• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Just a question for anyone who picked up SSFIVAE yesterday, but how are you playing it? If at all. I have a PS3 controller hooked up to my PC but haven't found a comfortable way to play SF with it yet.

Arcade stick.

If you ever want to play, you can hit me up on Steam. Been awhile since I've thrown down, but I'm always up for some SF.

Dingotech

Well I'll say this, I had way more fun with Borderlands 2 than I ever did with Diablo 3.

But for some of you guys it sounds like that's probably like comparing two pieces of shit. :p

xJavonta

Banned
Well I'll say this, I had way more fun with Borderlands 2 than I ever did with Diablo 3.

But for some of you guys it sounds like that's probably like comparing two pieces of shit. :p

I fucking HATE Diablo 3 (fun at first, but that was because of the hype) but absolutely love Borderlands 1 and 2.

Thanks. Now to look for a deal on a good 360 fight stick. I'll throw down with some of y'all when I get one. I only have a 360 gamepad and that's a big no-no for fighters.
Maybe that's why I suck so much
probably not lol

Nabs

Thanks. Now to look for a deal on a good 360 fight stick. I'll throw down with some of y'all when I get one. I only have a 360 gamepad and that's a big no-no for fighters.

You missed an incredible Mad Catz sale this weekend. I'll try to message you if I run into a deal.

Caerith

Arcade stick.
Kinda defeats the purpose of an impulse buy if I gotta buy an arcade stick :b I don't know if I'm that invested in fighting games to get an arcade stick; SFIV is the first fighting game I've owned since Tekken 3 on the PS1.

If you ever want to play, you can hit me up on Steam. Been awhile since I've thrown down, but I'm always up for some SF.
I'll take you up on that if I get serious about the game. Right now it's just clumsy and my thumb is kinda raw.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Okay whatever.

If I enjoy it, I think the gameplay is fantastic. It's as simple as that.

The Two and a Half Men argument, fine. An entirely subjective opinion is legitimate, if fairly weak.

Objectively: the game's writing is terrible, the guns are terrible (but keep playing! New game ++++ gives you an amazing gun!), the gameplay is admittedly mindless. If it weren't for my group of friends, I wouldn't have been able to make it through it.

Prisoners of War say the same thing.

xJavonta

Banned
The Two and a Half Men argument, fine. An entirely subjective opinion is legitimate, if fairly weak.

Objectively: the game's writing is terrible, the guns are terrible (but keep playing! New game ++++ gives you an amazing gun!), the gameplay is admittedly mindless. If it weren't for my group of friends, I wouldn't have been able to make it through it.

Prisoners of War say the same thing.

I'll admit the writing was terrible, although that's not what draws people to the game and it never claimed to be great. But I guess we come to a disagreement at the second statement.

xJavonta

Banned
Stealth Bastard Deluxe comes out tomorrow for $9.99 (£6.99 / €8.99). The soundtrack will also be released tomorrow.

Dead Pixels (XBLIG/Desura) will get a Steam release soon. Indie Royale/Desura guys should get keys. Old PC trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoGFBPwsRdI

Such a good game (Stealth Bastard). If you're thinking about getting it, then try out the free version.

Holy shit, seriously? I got the game from Indie Royale, glad I'm getting a Steam key as well!

Does anyone here use an external hard drive to store some of their Steam games or even run their games off of one? I was thinking of getting one since my 1TB internal HDD is down to 400GB and after the Winter sale... yeah.

Maybe I should just get another internal SATA HDD? Will probably go with a 2TB one this time.

kuYuri

MRORANGE, you can also add in the OP that Best Buy sells Steam Wallet cards now, can even be bought online and shipped.

xJavonta

Banned
MRORANGE, you can also add in the OP that Best Buy sells Steam Wallet cards now, can even be bought online and shipped.

I think he added this already. I remember seeing a post from him about it. E: Nevermind. I know I saw a post about it though.

Does anyone here use an external hard drive to store some of their Steam games or even run their games off of one? I was thinking of getting one since my 1TB internal HDD is down to 400GB and after the Winter sale... yeah.

Maybe I should just get another internal SATA HDD? Will probably go with a 2TB one this time.

I feel ya, my 1TB drive which is for games is down to 169GB. I think the better choice would be to get another 1TB drive and raid them or a 2GB drive.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Maybe I should just get another internal SATA HDD?

Do you really need 1tb of games installed, or another 400 gb worth for that matter?

I have a 2 tb games drive and I am using 86 gb.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Having most/all of your games installed is a nice convenience if you have an internet connection of less than, say, 10Mbps (i.e. ~1MBps). I ran out of space on my 2TB Steam drive long ago, with almost half of my library now uninstalled, and have trimmed all the fat I can: GoG games, Blizzard games, and Origin games. I'd planned on getting a second Steam drive, but I have just one free HDD tray remaining and it 'd be better suited for yet another general downloads drive.

mannerbot

Holy crap that's cheap, I'll have to jump on that come payday, thanks

Obviously the parts aren't arcade quality, but they are very good (Omron microswitches, though that probably doesn't mean much to you :p). And of course if you ever want to make the jump to Sanwa/Seimitsu parts, MadCatz sticks are the easiest to mod.

Assuming you live in the US, I recommend the MadCatz Brawl stick for a cheap stick.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004M23RAC/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Yeah, I live in the US. Thanks for pointing that one out - looks like it shall do. I'll probably change the plate on it, as well as maybe some other parts if I have the time.

Having most/all of your games installed is a nice convenience if you have an internet connection of less than, say, 10Mbps (i.e. ~1MBps). I ran out of space on my 2TB Steam drive long ago, with almost half of my library now uninstalled, and have trimmed all the fat I can: GoG games, Blizzard games, and Origin games. I'd planned on getting a second Steam drive, but I have just one free HDD tray remaining and it 'd be better suited for yet another general downloads drive.

I have a tendency to download/install everything on Steam that I activate - maybe I should stop doing that.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I have a tendency to download/install everything on Steam that I activate - maybe I should stop doing that.

That's precisely what I was doing when I had the free space. When it began to run low, I started uninstalling the games I had no desire to play, starting from the bottom (Z) and working my way up. Currently, I'm up to "Tom Clancy's ..." and have 31GB free.

I try to have as many games installed as I can. Download caps mean I can't keep downloading the same game repeatedly. Besides, 1TB - 3TB drives are cheap enough that it shouldn't be a concern anyways.

cicero

i2K9zlB74U2nR.gif

That clip would be so much better if he had the full Moses beard going.

Sanjay

I can't wait until a year has passed and the writing in Borderlands 2 reveals itself to be as shitty as it actually is to the broader public.

Like Dane Cook, some of you are going to be downright embarrassed for having liked it.

Did I miss something, have the press been saying it's Oscar worthy again like they did with GTA4 about BL2 or something?

Yes, fetch quest after fetch quest is top-tier gameplay.

All similar games like BL2 use fetch quests in one form or another, the only difference is how well developers shield the missions. Some spend time and try to immerse you in, some don't.

Still doesn't mean it can't be embarrassingly terrible. If it weren't for my friends, I would have stopped playing once I reached Tina.

Not true, look to British humour where it uses awkward, camp and cheesy situations which result in not laugh out loud funny but that dry laughter inside your soul grinning funny.

Borderlands is like a gem, like the Street Fighter (1994 Film) of games.

Objectively: the game's writing is terrible, the guns are terrible (but keep playing! New game ++++ gives you an amazing gun!), the gameplay is admittedly mindless.

You just described any Call of Duty games there on all accounts, writings terrible, guns terrible (but keep playing! New prestige ++++ giving you more perks and guns which you already had!), the gameplay is admittedly mindless too but I guess that's the point of CoD games yet you love them games. So I will be forever be confused to your hatred towards Borderlands and not other games with similar aspects.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Did I miss something, have the press been saying it's Oscar worthy again like they did with GTA4 about BL2 or something?

You've missed people using "butt stallion" like it's funny.

All similar games like BL2 use fetch quests in one form or another, the only difference is how well developers shield the missions. Some spend time and try to immerse you in, some don't.

So Borderlands 2 just does a terrible job at the only thing it does. Got it.

Not true, look to British humour where it uses awkward, camp and cheesy situations which result in not laugh out loud funny but that dry laughter inside your soul grinning funny.

I'm calling my cable company tomorrow to have them block BBC America.

]You just described any Call of Duty games there on all accounts, writings terrible, guns terrible (but keep playing! New prestige ++++ giving you more perks and guns which you already had!), the gameplay is admittedly mindless too but I guess that's the point of CoD games yet you love them games. So I will be forever be confused to your hatred towards Borderlands and not other games with similar aspects.

Multiplayer has no story. Prestige is not tied to acquisition of guns or perks. Motivation is the competition against other players.

I'm oddly consistent with this stuff. I hated Torchlight, Diablo, and any other game like Borderlands 2.

Salsa

Playing Super Hexagon right now and it is totally sweet.

game is scratching that Super Meat Boy itch that I didnt even know I was having. I find the games to be very similar even when they are completely different, if that makes sense. Or at least they stimulate similar parts of my brainnnn

Sanjay

So Sanjay, when do you plan on finishing BL2?

I would say maybe within the same timeframe as the first Borderlands.

Hated BorderLands 1.
Crappy loot mechanics, awful quest system, unsatisfying combat, vehicles, and a bunch of other stuff.

The combat was definitely poor in BL1 which they improved in BL2.

You've missed people using "butt stallion" like it's funny.

Comedy gold
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SfDiD8tUT8

Multiplayer has no story.

BL2 is a multiplayer experience but I think you meant competitive multiplayer in regards to CoD but what I said earlier, that was a jab at its single player when it comes down to it, it's really stupid but its a fun experience none the less which was my point in the end.

Prestige is not tied to acquisition of guns or perks.

It is when you Prestige, get it.

Motivation is the competition against other players.

Motivation is leveling up and getting more skills and improving my character for BL2 for me with friends.

I'm oddly consistent with this stuff. I hated Torchlight, Diablo, and any other game like Borderlands 2.

Did you play Torchlight 2/Diablo 3 coop?

Playing coop is such a important factor.

guys stop playing Borderlands 2 and play Super Hexagon

So what your saying is if I draw a hexagon in paint you will gift a copy to make it happen?

Here:-
jluDNEEORfD3c.png

bought all 3 adam's adventures recently, after completing 7/8 of the first game, deleted them all. Its a simple game with great graphics that pushes religion hard to beat the game. I don't want religion in my games.

I don't understand this post? What do you mean by religion in the games? Is it propaganda or what? I've never heard of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom