• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurahador

uh...guys...could someone help?

someone who i traded CS:GO with said this:
ZXUjU.jpg

is he fucking with me or what?

Sendou

uh...guys...could someone help?

someone who i traded CS:GO with said this:
ZXUjU.jpg

is he fucking with me or what?

Sounds more like problem with his system than the game.

EDIT: Also if you google "Norton CS:GO problems" then you will discover that there has been various other people having problems with that. So tell him to consult Google or better yet shift to a good anti-virus program.

EDIT2: Tell him to add CS:GO to his exceptions list and see if it helps.

Arkham Asylum is definitely worth it at this price, right? I played the demo awhile ago and it was pretty good, I'm just a little worried it will be repetitive - but I'm guessing not considering the acclaim it has. I really like the Nolan Batman films, so I should like this, right?

C_H_T

Arkham Asylum is definitely worth it at this price, right? I played the demo awhile ago and it was pretty good, I'm just a little worried it will be repetitive - but I'm guessing not considering the acclaim it has. I really like the Nolan Batman films, so I should like this, right?

Arkham City is even better.

AA is one of my favourite games this generation. I doubt you'll be disappointed, even though it doesn't have much in common with the Nolan movies.

ShaneB

I just started playing Arkham City last night, and yeah, it's awesome. Runs great, and makes me maybe want to double dip and get AA on Steam. I've only played like an hour or so, but I'm hooked.

Jucksalbe

Banned
There's a collection of doujin shmups that was supposed to come out on Steam a month ago (I think?). Sadly, I forgot the name, so if anybody knows what I'm talking about: Was this released? And what was the name again?

Also, anybody played Pole Position 2012? Any impressions?

Vigilance

There's a collection of doujin shmups that was supposed to come out on Steam a month ago (I think?). Sadly, I forgot the name, so if anybody knows what I'm talking about: Was this released? And what was the name again?

Also, anybody played Pole Position 2012? Any impressions?

Was it eXceed? The Nyu Media games aren't out on steam yet.

C_H_T

It's a fun game but short, some of the proceeds due to go to charity.

A small question: does this game support native 1080p resolution? (unlike Lumines on Steam)

edit: Thanks, Xelios and MRORANGE for answering me.

Yes, it does support.
Here I come, take my money.

edit 2: First impressions: You can actually play this game without a controller. You can use the mouse to place the blocks and by scrolling the scroll wheel or by clicking on the 2nd mouse button you will be able to rotate the blocks.
If you like Tetris or Lumines, you definitely have to try this out.

Salsa

weUdj.png

Cant see a playthrough lasting much less than that, didnt rush it but at the same time i didnt beat around the bush either. Great lenght.

I think one of the reasons i loved it so much is because the gameplay feels like a mixture of Silent Hill and Resident Evil 4 in a way.. and that sounds like the best thing ever

MRORANGE

If Chime is short, then I must be playing the wrong game. I'm afraid to say how much time I have in it.

Short in terms of actual levels, I would have gladly paid DLC for some extra songs/levels.

I never got hooked on the leaderboard scores.

kurahador

I think one of the reasons i loved it so much is because the gameplay feels like a mixture of Silent Hill and Resident Evil 4 in a way.. and that sounds like the best thing ever

What a coincidence, I've just beaten Dead Space and thought that game feels like a mixture of RE4+SH. Guess I need to try Alan Wake now.

svegis

Daily deal:

Chime -75%

€1,-
$1.25
£1.00

http://store.steampowered.com/app/62100/

Steam review said:
It plays similar to Lumines(think Tetris), sports spectacular music, with a twist. The catch here is that you create 'quads', 3x3 squares on the board, which then adds instruments (drum beats, flutes, vocals and so forth). These overlap ambient or techno tunes by getting rolled over by a beat line. It might sound confusing, and the lack of a "How to Play" section might scare some off, but it's worth the time it takes to learn, not only to kick back and listen to some great music, but to experience something new. And hey, 5% of your purchase will go towards charity, what more motivation can you need!

Short review I wrote, and like people mentioned, it can be elongated for as long as you wish. Just like any other game with a leaderboard!

Wok

I have just noticed Botanicula does not have a proper logo for Steam grid view of the library, which is strange for such a game. Visually, the game is okay, although it is the audio which is the most impressive, yet this is not a reason for lacking a proper logo.

I have just noticed Botanicula does not have a proper logo for Steam grid view of the library, which is strange for such a game. Visually, the game is okay, although it is the audio which is the most impressive, yet this is not a reason for lacking a proper logo.

Wait for it to be released on steam and then it will have a logo.

AndyD

aka andydumi

Its because its not yet for sale through Steam individually, only as part of the bundle. When its available on Steam alone, it will have an icon.

Edit: beaten.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Arkham City is awesome, anyone currently thinking about buying it should totally do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom