• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volcynika

Now Available - Legacy of Kain: Defiance, Soul Reaver & Soul Reaver 2
Product Release - Valve 17:52
Legacy of Kain: Defiance, Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver and Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2 are Now Available on Steam!

Take control of two powerful and highly evolved vampires: Kain, an all-powerful demigod, and Raziel, a demonic angel of death. Each equipped with a legendary sword, Kain & Raziel must battle through a world loaded with conflict and intrigue as they attempt to unravel their destinies and defeat the dark forces that seek to condemn their world to eternal damnation.

Javaman

This was just the perfect time for my pc 360 wireless receiver to fry. I found some instructions on either soldering over the fuse (kinda scary) or replacing it (pretty tough). Have any of you guys done it? I figure if I only plug it in while I'm using it I should be safe. Stupid things fail ALL the time. If you have one that hadn't failed yet I highly recommend unplugging it when not in use.

I'm kinda bummed a lot of the greenlight games are turning out to be MP only. I don't think the community is going to support those for very long. Bring back the SP or bots at least!

Salsa

This was just the perfect time for my pc 360 wireless receiver to fry. I found some instructions on either soldering over the fuse (kinda scary) or replacing it (pretty tough). Have any of you guys done it? I figure if I only plug it in while I'm using it I should be safe. Stupid things fail ALL the time. If you have one that hadn't failed yet I highly recommend unplugging it when not in use.

I'm kinda bummed a lot of the greenlight games are turning out to be MP only. I don't think the community is going to support those for very long. Bring back the SP or bots at least!

I soldered over the fuse, worked fine ever since. I would have gotten another one but that shit is just bound to break anyway so yeah.

zkylon

zkylewd
capsule_467x181.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/224300/
Nice, I got to get around beating the first two someday...

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
it's where Dungeon Keeper 2 is.

I did have the SR games on my Gog wishlist though. Oh well, I guess Steam wants the money too. (but if those games don't work without patches: no dice, I'll go with Gog)
These are generally the exact same release file for file as the GOG ones, minus the extras.

These are generally the exact same release file for file as the GOG ones, minus the extras.

I would hope that publishers (and Valve) have gotten less lazy about putting basically broken / unplayable games on the system, but that doesn't matter if the executable says "nope", does it?
Unreal Gold is unplayable without OldUnreal, I know that much. I seem to recall having read the same about sacrifice on Steam, as well as some other older games.
I just don't like gambling on whether or not shit will work. If someone says it works, that's good enough for me. If it doesn't, that's one less buy in the holiday pack that Eidos appears to be working towards (or something).
edit: sigh... Square-Enix...not Eidos...

Oh, and separate libraries for different purposes is ok with me. Except Origin, of course. :p

KarmaCow

Just a random FYI, FEAR 1 runs like absolute garbage (20fps at best) if you're using a Logitech mouse for some reason. I'm tempted to find a shitty mouse in the basement somewhere because otherwise the game a waste of a 17GB download.

Salsa

Oh I have notifications? Let me click on them!

loading loading loading loading

it's just a webpage why is this taking so long

spinning loading thing continues to spin

well how about the store then

loading loading loading

gah

not to mention it leads you to a screen that says wich notifications you have

then loads again to the notification you choose to see

then you have to go back to the notifications page if you had more than one

its fucking terrible

Don't be dense. Dota 2 and League of Legends are in ongoing and direct competition. Half Life/Left 4 Dead and Call of Duty are not.

It's really not that hard to grasp.

I won't be surprised if Valve doesn't give a shit about LoL being competition though.

They're always open about stuff that way.

Dunlop

New to the Humble Bumble dealio, I already donated last week and

" If you have already purchased the bundle, you can get the Steam keys for your bonus content right now for free from your download page"

...er what downloads page? Checked Steam Library-->Download but it is obviously not that

/noob

DTKT

Don't be dense. Dota 2 and League of Legends are in ongoing and direct competition. Half Life/Left 4 Dead and Call of Duty are not.

It's really not that hard to grasp.

Valve doesn't strike me as that type of company. They might just think, "let the better game win!".

Volcynika

New to the Humble Bumble dealio, I already donated last week and

" If you have already purchased the bundle, you can get the Steam keys for your bonus content right now for free from your download page"

...er what downloads page? Checked Steam Library-->Download but it is obviously not that

/noob

Go back to where you got your keys.

VALIS

loading loading loading

gah

I've stopped using the client for anything other than launching games. Everything else is much more easily done on their website with a regular browser.

Jawmuncher

Finally got my New PC hooked up and ready to go.
Wanted to play some Max Payne 1 but Lo and Behold its the one damn game not working at all. I have no clue as to why either.

"An error has occured in the graphics engine. Try to downgrade your screen mode and/or other settings by pressing the "options..." button in Max Payne startup dialog. Max Payne requires a DirectX 8 compatible display adapter. Please consult the troubleshooting readme in the installation folder.

Error:setFullscreen - creating the device failed:
D3DERR_DRIVERINTERNALERROR

Anyone here can lend a hand with fixing this?
The only idea I have is that i'll have to roll back drivers (Which I haven't tried but i'd rather not)

Grief.exe

loading loading loading

gah

I've stopped using the client for anything other than launching games. Everything else is much more easily done on their website with a regular browser.

Remember to fix your windows settings so steam can operate properly.

Control Panel > Internet Options > Connections Tab > LAN Settings > Uncheck Automatically Detect Settings

Finally got my New PC hooked up and ready to go.
Wanted to play some Max Payne 1 but Lo and Behold its the one damn game not working at all. I have no clue as to why either.

"An error has occured in the graphics engine. Try to downgrade your screen mode and/or other settings by pressing the "options..." button in Max Payne startup dialog. Max Payne requires a DirectX 8 compatible display adapter. Please consult the troubleshooting readme in the installation folder.

Error:setFullscreen - creating the device failed:
D3DERR_DRIVERINTERNALERROR

Anyone here can lend a hand with fixing this?
The only idea I have is that i'll have to roll back drivers (Which I haven't tried but i'd rather not)

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Max_Payne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom