• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tendo

I liked it enough to buy the DLC package. There seems to be a good number of people playing though I have yet to try the PVP stuff.

Same. I'm torn between celts and greeks - kind of dual leveling each for right now.

I can not get my peasant build orders down at all. First time I play a real person I'm going to get steamrolled.

chixdiggit

Same. I'm torn between celts and greeks - kind of dual leveling each for right now.

I can not get my peasant build orders down at all. First time I play a real person I'm going to get steamrolled.

I have only played with the Egyptians but plan to try out the other classes soon.

I also know what it is like to be steamrolled. I love these kind of games but am just too slow at them. I take too much time to think out a strategy when you should be reacting instantly.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I liked it enough to buy the DLC package. There seems to be a good number of people playing though I have yet to try the PVP stuff.

Yes you can play it alone. In fact that's all I have done so far. Not sure how it compares to AoE3 though.

How are the DLCs comparable to the expansions?

TheExodu5

Banned
Conquest has made Age of Empires terrible to me. I hate the fact that I win over the CPU and need to waste 10+ minutes just searching for his last buildings and units scattered all over the map.

1-D_FTW

Holy moly, dat Bulletstorm deal. Buy it folks, one of the finest FPS ever made.

Meh. Was a cent cheaper during the Holiday sale.*

Great deal for those who missed it. And you never know when EA is going to pull their games, so never a bad idea to jump on these when you can.

*Hey, it's the principle of the thing. A penny's a penny.

If you love quick time events and cut scenes every two minutes.

Still, for 5 bucks nobody's gonna get too mad if they don't like it. I've gone back to playing Assasin's Creed 2 after playing Bulletstorm for an hour. I got annoyed by how baddies seemed to constantly spawn in behind you. Not sure I'll ever revisit. But it's gorgeous. And for 5 bucks, worth trying if you're the least bit curious.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
If you love quick time events and cut scenes every two minutes.

That's being a bit reductive, no? There are some annoying QTE's and scripted interruptions in Bulletstorm, but that's obviously not why some of us are fond of the game. The skillshot system added a fun, combo-focused twist to the fast and gory combat, and I loved the colorful and stylized environments. It's linear and peppered with set piece moments, but I think it did the cinematic thrill-ride thing better than all the Call of Duties and Uncharteds.

derFeef

I don't even remember QTE. All I remember is fantastic gunfights and really nice environments. Plus the pacing is great and there was something new around every corner.

Dambrosi

Banned
Seeing as I already have Bulletstorm, which one, GAF? I can't decide between:

Trine Collector's Edition (for both Trine 1 and 2)
Gotham City Impostors (TB made it look goooooooooood) and Trine 1
Ys: The Oath In Felghana

Please make my choice for me
because I'm lazy
!

zkylon

zkylewd
Tempted to double dip on Bulletstorm, the game was beautiful and I loved its silly humor. Still, I feel I gotta save every buck for the inevitable Chris Avellone signed Wasteland 2 box tier...

I was about to buy Bulletstorm but then I saw it used GFWL. Does single player require me signing into it?

because I'm lazy
!

I bought YS, and it was a fantastic game. So worth it.

chixdiggit

because I'm lazy
!

Gotham City Impostors. Though Trine is excellent as well.

Dambrosi

Banned
I was about to buy Bulletstorm but then I saw it used GFWL. Does single player require me signing into it?

DiRT 3 made me sign into GFWL for single player, but it was only a minor inconvenience. Honestly, I think there's too much groundless complaining about GFWL in the gaming community, though two layers of sign-in is a bit stupid IMO.

I bought YS, and it was a fantastic game. So worth it.

OK, one vote for Ys. Anyone else?

Gotham City Impostors. Though Trine is excellent as well.

And one for Impostors. Any more? I'm leaning towards Ys, but I already have English-patched Ark of Napishtim and Origins from those Groupon.jp giveaways last year, and feel like I should at least try to finish them first. On the other hand, Impostors looks like so much fun, and I dig unlocks, but in the end, it's just another multi=player shooter with comic bells and whistles, and I already have Nuclear Dawn and PAYDAY: The Heist sitting there in my backlog, never/barely played.

DiRT 3 made me sign into GFWL for single player, but it was only a minor inconvenience. Honestly, I think there's too much groundless complaining about GFWL in the gaming community, though two layers of sign-in is a bit stupid IMO.

I had trouble getting GFWL working with Batman AA. Tainted the whole experience for me.

iavi

because I'm lazy
!

Put another down for Ys. I'm coming to the end of it, myself, and really enjoyed it.

zkylon

zkylewd
Trine 1... yay or nay? Also, does it have SecuROM?
I think the game's really bad (the visuals are amazing, but I didn't find any of the three characters particularly interesting to play and level, puzzle and combat design was pretty mediocre IMO) but most people dig it. 2 bucks is really cheap, tho.

Zimbardo

because I'm lazy
!

the choice is easy ...

since you're willing to spend up to $15 for Ys ...i'd recommend buying both Trine 2 and Gotham City Impostors. you get 2 good games for the price you'd pay for Ys.

more bang for the buck.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I think the game's really bad (the visuals are amazing, but I didn't find any of the three characters particularly interesting to play and level, puzzle and combat design was pretty mediocre IMO) but most people dig it. 2 bucks is really cheap, tho.
Is Trine 2 any better?

because I'm lazy
!

Ys. Seriously, it's the best action RPG I've played in a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom