• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomrider

That's weird. They added retail subs to both vanilla and the expansion. Maybe we'll get an update in a couple of days.

Oh, there's still hope, then. It's not a usual Humble practice to add more game to the bonus tier after the usual 1st week update, though, is it? Not that I remember.

HoosTrax

Titan Quest is probably better than any other lootfest released recently. Co-op is incredible if you find a good partner (better than Torchlight 2's).
I liked it a lot more than either Torchlight game.

- tons of dual-classes to explore, with really interesting synergy possibilities
- higher resolution assets, and still plays nicely on modern machines, even this many years after the fact
- the loot actually looks good
- opportunity to engage in some 300-esque role-playing fantasies
- bodies flying around the screen

Just a shame that Normal playthrough is so boring, and you can't get epic loot until you finish your first playthrough.

The_End

Oh, there's still hope, then. It's not a usual Humble practice to add more game to the bonus tier after the usual 1st week update, though, is it? Not that I remember.

There were a couple of additions to HiB 3. They did the usual (at the time anyway) previous bundle extra. But they also added Atomic Zombie Smasher, Steel Storm & Trauma.

parasight

TQ is 100% my favorite game in that genre. It's weird that they only gave the base game instead of the Gold package, but I guess it could lead to more sales of Immortal Throne during the Holiday Steam Sale.

Yeah, I definitely think TQ is one of the better Diablo clones out there for PC. I particularly like its dual class system letting you mix up masteries. Though it does fall into the same pitfall that every Diablo clone has, being that its quests end up feeling inconsequential and numerous but shallow. You just get burdened with a whole lot of them.

Oh and if anyone wants the TQ key I got, just quote this for a PM.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I liked it a lot more than either Torchlight game.

- tons of dual-classes to explore, with really interesting synergy possibilities
- higher resolution assets, and still plays nicely on modern machines, even this many years after the fact
- the loots actually looks good
- opportunity to engage in some 300-esque role-playing fantasies

Just a shame that Normal playthrough is so boring, and you can't get epic loot until you finish your first playthrough.

One little detail I love about Titan Quest is that the player's "aura" and spells are dynamic light sources, which also cast shadows in dim-lit areas. This, in a 2006 game, is something Blizzard decided was too taxing for Diablo 3.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Immortal Throne's art still looks amazing, I hope they add it for people to check out.

It was great going back to the game after beating the main campaign for another meaty adventure too.

HoosTrax

It's a shame that it apparently did poorly at release due to heavy pirating. I like to think that it did well in terms of sales in the years following. No idea though.

quote for thq humble bundle keys, please post a reply with the game if you take one.

main bundle (Darksiders, Red Faction: Armageddon, Metro 2033, Company of Heroes, Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts, and Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor)

key

saints row the third

key is gone!

titan quest

key

red faction armageddon dlc

key

Ledsen

Despite Valve and... whichever US state Government now owns the KoA IP apparently reaching an agreement for continued sale, it's abundantly clear that the game won't be discounted, so I say buy it now on the cheap. In terms of content, if you're one for secondary quests and such, the base game alone is big.

koalap8oj4.jpg

Holy shit! You DO play games!

Doomrider

There were a couple of additions to HiB 3. They did the usual (at the time anyway) previous bundle extra. But they also added Atomic Zombie Smasher, Steel Storm & Trauma.

Oops, didn't remember that. I hope they do add the expansion, then, eventually.

Freezard

Yeah, I definitely think TQ is one of the better Diablo clones out there for PC. I particularly like its dual class system letting you mix up masteries. Though it does fall into the same pitfall that every Diablo clone has, being that its quests end up feeling inconsequential and numerous but shallow. You just get burdened with a whole lot of them.

Oh and if anyone wants the TQ key I got, just quote this for a PM.

Yes please :)

nexen

it's essentially Fable meets a God of War-lite combat system complete with a pinch of MMOesque game/world design.
This hits the nail right on the head and is exactly why I'm enjoying it so far. It's a a great little time-waster. Nothing super spectacular but mindless enough to zone out with and rewarding enough to stay enjoyable.
Scratches nearly the same itch that ARPGs do.

actually really enjoyed the crafting system of Amalur. Combining different pieces to get altered stats was quite refreshing compared to the usual "7 of these + 2 of those + 1 of this = item A!"

actually really enjoyed the crafting system of Amalur. Combining different pieces to get altered stats was quite refreshing compared to the usual "7 of these + 2 of those + 1 of this = item A!"

Its also what completely trivialized the games difficulty and made unique loot useless. The had some great looking armor and weapons, but I only ever used the generic looking stuff, because crafted gear trounced everything.

HoosTrax

Its also what completely trivialized the games difficulty and made unique loot useless. The had some great looking armor and weapons, but I only ever used the generic looking stuff, because crafted gear trounced everything.
Same here. I think that's what eventually made the game too easy for me and kind of made me lose the motivation to keep playing.

Some MMOs have a crafting feature where you can use one item for a skin on a different item. The skin item gets destroyed in the process.

I'm thinking about Triple Town. I remember hearing a lot of great impressions when it came out on iOS. I'm sure its like 99¢ there but $8 isn't too bad. Plus the bears are cute

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
There was an adventure game that came out a few months ago that I can't remember the title of. It was about an alien invasion or end of the world type scenario and it had multiple protagonists and some amazing true to form retro art. I believe it had a somewhat verbose title as well. It's driving me mad, I can picture the trailer perfectly but the name is escaping me.

def sim

There was an adventure game that came out a few months ago that I can't remember the title of. It was about an alien invasion or end of the world type scenario and it had multiple protagonists and some amazing true to form retro art. I believe it had a somewhat verbose title as well. It's driving me mad, I can picture the trailer perfectly but the name is escaping me.

Resonance, maybe?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Resonance?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I'm thinking about Triple Town. I remember hearing a lot of great impressions when it came out on iOS. I'm sure its like 99¢ there but $8 isn't too bad. Plus the bears are cute

A lot of my friends were completely addicted to it for like one week, then they moved on.

I played it for two or three hours and had already had enough.

Caerith

Maniac Mansion?

Monkey Island

Salsa

pretty sure its myst

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
It was resonance!

Lol is my description just like the most generic sounding adventure premise or something?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Prototype 2 was a pleasant 100% achievement experience. I don't know why, but most of my 100%'s are open world games. I have a couple more games that are sitting at like 95% that I need to finish off.

Kabouter

Prototype 2 was a pleasant 100% achievement experience. I don't know why, but most of my 100%'s are open world games. I have a couple more games that are sitting at like 95% that I need to finish off.
I'm still not convinced anyone on the development team for that game still owns their soul. I found the game absolutely repulsive. Definitely didn't go for 100%, just did the beat and delete thing.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'm still not convinced anyone on the development team for that game still owns their soul. I found the game absolutely repulsive. Definitely didn't go for 100%, just did the beat and delete thing.

I found Prototype 1 a far more soulless experience. The absurd main character dialogue made me laugh in P2 and I felt like a proper super-dude which made the experience a lot more gratifying.

Most of these open world games become super mindless when going for 100% unfortunately so I kick back with some good music usually.

1-D_FTW

So beat and delete has become an accepted term?

Can I officially submit the "Try and fry" category? It's for games that you play for 5 minutes, realize are complete garbage, and decide how best to hide their existence in your library.

Wok

I don't know if you guys noticed, but it seems there are four Steam keys for the Brazen prototype on the BTA Humble Amnesia Fortnight page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom