• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoosTrax

What is it about the game that makes people suddenly get choosy? Often, "buy it, it's cool" from just one random stranger is enough to convince people.
Got spoiled by the DXHR deal. Now that was a steal, and a game I probably wouldn't regret if I had paid full price for it instead of <$10. Whereas Bulletstorm for me was more like, "eh, I guess I got my $5 worth out of it...on to the next game".

Bulletstorm is awesome. It looks absolutely gorgeous and the skillshot system makes the combat incredibly fun. AFAIK there are over 130 different skillshots so you're always looking for new ways to kill enemies, experimenting with weapon combos, using the environment to get kills. I suspect one would find it boring if they played it as a straight up cover and pop shooter, but going wild with the combat to get the maximum score possible is the best way to enjoy it. The game is also one of the most beautiful UE3 games to date, and it runs extremely well. It has it's flaws... very linear, invisible walls, very short but for 5$ there's no reason to skip this game.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
The style kills it for me. If it had any dignity it would probably be good.

Bulletstorm being compared to DNF is fucking depressing.

DNF is embarrassing, Bulletstorm is one of the most fun and well designed FPS games made in the last ten years.

MNC

Bulletstorm is so cheap... But i already bought so much. :/ i think id have to resize my backlog first.

Also, for other peiple on the fenvece: theres a demo.

Yeah. Depressing.
What is it about the game that makes people suddenly get choosy? Often, "buy it, it's cool" from just one random stranger is enough to convince people.
In my case it was the demo. Looking for these environmental kills and skill shots wasn't too interesting to me although I usually like score attack type games - pass.

mxgt

Banned
Bulletstorm is a well put together and fun shooter
DNF is absolute bottom of the barrel garbage

An absolute steal for that price, but it does have the downside of being a pretty shoddy port and GFWL

Bulletstorm is so cheap... But i already bought so much. :/ i think id have to resize my backlog first.

Remember how you were wondering whether to buy Trine 2? And then we told you that you should... and then you did... and you loved it?

Bulletstorm is the same.

Plus it's an EA game on Steam, so you never know when it might go on sale again, or even if it will remain there beyond tomorrow.

MNC

Remember how you were wondering whether to buy Trine 2? And then we told you that you should... and then you did... and you loved it?

Bulletstorm is the same.

Plus it's an EA game on Steam, so you never know when it might go on sale again, or even if it will remain there beyond tomorrow.

You guys pain me so...

The worst thing about Bulletstorm for me was the head wobble. I played on PS3, but if there was an option to turn it off or minimise it on PC I would double dip.

I still feel Trine 2 can go lower by summer so I shall wait. After picking up Trine for 99 cents several months ago, I'm hesitant to put down $7+ on the sequel.

Tess3ract

Banned
Bullestorm is okay. The script is the best part. The guns are okay, the graphics are eh. The actual combat sucks. No jumping? Fuck that.

Tess3ract

Banned
The whole background/skybox was just 2d sprites which was jarring any time there was distance to the shots, the combat was meh because of the lack of jumping, no matter the different style of guns.

derFeef

This is why we will never get a Bulletstorm 2... you guys are weird.

Bullestorm is okay. The script is the best part. The guns are okay, the graphics are eh. The actual combat sucks. No jumping? Fuck that.

uhm... Bulletstorm, not that other game you think of.

Baha

Well this is interesting, Subsoap put up an Infinity Bundle, pay once and get a unique key that gives access to all their new games forever:

Yes, we really do mean forever. After you purchase a bundle, you will be given a VIP code to redeem on one Subsoap account. After this code is redeemed, that account will have unlimited access to all future games which we release. Not only will the account have unlimited access to all future games, but also will have unlimited access to any other paid content that we release on our site. What is that other paid content? You will have to wait and see! &#8734;

http://www.infinitybundle.com/

And before anybody asks:

When we release a game on Steam, we will allow you to get a Steam key for that game from our site when you are logged in with your VIP account.

Well this is interesting, Subsoap put up an Infinity Bundle, pay once and get a unique key that gives access to all their new games forever:

http://www.infinitybundle.com/

And before anybody asks:

Yeah. Don't really get this. Fairy Solitaire is a great game, surprisingly so in fact, but even with the lowest 27$ it's going to take a while breaking even. Fairy Solitaire has been in about every sale forever and that's probably true for their upcoming games too.

But I guess this is one of those support the dev initiatives rather than being a deal bundle.

MNC

OKAY YOU GOT ME. ANYONE HELP ME WITH BULLETSTORM FROM US? PM/ADD MNC117

I'm such a whimp. Thank God the game is short so my backlog won't be very angry with me.

And done. Much obliged, Eyedrinker!

greenry

Bulletstorm is a well put together and fun shooter
DNF is absolute bottom of the barrel garbage

An absolute steal for that price, but it does have the downside of being a pretty shoddy port and GFWL

Shoddy port? Ran great for me.

Bulletstorm was one of my favourite games from 2011. For $5 it is a complete no brainier.

Aaron

The demo of Bulletstorm doesn't do it justice BUT you need to mod the ini to improve the framerate and disable the shitty mouse acceleration. Seriously devs, why do you put that in your games? You sell less copies because of it.

Ledsen

The whole background/skybox was just 2d sprites which was jarring any time there was distance to the shots, the combat was meh because of the lack of jumping, no matter the different style of guns.

Uhm... combat jumping in an fps? What kind of games are you playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom