• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

xJavonta

Banned
Why would you want to play a FPS on the PC with gamepad support.

Did they patch in FOV slider? That's the MOST IMPORTANT THING.

Uhh what? I like comfy couch mode thank you very much.

After all, PC is about options, and not having options is fucking stupid.

Also, I just played the Resident Evil demo and I'm not seeing the fun in it. It's really shallow.

dimon222

Neo Member
There was a new steam community within first minute after scheduled maintnaince.
I just collected all pics from different sources and there's a copypaste from related thread (somewhere there)

http://imgur.com/a/Bxduh

What you think? I just feel that I don't want it.

xJavonta

Banned
Having the option to play shallow games is cool too.

True, we get to experience all kinds of games. lackluster or stellar lol

There was a new steam community within first minute after scheduled maintnaince.
I just collected all pics from different sources and there's a copypaste from related thread (somewhere there)

http://imgur.com/a/Bxduh

What you think? I just feel that I don't want it.
I like it. Looks a lot more "streamlined" I guess. Slicker.

whats wrong with revelations?

It's boring to me. That's all. Based off that demo I can't see the game getting any deeper than that. Shoot shit, scan shit, pick up shit, repeat.

Again, just my personal opinion. It's not for me.

FYC

Banned
I was talking to a little kid NPC in ROSE online and he transformed into this

CLMBpBa.png

holy fuck what

Karakand

and he stops being a drunk at some random point in the game, and for some reason it's remotely hinted that him being a dumb american is also a factor (which could be the single most interesting thing about the game, except at the end the dumb american is still the hero, bruce willis style).

It's not some random point in the game, it's in response to a spectacular failure and the realization that he's nothing but a clown--a rather common beginning to the process of sobriety.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
It's not some random point in the game, it's in response to a spectacular failure and the realization that he's nothing but a clown--a rather common beginning to the process of sobriety.

Nah brah, it's just shitting writing, especially when compared to that other magical 3rd person shooter.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Dishonored's trivial retailer-exclusive pre-order DLC is finally available separately. Huzzah!

zkylon

zkylewd
can't quite remember but from wikipedia it's just that he decides "ok gotta get my act together" at some random point. he could've turned good earlier or later, the moment it happens is not nearly as dramatic or important as it should be.

but yeah stallion gets it right, shitting writing it is

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
you have miscontrued my post, there was no hostility, merely amusement, despite having been driven to near insanity because of years of googling to check if a game has gamepad support and without fail finding threads inquiring about gamepad support filled not with answers but instead the aforementioned 'why don't you just use kb/m it's better'read the sentence as a whole
thanks yeah i found out as much when browsing the steam forum, too bad but as i mentioned i've got controller support working nicely except shooting a gun, which thankfully is not a terribly common occurrence thus far
You know what, I still think you should play it with k&m.

huh? the game can be silly and provide context for its silliness at the same time. the super hyper exaggerated poeticness of max's monologues is the same thing, it's hilarious but at the same time it's well written and fitting for the setting and the character.

and that's exactly the problem with mp3's out of the blue GTA characters. they spawn and say some fun shit and disappear from existence without reason or meaning. and even then it always falls flat because of poor writing.

in max payne 3 max loathes all these people around him (who could blame him, after all, they're written by dan houser...) and he's not amusing in the slightest, the tv shows are boring and obvious and there's no crazy dream sequences or anything like the address unknown funhouse.

also max is an unlikable whiny deadbeat drunk

blegh
I really want to reply to this, because it's a game that I find worth discussing about. But it's 2:00 here, so I gotta go to bed. If someone can remind me to do it another time, I'll be glad to write about why I liked the game, and the new Max, and even the writing. Maybe I should replay it before doing that, so I have it more fresh in my mind, but it's certainly something that I'd like to do.

Khronico

huh? the game can be silly and provide context for its silliness at the same time. the super hyper exaggerated poeticness of max's monologues is the same thing, it's hilarious but at the same time it's well written and fitting for the setting and the character.

and that's exactly the problem with mp3's out of the blue GTA characters. they spawn and say some fun shit and disappear from existence without reason or meaning. and even then it always falls flat because of poor writing.

in max payne 3 max loathes all these people around him (who could blame him, after all, they're written by dan houser...) and he's not amusing in the slightest, the tv shows are boring and obvious and there's no crazy dream sequences or anything like the address unknown funhouse.

also max is an unlikable whiny deadbeat drunk

blegh

I dunno, I played it on PS3 a while back and loved it. I'm a huge fan of the series, I play through 1-2 every year. I didn't think the writing was bad. Overdrawn, but not bad. Yeah, there wasn't some of the cool TV shows, no dream sequences, etc but it's not a gamebreaker. The characters ARE extremely over-the-top and overexaggerated stereotypes, for the most part, I'll agree with you there.

JaseC

I initially thought it odd that an MMO new to Steam is having a 75% off sale on its DLC, but then I noticed the base price for the costume bundles is $70.

In other news, I finally did it.

bQHHJ2e.jpg

1000 actual games.

Steam's fake count on the profile page puts me at 1329. Still don't know exactly where it makes that number up from but whatever.

Thank you :)

I might as well give something away too. I'm sure everyone has it already:

Thank you for saying thank you! And for giving away other games.

JaseC

Is it pay to win dlc or pay to rock dlc?

It's pay-to-I-have-no-idea-but-I-bought-some-of-it DLC. ;)

Edit: Oh, I thought you quoted my other post. I'm not sure what category it falls under.

Edit edit:
Shadow Rat Pack:
Bone Charm Bonuses:

Delicate Touch - Breaking glass creates less noise. (This would destroy "Stone Cold" Steve Austin's entrance, btw.)

Voyeur - Keyhole peeping magnification. (Only useful in the game. Sorry perverts!)

Deep Breather - Underwater breathing capacity bonus.

It also comes with the Golden Rat in-game statue, which unlocks an additional slot for bone charm bonuses, 500 bonus coins and the Unhidden Book: Field Notes- The Royal Spy

Backstreet Butcher Pack:
Bone Charm Bonuses:

Fencer - Sword vs Sword advantage bonus. (Does this seem like a game with a lot of swords in it to you? If you answer no, don't get the game and get checked out for an unhealthy sword fetish instead.)

Fire Water- Increased whiskey bottle explosions. (ß Coolest. Sentence. Ever)

Blast Resistant - Reduced explosion damage.

You also get the Wolfhound in-game statue that unlocks a bone charm bonus slot, 500 coins and a copy of the Unhidden Book: Early Life And Times - Slackjaw

Acrobatic Killer Pack:
Bone Charm Bonuses:

Raven- Health bonus for drop-down assassinations.

Quick Dodge- Bolt/Arrow dodging bonus. (Only useful in the game. Sorry Deer!)

River Affinity- Increased swimming speed (And, possibly, love of rivers.)

Gamers also got their bonus charm slot statue, but this time it's a Hagfish! And you get the 500 coins and an Unhidden Book: Rumors And Sightings - Daud.

Arcane Assassin Pack:
Bone Charm Bonuses:

White Rat Friend - White rats not hostile. (They do think they're better than you, though.)

Void Channel - Powers Duration/Damage bonus.

Gutter Feast - White rat consumption for mana. (Only useful in game. Sorry crazy homeless guy on the subway!)

The bonus charm slot statue for Gamestop pre-orders is a whale, and everyone gets the 500 bonus coins and a copy of the Unhidden Book: Field Notes - The Journal Of Granny Rags

----------

In other news, I finally did it.

bQHHJ2e.jpg

1000 actual games.

Steam's fake count on the profile page puts me at 1329. Still don't know exactly where it makes that number up from but whatever.

Welcome to the club! To answer your implied question, the Community game count looks at your subs and considers every app they contain a "game" -- this is why it's not uncommon for the total to go up by 2 or more when purchasing a single game. Interestingly, the mobile version of the site doesn't do this.

JaseC

It's part of simplygames who are legit, so I am going to go for it.

No, he just aped the website design and chose the name "Simply CD Keys" to fool people into thinking that. For one, Simply Games is an actual business, with an actual business number, based in the UK, whereas this purported sister site... well:

Written Correspondence can be sent to - ‘Kyle’, Apartment 4, Room 2, Triq il-Mediterran, St. Julians, STJ1870, Malta.

The effort is admirable, however the ruse falls apart when you consider that Simply Games already sells CD keys.

Edit: Actually, it seems they are affiliated. The situation is odd, though.

Addnan

No, he just aped the website design and chose the name "Simply CD Keys" to fool people into thinking that. For one, Simply Games is an actual business, with an actual business number, based in the UK, whereas this purported sister site... well:

Hmm, theres a link to it through simply games.

Silex

I remember they (SimplyGames) sold keys for Blizzard games - which aren't supposed to be available for digital sale except on Battle.net.

They might be a legit business, but I wouldn't be sure that their source for keys is 100% legit.

Addnan

I remember they sold keys for Blizzard games - which aren't supposed to be available for digital sale except on Battle.net.

They might be a legit business, but I wouldn't be sure that their source for keys is 100% legit.
I think they just rip it out of their retail copies, because those download prices are close to what I would expect from retail copies in the UK.

Silex

I think they just rip it out of their retail copies, because those download prices are close to what I would expect from retail copies in the UK.

Well I'm not familiar with their prices. I only bought DmC from them when it was available for about half the retail price - maybe it was a one time thing.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Fucking Gearbox, £7.99 for a new character type in Borderlands 2 ? It's not that I was too interested in playing it again anytime but fucking hell.

Deques

Edit: Actually, it seems they are affiliated. The situation is odd, though.

Even if they are affiliated and used same layout, I still find it odd that the layouts are not exactly same. The position of the top navigation bars are off with a few pixels. Maybe they hired bad web designers. The support number is same in both sites. If I was Simplygames I would get rid of the simplycdkeys.com

zkylon

zkylewd
I really want to reply to this, because it's a game that I find worth discussing about. But it's 2:00 here, so I gotta go to bed. If someone can remind me to do it another time, I'll be glad to write about why I liked the game, and the new Max, and even the writing. Maybe I should replay it before doing that, so I have it more fresh in my mind, but it's certainly something that I'd like to do.
go ahead, I'm open for some cool interpretation on american interventionism or something like that

I dunno, I played it on PS3 a while back and loved it. I'm a huge fan of the series, I play through 1-2 every year. I didn't think the writing was bad. Overdrawn, but not bad. Yeah, there wasn't some of the cool TV shows, no dream sequences, etc but it's not a gamebreaker. The characters ARE extremely over-the-top and overexaggerated stereotypes, for the most part, I'll agree with you there.
I'm not saying you should hate the game or you're untrue to the series or whatever

for me max payne is a whole that comes from awesome combat, cool noir aesthetics and twisted and ridiculous stories with fun, weird and likable characters and situations. for me lords and ladies, deram sequences, dumb poetic writing (as opposed to whatever dan houser did) and being able to like the story and characters are essential to a max payne game.

if you like it I won't take that from you, the combat is indeed pretty great, and the airport scene when the soundtrack kicks in is all kinds of badass, etc.

but for me that's not enough, so it's shit as a max payne game :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom