• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
The biggest assholes in that situation were the ones who told others the code with instruction to get all 4 games without any mention of the tweet. If you want to exploit something by your own choice, that's bad enough, but to guide everyone else to do so without even letting them know so that they can choose for themselves if that's how they want to act? Super assholes.

The biggest assholes in that situation were the ones who told others the code with instruction to get all 4 games without any mention of the tweet. If you want to exploit something by your own choice, that's bad enough, but to guide everyone else to do so without even letting them know so that they can choose for themselves if that's how they want to act? Super assholes.

If it's any personal consolation I didn't know it was a one-time thing until after. I grabbed Ultratron and Droid Assault, having paid for RoTT and Titan Attacks legitimately previously. If they de-register me from the two I nabbed with the code I won't mind, obviously, and I'll certainly buy them if they ever turn up on Steam. That Paradroid clone is some good stuff.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Looking at youtube vids, I can't stand the way the camera acts. I hope Ultratron is coming to Steam with this new 3.0 version they're talking about because I love me some Robotron action.

eldoon

i fell in this trap , didnt know about the limit and got banned
didnt even want the other 3 games except titan attacks but got 3hrs of gameplay and lesson learnt .

However there seems to be some backlash about the way it was handled
http://www.puppygames.net/blog/?p=1082#comments

Sendou

Wait, I can't access those links here - I'm not gonna get banned from the games I previously legitimately purchased, am I?

Nope. If you got multiple Puppygames Steam codes then those will be disabled but that's it. If you made a macro to get tons of codes for sell and trade then Steam may take actions against your account.

Sarcasm

Was there a patching guide for Fallout 1/2/tactics?

I have the GoG version. I am going to play on a laptop with a resolution of 1366x768.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Was there a patching guide for Fallout 1/2/tactics?

I have the GoG version. I am going to play on a laptop with a resolution of 1366x768.

Amazing I know, but the GOG thread actually has tons of info on games you can purchase from there: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=24328015&postcount=4

Minsc said:
Fallout
Mod Guide (<- Use this for info) - Highlights: Semi-official patch v1.2.1 (includes children patch), Unofficial patch v1.3.5 [alt], High-Resolution Patch v3.0.5, NPC Mod
Fallout FIXT - Compilation of most popular fixes/mods in one simple package
Troubleshooting:
- Color problems? CHANGE the line "COLOUR_BITS = 8" to "COLOUR_BITS = 16" in f1_res.ini.
- Crashing? Try deleting/renaming the ddraw.dll file and setting your resolution and colour in the ini file
- Make sure in the compatibility tab, the 256-color mode option is not checked off.
- Windowed mode? Try D3DWindower. Be sure to use 8-bit color in f1res.ini. General setup help.

Relax.MX

Fuck you capitalism!! i have my card again and I feel a need to buy something

PD: Thanks to all to help me in the bad time (especial thanks to Xelios and Confused )...i dont buy something since november

The Witcher 2 is mine now. It doesn't say "Enhanced Edition" like it says with The Witcher 1 in the Steam library though. The game is 18 GB big.

edit: nvm, it does.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Wonder if they'll have a four-pack again. I'm not all that hyped for SFxT anymore, but I might go in if my friends are interested.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
"System Requirements: Requires file system support for files up to 8 GB"

Never noticed that. How many people even know how to check for that?

It should be the default. Unless you've intentionally formatted your drive to be FAT32, or you're trying to run the game off of an external hard drive formatted that way, you should have NTFS. Some people are weird, though.

EDIT: Windows has been using NTFS since Windows NT nearly a decade ago. NTFS supports files up to 16 TB. Don't worry about it.

HoosTrax

"System Requirements: Requires file system support for files up to 8 GB"

Never noticed that. How many people even know how to check for that?
Hopefully that's not indicative of the sizes of the patches for the game (although judging from the supposed 11GB EE update, maybe it is).

What is the verdict on Avernum: Escape From The Pit? I only have an old macbook for the next few weeks until I move my computer home for the summer. It looks like a decent rpg fix until I can continue The Witcher 2.

Blizzard

Banned
Is hydrophobia worth it?
I think it's interesting, and the first 1/3 or 2/3 of the game might be decent. Overall consensus is that it's not a good game, but if you want to play a short game for $1.24 and you have a nice PC for the water tech, then you might like it.

General consensus seems to be that the last part of the game is bad.

Ifrit

I think it's interesting, and the first 1/3 or 2/3 of the game might be decent. Overall consensus is that it's not a good game, but if you want to play a short game for $1.24 and you have a nice PC for the water tech, then you might like it.

General consensus seems to be that the last part of the game is bad.

Just decent? Hmm I think I pass for now, still have too many games in my backlog, maybe some other time

Thank you :)

Derrick01

Banned
Rage for $10 is a steal. Really good game for what it set out to be (read: NOT a RPG, even though it has elements).

Enjoy downloading 25gb though ;)

ShaneB

Predicting a Witcher midweek madness... seems obvious I guess, but who knows. edit: or maybe not with it being labelled a new release and already 15% off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom