• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried out Universe Sandbox. It's pretty cool for around 15 minutes, but you soon realise there isn't much more to it than watching things spin around. It's a superb educational tool and can become very in-depth with all its physics settings. But I just feel like if you aren't fellating Neil DeGrasse Tyson or majoring in cosmology or something, your mileage will be limited.

haikira

Can anyone confirm for me, if the amazon.com digital version of Far Cry 3 is a Steam key?

I got Assassin's Creed 3 from Amazon.com, since it's MIA on the UK steam store. Hoping to do the same here.

graywolf323

Can anyone confirm for me, if the amazon.com digital version of Far Cry 3 is a Steam key?

I got Assassin's Creed 3 from Amazon.com, since it's MIA on the UK steam store. Hoping to do the same here.

doesn't look like Far Cry 3 will be a Steam key from Amazon since they don't mention it anywhere on the product page but do explicitly mention Uplay

Lol I'm 29th, I guess I don't post as often as I think I do.

Nah it's fantastic, people just love to hate whatever is popular/new.

hey go sit on a tack. there's a very good chance that my hatred of borderlands can be justified in more vivid and evocative detail than your love for it.

Aaron

Unless you buy a Ubisoft game from Steam, it won't have a steam key. There are a few rare exceptions, but they're all older games.

haikira

Cheers guys for the responses on Far Cry 3.

That's a damn shame. Really want it on steam, but don't see anyway to get it.

Steamchat is full of GAFfers trying to act tough. It's one of the hilarious things imaginable.

It's like talking to a bunch of teens who are convinced that they know how the world works and adults are stupid.

Scribblenauts Workshop is a goldmine for awesome avatars.

Yup, and I just found one for Stallion Free.

ButtStallion.png

JDS 2.0

Banned
Steamchat is full of GAFfers trying to act tough. It's one of the hilarious things imaginable.

It's like talking to a bunch of teens who are convinced that they know how the world works and adults are stupid.

Who are you even? I hope you enjoyed your brief or nonexistent visit.
ttfn.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals

Not that some of the behavior at times isn't off but do you even know half of the regulars? Come on now.

I'm certainly not defending things if you were blatantly insulted.

Quote with which game you want:

The Adventures of Shuggy
Starvoid
Majesty 2 Collection

I'll take the bold

Twentieth

Quote with which game you want:

The Adventures of Shuggy
Starvoid
Majesty 2 Collection

Starvoid, please?

Edit: That's like the second game I've grabbed today. Time to make a giveaway on SteamGifts to GAF members.

Oh, and Majesty 2 is great. Someone grab it, quick!

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Tried out Universe Sandbox. It's pretty cool for around 15 minutes, but you soon realise there isn't much more to it than watching things spin around. It's a superb educational tool and can become very in-depth with all its physics settings. But I just feel like if you aren't fellating Neil DeGrasse Tyson or majoring in cosmology or something, your mileage will be limited.

That is the vibe I got from the trailer. Just seemed...pointless.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I can't wait until a year has passed and the writing in Borderlands 2 reveals itself to be as shitty as it actually is to the broader public.

Like Dane Cook, some of you are going to be downright embarrassed for having liked it.

Exuro

I hope you figure this out because I was planning on picking that up for online co-op with friends eventually.
Well I checked out their forums and some random guy said resolutions over 720p cause framerate drops online. Put up a post asking about it. They have a 1.2 update that's being worked on so who knows. Really enjoying the game either way though.

Dingotech

I can't wait until a year has passed and the writing in Borderlands 2 reveals itself to be as shitty as it actually is to the broader public.

Like Dane Cook, some of you are going to be downright embarrassed for having liked it.

You're not supposed to take it seriously... lighten up!

xJavonta

Banned

I don't play it for the writing, (although I do enjoy Claptrap's silliness), I play it for the fantastic gameplay.

Caerith

Just a question for anyone who picked up SSFIVAE yesterday, but how are you playing it? If at all. I have a PS3 controller hooked up to my PC but haven't found a comfortable way to play SF with it yet.

Just a question for anyone who picked up SSFIVAE yesterday, but how are you playing it? If at all. I have a PS3 controller hooked up to my PC but haven't found a comfortable way to play SF with it yet.

Got a question to add to this: does anyone have a fight stick for PC? Is there one that's plug and play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom