• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

I'm not at home to check, but does Grid view organise all your games (both Steam and non-STeam added games) in alphabetical order, or does it do what List view does when you sort it by installed/not installed, and list all your non-Steam games at the end of the list?

Non-Steam games integrated alphabetically.

I know FIFA 12 is on origin but is the PC version any good and is there a lot of people that play online? After selling my consoles, that is basically the only game I really miss playing.

ShaneB

Oh, nice. My ignorance is due to the fact I don't use Steam's inbuilt screenshot function. ;)

Heh, I tend to forget about it as well. When I was playing Guild Wars 2, I was messing around with the in game screenshot keybind, and it was the same as Steam, so I took some shots. Then I later saw those screens get put up as the background image so I thought that was neat.

HoosTrax

The one thing I don't like about the built-in screenshot feature is the high compression rate it uses. It's useful for some things, but not really for desktop wallpaper-grade images. The compression artifacts are a bit too much.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Once again, the conservative PC-heavy portfolio pays off for the hungry gamer.

xoDaX.png

I bad mouthed Puzzle Dimension before in this thread, citing a difficulty spike. But I take it back, the game is really good to just sit back and listen to some music or podcasts with. It's not like there are a lot of well made puzzle platformers around anymore.

Yeah, I would love a perma-hide that removes them from your community page and list until you uncheck a box. Burying games in a category at the bottom of my list isn't good enough.

Even Apple has this for their apps. The only problem is that it doesn't register your purchase when you hide an app, making it possible to purchase the same game twice by mistake. Apparently I was wrong.

Reading some of the comments on in this thread you'd think Valve's profits would rise 50% if they did that.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Even Apple has this for their apps. The only problem is that it doesn't register your purchase when you hide an app, making it possible to purchase the same game twice by mistake.

Reading some of the comments on in this thread you'd think Valve's profits would rise 50% if they did that.

I would never make the mistake of buying some of these shit games again. The experiences are etched into my brain.

Sanic

So now all we need is big picture to launch in some capacity this week.

There are so many games I would much rather play lying on a couch as opposed to sitting in my comfy desk chair.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
This custom icon thing is great preparation for big picture mode. Now I'll rarely need to touch my mouse again, just controller launch all the programs I use on my tv with nice icons. Well, guess I'll need to mouse around the emulators, but it's a start.

Blizzard

Banned
I would never make the mistake of buying some of these shit games again. The experiences are etched into my brain.
I don't really understand how some people can buy games they hate so much. I've had like, maybe one or two Steam games out of hundreds that I've regretted buying. If you're in doubt, always wait for Joe Molotov to try it first.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I don't really understand how some people can buy games they hate so much. I've had like, maybe one or two Steam games out of hundreds that I've regretted buying. If you're in doubt, always wait for Joe Molotov to try it first.

The demo wasn't an accurate representation of the game or the game didn't have one? How many of the hundreds of games you purchased have you played to completion? It isn't always apparent how shit a game is from just trying it for an hour or two.

The Lord of the Rings Online is now available on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/news/8147/

Sweet, thanks.

Even Apple has this for their apps. The only problem is that it doesn't register your purchase when you hide an app, making it possible to purchase the same game twice by mistake.

The purchase is tied to your account, so it's basically impossible to buy the same game twice on the App Store, unless you create a new account. Even though it used to say "Are you sure you want to buy this?" the 2nd time you downloaded the app it wouldn't charge you.

ArjanN

I know FIFA 12 is on origin but is the PC version any good and is there a lot of people that play online? After selling my consoles, that is basically the only game I really miss playing.

FIFA is like Call of Duty big in Europe. I don't think finding games will be much of a problem for the next decade or so. :p

abracadaver

How much is quake on steam ? Or doom 3 ?

Isnt there a bundle of all quake games ? Or all doom games ? I cant see the prices because the games are not available in germany :(

Nabs

How much is quake on steam ? Or doom 3 ?

Isnt there a bundle of all quake games ? Or all doom games ? I cant see the prices because the games are not available in germany :(

The Quake Collection is $30, the Doom one is $34.99. Wait a few weeks (Summer Sale) and get someone to gift you the pack that includes both.

Megasoum

Banned
Neat, looks like the only two games that don't have proper images for me are the TF2 beta and CSGO Beta. I grabbed the great TF2 Beta image from this thread, anybody got a good CSGO one?

Blizzard

Banned
The demo wasn't an accurate representation of the game or the game didn't have one? How many of the hundreds of games you purchased have you played to completion? It isn't always apparent how shit a game is from just trying it for an hour or two.
Well actually PLAYING the Steam games you bought was your first mistake, sheesh.

The Quake Collection is $30, the Doom one is $34.99. Wait a few weeks (Summer Sale) and get someone to gift you the pack that includes both.
Is there a QuakeCon this year? Last year they had a pack then with all id Software games and Bethesda games for a pretty good price.

Nabs

Thanks.

How much do you think will they cost during the summer sale ?

The Super ID Pack was $30 last year. That was before Rage, so it may be a lil more this year.

Neat, looks like the only two games that don't have proper images for me are the TF2 beta and CSGO Beta. I grabbed the great TF2 Beta image from this thread, anybody got a good CSGO one?

That's weird. Here it is: http://cdn.steampowered.com/v/gfx/apps/1800/header.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wonder if Wolf09 will be added to the id Super Pack when Bethesda brings it back to Steam.

louiedog

Far Cry Complete is $4.99. Each games is $2.49 individually. That means you save a penny if you add the individual games to your cart instead of the bundle. A WHOLE PENNY!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Whenever I see something Far Cry, I want Far Cry 2 to not be shit. Unfortunately, it will always be shit, so I won't reinstall it.

Ubisoft, please don't fuck up Far Cry 3.

HoosTrax

A DD that I'm actually mildly interested in for a change...

(I actually have both...but all those pesky CDs for Far Cry 1 hmm...)

louiedog

Whenever I see something Far Cry, I want Far Cry 2 to not be shit. Unfortunately, it will always be shit, so I won't reinstall it.

Ubisoft, please don't fuck up Far Cry 3.

I was really looking forward to Far Cry 2, but a bunch of things got in the way when it came out. Eventually it went free on PS+ so I downloaded, played about 2 hours, and had no desire to go back in. I don't know if it was just too late, or other factors, but I was definitely disappointed.

Zia

Getting Far Cry 2.

Q: are Valve showing off Big Picture mode at E3 today? I remember someone (Gabe?) saying it'd be at E3, but I haven't been able to find any info.

plc268

Far Cry 2 is shooter of the generation so far, so if you don't want to be an asshole then go buy it!!!

It was fun until it just got too damn repetitive. Great graphics and scenery, but the constant respawning enemies really got on my nerves (checkpoints you cleared out would respawn much too quickly, IMO).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom