• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.
If i want to play the FEAR expansions (Perseus and Extraction Point) does the main game need to be installed?

Im asking because the FEAR vanilla instalation is a massive 16GB.

Hope someone knows this.

Stitch

Gold Member
Yes, you need the whole 16GB.

edit: FEAR vanilla isn't 16GB. If you install FEAR then Steam will also install the expansions for some reason.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
If i want to play the FEAR expansions (Perseus and Extraction Point) does the main game need to be installed?

Im asking because the FEAR vanilla instalation is a massive 16GB.

Hope someone knows this.

I'm pretty sure it's a one size fits all download. If you download Extraction Point, it automatically downloads vanilla as well.

MRORANGE

as mentioned above it's the whole 16gb for all 3 games, Monolith/WB must have used the same disc installer that was used as the F.E.A.R. Complete Edition DVD

ie* it installs all 3 games in 1 go

Javaman

Looks like WARP want's you to login every single time your start the game, if you do this your game save is saved online so you cannot use it for offline play (vice versa)

This is amazingly stupid, it doesn't help that the game will not remember your origin details and will ask every single time for your username and password

C6Vb6.jpg

it's a fun stealth based game but really this shit is intolerable.

"Thanks for warping out with us!"

lame. in the afternoon i tried the demo of arkham asylum on my old laptop. it ran perfectly. no problems at all. so this is when i decided to buy the game off steam. but when i started it it ran like shit. low framerate all over the place. even with details low :(

Try disabling the physics gfx engine.

Javaman

lame. in the afternoon i tried the demo of arkham asylum on my old laptop. it ran perfectly. no problems at all. so this is when i decided to buy the game off steam. but when i started it it ran like shit. low framerate all over the place. even with details low :(

Try disabling the physics gfx engine.

Edit: ah, saw that you already did. And double post failure.

decided to clear up the backlog a bit and ive been playing splinter cell conviction for a few hours now..

.. this aint too bad guys, its super stupid, but the gameplay is alright. i really dont mind the "mark to kill" thing

I couldn't stand it. I guess if you were able to go into the game without any baggage carried over from the rest of the franchise it could be a half decent weekend romp, but between it being "super stupid" and shitting all over the franchise and putting in horrible segments which weren't fun (that iraq segment is where I had to turn it off) and every enemy going "I'M GOING TO RAPE YOUR MOTHER, FISHER, YOU BITCH ASS I HATE YOU FISHER WHY DID YOU RUN OVER MY DOG FISHER? YOU COULD HAVE AT LEAST PAID THE VET BILLS FISHER!". It got trite in its first minute.

Two questions:

1. Is anyone here from Russia?
2. I figure i may as well ask here. Im using my 42 inch tv as my monitor and am trying to create a custom resolution of 2560 x 1440 but nothing seems to work. My tv does 1920x1080p but i cant even seem to gwt that working. The native resolution is 1280x720p. Im using a gtx 680 if that helps. Is it just not possible using a tv to have said resolution?

Thanks.

Blizzard

Banned
I couldn't stand it. I guess if you were able to go into the game without any baggage carried over from the rest of the franchise it could be a half decent weekend romp, but between it being "super stupid" and shitting all over the franchise and putting in horrible segments which weren't fun (that iraq segment is where I had to turn it off) and every enemy going "I'M GOING TO RAPE YOUR MOTHER, FISHER, YOU BITCH ASS I HATE YOU FISHER WHY DID YOU RUN OVER MY DOG FISHER? YOU COULD HAVE AT LEAST PAID THE VET BILLS FISHER!". It got trite in its first minute.
I like the comic about that: http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2010/4/16/

chrislowe

ok, i'm new to Steam and wanted to play Batman yesterday, so i searched for it and found a bundle with Batman city and asylum for what i thought was a great deal. only 28 euro. Later that night i understood that i saved the big amount of 1.5euros.... ok

but today when i logged into steam, it says batman bundle 14euro.
It was like putting salt into my open wounds!.

Is there some way to get some refund for this? :)

I also bought my ipad 1 5 days before ipad 2 was released.. :-/, so i guess its ok to laugh at me.

Patriot2

Banned
Two questions:

1. Is anyone here from Russia?
2. I figure i may as well ask here. Im using my 42 inch tv as my monitor and am trying to create a custom resolution of 2560 x 1440 but nothing seems to work. My tv does 1920x1080p but i cant even seem to gwt that working. The native resolution is 1280x720p. Im using a gtx 680 if that helps. Is it just not possible using a tv to have said resolution?

Thanks.

No way to change the resolution in windows (if your'e using windows)?

try that, plus if the tv says 1920x1080p then that's the highest it can go (I think?)

Yes, you need the whole 16GB.

edit: FEAR vanilla isn't 16GB. If you install FEAR then Steam will also install the expansions for some reason.
I'm pretty sure it's a one size fits all download. If you download Extraction Point, it automatically downloads vanilla as well.
as mentioned above it's the whole 16gb for all 3 games, Monolith/WB must have used the same disc installer that was used as the F.E.A.R. Complete Edition DVD

ie* it installs all 3 games in 1 go
Thanks Stich, Stallion and Mr.Orange.

My confusion emerged because after FEAR was installed the client put both Extraction Point and Perseus in pause, when infact all 3 were downloaded simultaneously.

Edit: Anyone knows how to put Extraction Point in 1920*1200?

Cool I didn't even know Aquanox was on Steam.

Not sure if buy though, I remember that game as a really cool graphical showcase and not really as a game, I might not have given it a chance though.

HoosTrax

Not sure if buy though, I remember that game as a really cool graphical showcase and not really as a game, I might not have given it a chance though.
That makes two of us. I just remember the length of the dialogue cutscenes being longer than the length of the missions themselves.

Wok

Is there any estimate of the number of Steam users having access to the beta of Dota2 and CS:GO? Indeed, the stats page always surprises me: there is about 5 million concurrent users, and 50 thousands play Dota2, 60k play CS, 55k play CS:S, yet less than 7 hundreds play CS:GO.

Edit: CS:CZ accounts for about 5k users.

I've been playing the hell out of CS:GO, it's more fun than source due to the slightly better visuals and the gameplay feels a little better to me as well.

Small details like the smoke that guns emit is pretty effective.

I am getting a solid 200 fps+ at all times with the game completely maxed out with Adaptive MSAA and 2560x1440 though, lol.

Salsa

I couldn't stand it. I guess if you were able to go into the game without any baggage carried over from the rest of the franchise it could be a
half decent weekend romp, but between it being "super stupid" and shitting all over the franchise and putting in horrible segments which weren't fun (that iraq segment is where I had to turn it off) and every enemy going "I'M GOING TO RAPE YOUR MOTHER, FISHER, YOU BITCH ASS I HATE YOU FISHER WHY DID YOU RUN OVER MY DOG FISHER? YOU COULD HAVE AT LEAST PAID THE VET BILLS FISHER!". It got trite in its first minute.

I love the previous games but i went in with low expectations because of what ive heard, so i guess that helps.

that iraq shooter part was fuckin embarrasing and i almost gave up, but surprisingly enough there hasnt been any more of those

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
780k person closed beta lol. Most games wish they could get that many people in the full game.

And the only reason it is closed is because Valve Literally doesn't have enough servers to suport a much higher player base till they get more, then they give more keys out. I am sure their economics who likely also double as staticians tell them the number of players they can support with their current number of servers.

All I know is that Valve needs one instance of the game for roughly every 3-4 people actually playing, due to private and bot games.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I've been playing the hell out of CS:GO, it's more fun than source due to the slightly better visuals and the gameplay feels a little better to me as well.

Small details like the smoke that guns emit is pretty effective.

I am getting a solid 200 fps+ at all times with the game completely maxed out with Adaptive MSAA and 2560x1440 though, lol.

I definitely prefer GO to Source, although some Aussie servers west of Sydney would be nice (can't stand playing with an ~80+ ping).

CS:GO is for sure better than CS:S. I have your back on that one.

:brofist

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I definitely prefer GO to Source, although some Aussie servers west of Sydney would be nice (can't stand playing with an ~80+ ping).

CS:GO is for sure better than CS:S. I have your back on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom