• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gintoki

@Steam_support posted this

A-kwqAZCMAAVGl-.jpg:large

Is the search bar broken for anyone else on the main Steam interface page? It used to be that when you click into it the text disappears, now it STAYS and you gotta manually erase everything before typing... ?

Is the search bar broken for anyone else on the main Steam interface page? It used to be that when you click into it the text disappears, now it STAYS and you gotta manually erase everything before typing... ?

Yeah. It has been pissing me off all day. :<
First set of flash deals are up.

Magicka, Dungeon Defenders, Limbo, Worms Reloaded, Zombie Driver, and Killing Floor.
Don't scare me like that.

vocab

First set of flash deals are up.

Magicka, Dungeon Defenders, Limbo, Worms Reloaded, Zombie Driver, and Killing Floor.

Well, seeing as there are almost no video games for it, it does seem very unlikely that World War 1 did in fact exist ...

I once asked a history teacher why this was the case and his answer was that WWI was incredibly boring (trench warfare), everyone was a loser and there wasn't a super villain at the end to be able to topple.

He said WWII was just set up perfect for a narrative. A set "bad guy," a set win situation, fighting that was exciting and varied and interesting and memorable leaders. He said the "story" of WWII was just a better fit and that's why most game focus on it.

FTL is currently $5 on the dev site - comes with Steam Key. (And they get to keep a higher percentage)

Unfortunately my funds are all in my Steam wallet so ... ^^;

what's so awesome about Awesomenauts again? (serious question) I for one hope for Sleeping Dogs 75% but my hope might be in vein since it's rather new still :(

I guess Ronimo (developer) specializes in taking what would otherwise be complicated genre types and simplifying them in a way that makes them much easier to pick up and play while still maintaining a fair amount of depth. In the case of Awesomenauts they took the MOBA genre (LoL, DOTA2) made it 2D and gave players direct control of their 'Hero' while adding some platforming elements as well. It is ridiculously enjoyable and a VERY refreshing take on a type of game I honestly had next to no interest in playing before Awesomenauts. You could liken it to what Smash did to traditional fighting games in removing the execution limitations that had come with the genre before that point.

Dr Dogg

Gah another sale already! Some more stuff to add to an increasingly expanding backlog I'll never finish coz I'm a sucker for discounts. I wonder what gimmick they'll have this year? Hopefully not something as exploitable as the Gift Pile from last year (really liked the Summer Camp one as I actually ended up playing stuff I'd have never tried before and liking a few too).

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Which is the war where they used dolphins to blow up submarines?

All wars.

But ask fucking Obama and he'll deny the whole thing.

They're Scottish. edit: God damn you, I didn't even notice the edit.

I always confuse them with the Hives, either because they became popular around the same or because Franz Ferdinand really gets under my skin!

Don't play 2 then, it's the definition of repetitive. 25 hours of fetch quests within fetch quests, garbage loot, piss easy dungeons, and no story at all. It's a trash game on all fronts.

I loved the original. One of my favorites. The dropoff between DS1 and DS2 is similar to the decline between Homeland S1 and S2.

Massive disappointment.

Edit: And I put 13 hours into DS2. No idea where in the "story" I am, but I can confirm that the fetch quest aspect is derp as fuck.

So, Dead Rising 2's base price has gone down £5 but they put the price of Off the Record up £3, which seems a bit random. At least the new DR2 complete pack offers a decent saving.

derExperte

Well, seeing as there are almost no video games for it, it does seem very unlikely that World War 1 did in fact exist ...

There may be not that many but one of the best turn based strategy games is set in WW1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_Line:_1914-1918

YES. This has been annoying to no end while filling my wishlist.

I'm bummed I have to go do some deliveries. The time leading up to, through until like 35 minutes in, where the store is just completely busted, and everyone yells about it is one of my favorite traditions!

"I'M SEEING THE REGULAR STOREFRONT AGAIN! DID THEY CANCEL THE SALE GABE?!"

I can't wait for nothing to happen for the first half hour and everyone start freaking out about there being no sale until it finally shows up late. #valvetime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom