• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I've played about 5 hours of Castle Crashers so far. Offline performance is great but when I play online I'm getting a lot of slowdowns. Anyone else?

I hope you figure this out because I was planning on picking that up for online co-op with friends eventually.

Blizzard

Banned
LEGO Lord of the Rings hit the Steam store. It felt like it showed up more quickly than some of the previous LEGO games. Bought, hooray for $30 release prices!

statham

bought all 3 adam's adventures recently, after completing 7/8 of the first game, deleted them all. Its a simple game with great graphics that pushes religion hard to beat the game. I don't want religion in my games.

sk3tch

Man, all this hate on Borderlands 2. I guess I'm finally realizing I'm a bro gamer...I love BF3, I play CoD, and I love Borderlands 2...uh oh...

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
bought all 3 adam's adventures recently, after completing 7/8 of the first game, deleted them all. Its a simple game with great graphics that pushes religion hard to beat the game. I don't want religion in my games.

i2K9zlB74U2nR.gif

statham

started sleeping dogs on high with a 460GTX @1600x900, game is amazing. tried ultra and 10-15fps, but on high it looks amazing and very playable.

I picked up XCOM during the sales and I have to say, in the short time I've spent with it, this has quickly become my GOTY. Seriously great value. Haven't even installed Hotline Miami or Torchlight II yet!

Salsa

I enjoy aspects of Borderlands 2/1, dislike others, and enjoy it 5x in co-op

and I love BF3

but I dont like COD

semi-bros

also steam is updating and stuck at 79%

didamangi

started sleeping dogs on high with a 460GTX @1600x900, game is amazing. tried ultra and 10-15fps, but on high it looks amazing and very playable.

Just put all the graphics options on max except for anti aliasing, you'll get very playable framerate :)

Dingotech

I loved the crap out of Borderlands 2 until I got to the end and realised I can't beat any of the optional bosses without going online and grouping with randoms who don't even want to play the optional bosses.....

I may have even downloaded a trainer this morning just so I can get some false satisfaction out of grinding them into the dirt solo tonight..... >_>

EDIT - I hope mentioning a trainer on NeoGAF isn't frowned upon in terms of banning.... I'm ignorant! >_< Also it's certainly not for me to go online with.

sk3tch

Now I'm worried if Far Cry 3 will be bro gamer enough for me. Although the preview had the word "fuck" in it with "sex" and things such as explosions...so I insta-bought!! :)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Stick around long enough and they'll make themselves readily apparent.
I need a list of names before I venture in. I want a great first experience.

is this a known religion game and I got owned?
I just find a normal person's reaction to the game (after buying the whole trilogy) hilarious. Also, the games look quite bad.

I enjoy aspects of Borderlands 2/1, dislike others, and enjoy it 5x in co-op

5x 0 is still 0.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Is it actually religious or does it just take influence from religious materials (like Halo)?

Game seemed like an okay looking Uncharted clone from what I saw.

The game is a better version of Uncharted, yes. 60 fps gameplay mixed with true HD graphics.

Puzzles require rudimentary knowledge of sentence structure or I guess knowing bible verses might help (you cheat).

statham

I need a list of names before I venture in. I want a great first experience.

I just find a normal person's reaction to the game (after buying the whole trilogy) hilarious. Also, the games look quite bad.

5x 0 is still 0.
game doesn't look bad, for adventure games its one of the best looking. but to beat the first game you have to do very religious stuff. I ended up watching the ending on youtube. don't feed me your religious BS in a game.

I picked up XCOM during the sales and I have to say, in the short time I've spent with it, this has quickly become my GOTY. Seriously great value. Haven't even installed Hotline Miami or Torchlight II yet!
Yeah, it is a great game. I'm not a big strategy gamer and I really got into it.

statham

Is it actually religious or does it just take influence from religious materials (like Halo)?

Game seemed like an okay looking Uncharted clone from what I saw.
this game , funny it makes science the bad guy. it doesn't start that way but 3/4 through its a church game.

Randomly decided to look up Crimsonlands because that was a damn fun game to play some years ago and was wondering if it was going to ever come to Steam, and as I see the latest news post on their website apparently they've got it on Greenlight.

So!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=93065738

Check it out, give it a thumbs up if it looks interesting. It's a top down wave-based shooter, like Geometry Wars but more like "I MAED A GAM3 W1TH Z0MBIES 1N IT!!!1" if it wasn't a gimmick based around the song. I'd like to have it on Steam one day, fun to play in bursts.

didamangi

Randomly decided to look up Crimsonlands because that was a damn fun game to play some years ago and was wondering if it was going to ever come to Steam, and as I see the latest news post on their website apparently they've got it on Greenlight.

So!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=93065738

Check it out, give it a thumbs up if it looks interesting. It's a top down wave-based shooter, like Geometry Wars but more like "I MAED A GAM3 W1TH Z0MBIES 1N IT!!!1" if it wasn't a gimmick based around the song. I'd like to have it on Steam one day, fun to play in bursts.

Nation Red totally copy that game perk system :))

xJavonta

Banned
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom