• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if I get a CD key that I can activate on Steam if I buy Mount and Blade Warband from GamersGate?

I know that the retail version does activate on Steam, just not sure if EVERY copy comes with a key.

They raised the price of Witcher 2 ? *scratches head* Thought they would just keep it at the same price. Well, I'm not done with the first one so I'll just wait it out.

Deques

Does anyone know if I get a CD key that I can activate on Steam if I buy Mount and Blade Warband from GamersGate?

I know that the retail version does activate on Steam, just not sure if EVERY copy comes with a key.

The description usually have that information. I checked it, and it doesn't mention Steam at all

He looks more and more like a bigger Jared Harris. He rocks that beard!

FTFY

I was not aware the code was for only one game :/ I just thought you had to check em out one at a time due to a glitch, I only even took the 2 steam enabled one and lost both. Ah well, Titan Attacks was kinda meh, but I'll get revenge of the titans in a steam sale.

Wok

Mine is gone too. :)

[...]

What happened to the savegame in the clouds?

The achievements for Titan Attacks do not appear anymore. Does that mean the save is no longer in the clouds? How does it usually work with the free weekends?

FfUJw.jpg

i [...] got banned
didnt even want the other 3 games except titan attacks but got 3hrs of gameplay and lesson learnt .

Exactly as I, even the number of hours.

It also looks like Puppy Games has reinstated some keys for people who ordered more than one. You'll need to reregister your game, but only the first one you got.

And next time don't be so greedy.

There is hope. The error message is different. Nice move from Puppy, or so it seems.

How do I do that?

http://www.puppygames.net/steam/

gdt

I've got a big problem. Steam somehow removed my non-steam games from my library, and I can't for the life of me remember what was in there. Steam can find a few itself, but I know it couldn't find Alice, Crysis 2, Alpha Centauri, Rayman 3, Bulletstorm etc etc etc. I can't remember what non steam games I've bought. They just go straight on the backlog and I forget about them. I think from now on I'll think twice about buying non-steam games, for that reason. Now to dig through my computer to add the games back.

1-D_FTW

They raised the price of Witcher 2 ? *scratches head* Thought they would just keep it at the same price. Well, I'm not done with the first one so I'll just wait it out.

Not the worst strategy I guess. Capitalize on the buzz created by the update. Then in a couple weeks, put it on sale and get the holdouts.

Nabs

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is the Midweek Madness @ 33%. It's $40 in the US store. It's £20 in the UK store ($32).

HoosTrax

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is the Midweek Madness @ 33%. It's $40 in the US store. It's £20 in the UK store ($32).
On the one hand, it's a lot of content and a large world (74.5 hours worth of gameplay for me for the base game). On the other, it does get fairly repetitive and crafting is overpowered to the point where all of the unique gear drops I ever got just ended up stored in my house.

I don't know if I care enough about revisiting the game to buy the two DLCs.

Sysgen

...and when you add in the $20 worth of dlc ................... will wait for a package deal. $53.99 for the collection isn't a deal.

HoosTrax

33% is hardly "madness". I swear Steam sales are getting worse.
In this particular case, I wouldn't be surprised if there was an agreement made by 38 Studios with EA that the Steam version of the game could not undercut the price of the Origin version.

Zimbardo

33% is hardly "madness". I swear Steam sales are getting worse.

yeah, i was thinking that a couple weeks ago and i'm thinking it again.

i've been seeing a lot of 40%, 50% off lately ...and 33% off, like you said, is hardly worthy of any kind of 'madness'.

i miss the days of 75% off this and sometimes 80% off that.

the devs know that everyone is using Steam now, so there's no need to drop the price as heavily i guess.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
yeah, i was thinking that a couple weeks ago and i'm thinking it again.

i've been seeing a lot of 40%, 50% off lately ...and 33% off, like you said, is hardly worthy of any kind of 'madness'.

i miss the days of 75% off this and sometimes 80% off that.

the devs know that everyone is using Steam now, so there's no need to drop the price as heavily i guess.
You don't make your first price drop 75%. You want everyone to pay the most that they're willing to, so you "price skim" at different price points. $50, $40, $30, etc.

Zimbardo

You don't make your first price drop 75%. You want everyone to pay the most that they're willing to, so you "price skim" at different price points. $50, $40, $30, etc.

ya i'm not suggesting that Kingdoms, which is only a couple months old, have a price drop of 75% right off the bat.

i was just saying that i'm not seeing sales of 75% off as much as i used to ...just in general.

like even the daily deal is 66% off today. a couple years ago that stuff would most likely have been 75% off.

Tambini

ya i'm not suggesting that Kingdoms, which is only a couple months old, have a price drop of 75% right off the bat.

i was just saying that i'm not seeing sales of 75% off as much as i used to ...just in general.

like even the daily deal is 66% off today. a couple years ago that stuff would most likely have been 75% off.

A couple of years ago there was no daily deals :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom