hype and the GOTY are not deserved.

That's another game I should've mentioned when I was talking about vg stories earlier.

You're worse than me, Walking Dead is great! My "g"oty.

Toki767

The writing is the only good part of the game. Your choices don't necessarily feel like choices later on.

It's thought that in WWII Axis and Allies ceased fighting on Christmas Day, and gathered together in No Man's Land around the one PC to see what the Daily Offers were.

Caerith

As much as I enjoyed the core gameplay of Darksiders 2 (for the most part, anyway), having it be a parallel sequel rather than a direct sequel was as far removed from a wise decision as possible, considering the equally uncertain fates of THQ and the franchise itself.
Couldn't agree more. If they were trying to set up a four-character true sequel by giving each character their own spotlight, then I can see their rationale, but they should have made it a direct sequel and just given each character his/her own segment in it.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
It's thought that in WWII Axis and Allies ceased fighting on Christmas Day, and gathered together in No Man's Land around the one PC to see what the Daily Offers were.

That happened in World War I.

Jesus, you fucking people.

Either way, I want to at least experience it so that I have an opinion on it. Even if I prefer the much more cerebral and traditional approach to adventure games, in that you have an inventory and it's up to you to figure out how to use it to move the game along (Monkey Island 2 being my favourite point and click of all time). Seemingly, the impact the player makes on Walking Dead is minimal to say the least, but it's an experiment I kind of want to play.

We're getting a new thread for the sale right?
Yeah, Salsa should be putting one together as we speak.

Speaking of, what's the ETA on that, Salsa?

Was 5$ for one day.
They've been matching other sales as they've come along. When Steam Seal goes live, I wouldn't be surprised to see them match whatever's the going rate at that point. Though, with it being 50% off just earlier today and the seal cutting loose in less than an hour, I suspect 25% off may just be the non-daily price.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
No man, they played football in WWI! WWII was all about that Steam Sale.

But really, the event you're referencing happened during World War I.

We can joke around and that's cool, but I just need to make sure you know this.

FTL is currently $5 on the dev site - comes with Steam Key. (And they get to keep a higher percentage)

I'd buy it if my credit card wasn't at bursting point. I've basically funneled all available monies into my steam wallet at this point, so will have to wait for a similar sale on steam instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom